October or November 2024

Re: October or November 2024

Postby common sense » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
That's one of the reasons why I see May next year as the most likely time for an election. Spending plans will all be fixed and department budgets set, probably with a few pre-election bribes that will be fresh in the voters minds and a few sneaky land mines that won't go off until a few months later that will mean those bribes have to be clawed back or cancelled giving the press a reason to attack the new Labour administration

I still think next Oct as they'll hand on for as long as they can to their salaries and expenses and ministerial perks.

No way back. They'll be annihalated whenever they have it.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:02 pm

common sense wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
That's one of the reasons why I see May next year as the most likely time for an election. Spending plans will all be fixed and department budgets set, probably with a few pre-election bribes that will be fresh in the voters minds and a few sneaky land mines that won't go off until a few months later that will mean those bribes have to be clawed back or cancelled giving the press a reason to attack the new Labour administration

I still think next Oct as they'll hand on for as long as they can to their salaries and expenses and ministerial perks.

It's also a low turnout due to the weather, I've got a nest of Lib-Dem Focus leaflets to post tomorrow and I'm not going to be a happy bunny if it's pissing down and cold. Dial in the gerrymandering caused by photo ID as confirmed by Rees-Mogg we will have a low turnout and highly motivated electorate who will probably not vote tory, my ward may well return a conservative MP but that's mainly because he does the nursing home tours and relies on postal votes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:31 pm

common sense wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Latest indications are that it won't be Oct/Nov 2024 because that's when the Septics vote for their next demented old president.

Sunak today (one year into job) waffled on about how things can change in the next year, so expect Jan 25!!!
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:07 pm

Six months on - SitRep.

No boats stopped.

Economy flatlined as forecast.

Tories polling at 20%, Labour 43%, still looks like landslide territory.

Crisis after crisis hits government, Wragg and Menzies are the latest.

Tory MPs announcing they won't stand at the next election has gone from a trickle to a flood.

Happy St George's Day and can we have an election, PLEASE?
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:31 pm

Cannydc wrote:Six months on - SitRep.

No boats stopped.

Economy flatlined as forecast.

Tories polling at 20%, Labour 43%, still looks like landslide territory.

Crisis after crisis hits government, Wragg and Menzies are the latest.

Tory MPs announcing they won't stand at the next election has gone from a trickle to a flood.

Happy St George's Day and can we have an election, PLEASE?

He's waiting on a blip. The wise people are calling mid-November but if he thinks that the Rwanda bollocks means anything to anyone other than the thugs in Whitehall today then he's seriously deluded, but it may launch a July date if there's a slight upturn in the polls.
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs