Liverpool on high alert

Liverpool on high alert

Postby common sense » Fri May 12, 2023 10:38 pm

Fear of a terrorist attack and memories of the Manchester Arena bombing will mean that Liverpool will be on high alert tomorrow evening as thousands of ticketless fans are expected to flock in to the city centre to watch Eurovision on TV in bars and pubs.

Liverpool Arena will be on lockdown from early tomorrow after a final security sweep with sniffer dogs. A no-fly zone has been approved with airport style scanners for entry, parking ban, sniffer dogs searching everyone, CCTV monitoring the audience and over 200 armed police officers on duty both inside and outside the arena.

One security expert told the BBC "I wasn't too worried about last weekend in London. I'm more worried about tomorrow."

Enjoy everyone and keep safe. Report anything suspicious no matter how small.
common sense

Re: Liverpool on high alert

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri May 12, 2023 11:23 pm

common sense wrote:Fear of a terrorist attack and memories of the Manchester Arena bombing will mean that Liverpool will be on high alert tomorrow evening as thousands of ticketless fans are expected to flock in to the city centre to watch Eurovision on TV in bars and pubs.

Liverpool Arena will be on lockdown from early tomorrow after a final security sweep with sniffer dogs. A no-fly zone has been approved with airport style scanners for entry, parking ban, sniffer dogs searching everyone, CCTV monitoring the audience and over 200 armed police officers on duty both inside and outside the arena.

One security expert told the BBC "I wasn't too worried about last weekend in London. I'm more worried about tomorrow."

With you 100%.

The lockdown protesters, anti-LGBTQ, pro-Putin, pro-Israel, pro-Brexit crowd will be out to disrupt everything - most will be peaceful protestors and their right to express their opinion should be respected but some will be intent on causing trouble and a smaller number will be intent on causing harm.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:40 pm

common sense wrote:Fear of a terrorist attack and memories of the Manchester Arena bombing will mean that Liverpool will be on high alert tomorrow evening as thousands of ticketless fans are expected to flock in to the city centre to watch Eurovision on TV in bars and pubs.

interesting how whenever negotiations take place, something comes along to distract public attention?

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:54 pm

Why no link?

*scrub that - just noticed its a 6 month old thread!
Grafenwalder

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs