Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 70

Postby Goodwife » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:56 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Stooo wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
With the recent recruiting on DS it wouldn’t surprise me if members/long term guests had become mods. I debated applying myself, till I saw sense :mrgreen:

Are they still paying mods?

Would they get any mods otherwise? :gigglesnshit: yeah they were advertising a weekend job a few months back. It’s just very rigid, clocking in and staying out for hours.

I'm not sure how that works unless you monetize the website beyond the cost of maintenance. I could be building model aircraft or actually breathing fresh air rather than indulging the egos of the membership and guests here at my own expense but there you go.

You just need to whack a swear jar up somewhere. Charge a quid every time and you’d be fucking loaded within a month.

Who needs fresh air, really? This is why I only use forums on my phone or iPad. I can lie on a lounger in Mexico and still bitch about DS :gigglesnshit: but really, you do do a cracking job.
I used to be an ‘officer’ in a rather large guild on a game I played a few years back, we had forums to mod that included a few other games people played too.
Anyway, my point is I did that for around 7 years, and we went through mods like a whore would punters. Takes the right kind of person to find the balance enough for it to not make you crazy.

Stoo would be rolling in it but Dean and maybe a few others would be bankrupt!
Goodwife

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
You're too nice for your own good Stooo. Can't be much fun modding all this negativity.

It is fun though, that's why we do it.

Fair dos. I know this is a crawly comment but I do think you're a decent bloke. And fair play to Vicky and the others who give up their spare time to mod here, even all the posts at their own expense. When I first came upon this site I thought you were just a bunch of horrible twats taking the piss out of people on DS but I can see there's more to this place than that.

Thank you, we are generally bastards though.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
You're too nice for your own good Stooo. Can't be much fun modding all this negativity.

It is fun though, that's why we do it.

Fair dos. I know this is a crawly comment but I do think you're a decent bloke. And fair play to Vicky and the others who give up their spare time to mod here, even all the posts at their own expense. When I first came upon this site I thought you were just a bunch of horrible twats taking the piss out of people on DS but I can see there's more to this place than that.

Thank you, we are generally bastards though.

Glorious Bastards. :thumbsup: Goodnight.

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Stooo wrote:
Someone's got to do it because what else do we have?

I'm off to my bed Nicks, sweet dreams :mrgreen:

Chaos. Complete and utter chaos. Can you imagine this place without you three? :doomed:

Night night Stooo!
NastyNickers

Postby jra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:No I haven't read the posts from the last two days. What I see is a bunch of people piling on to one person all at once, almost as though they're poking him to get a rise out of him because they know he'll react badly...so they can get a kick in.
It's unseemly :snooty:

Like that isn't anything new. This was 2 days or so for jp. Try over 2 years for me for example. Just saying like.

Jp makes more of an effort to be a part of this forum than you do. :snooty:

That's good is it after the last few days shenanigans, e.g. do you want me to go into a meltdown as well? What do you want me to do? Take part in the total bitch fest that's been going on recently?
jra

Postby jra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:00 am

guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:No I haven't read the posts from the last two days. What I see is a bunch of people piling on to one person all at once, almost as though they're poking him to get a rise out of him because they know he'll react badly...so they can get a kick in.

Like that isn't anything new. This was 2 days or so for jp. Try over 2 years for me for example. Just saying like.

I don't like JRA but at least the majority of his posts make some sort of sense at times. Quality over quantity?

I won't deny I do write some shyte at times, but is there a reason why I should get too involved in jp vs Dean. Let them fight it out.
jra

Postby jra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

So its ok to kick JRA cos he makes less effort?

I have seen JRA try plenty of times but then people just go back to poking him with a big stick.

Good of you to give an example of the piling on behaviour :snooty:

Yesh. People who only stick to this thread aren't much of a loss if they flounce, sorry.

I've posted a fair bit in the Jukebox thread amongst others. If I see a thread that interests me I may post in it, just like on DS. Like on any forum, I don't read the vast majority of threads as I haven't got the time.
jra

Postby jra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:29 am

guest wrote:Yeah his "victim" screechings can be tedious but at least owns up when he's proved wrong.

jp+JRA = Dumb and dumber.

And who the fuck are you? You're tedious with the side swipe. Now crawl back under your stone.

Another spineless ball sack that wouldn't say boo to a goose if they met them in the street. Put up or shut up.
jra

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:

That's good is it after the last few days shenanigans, e.g. do you want me to go into a meltdown as well? What do you want me to do? Take part in the total bitch fest that's been going on recently?

Do you even read what you’re replying to? :dunno:

Here, I’ll help:
- you don’t have to go into a meltdown to participate in other parts of the forum.
- nobody has said you should get involved in JP vs Dean 2017.
- you’d have more time if you didn’t read pages and pages back on here and rely to every slight mention of you.
- and finally, you have no idea who would and wouldn’t say boo to a goose face to face; since you haven’t actually met anyone IRL so you don’t really know them at all... :woteva:
NastyNickers

Postby Nucks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:05 am

NastyNickers wrote:Do you even read what you’re replying to? :dunno:

Here, I’ll help:
- you don’t have to go into a meltdown to participate in other parts of the forum.
- you’d have more time if you didn’t read pages and pages back on here and rely to every slight mention of you.
- and finally, you have no idea who would and wouldn’t say boo to a goose face to face; since you haven’t actually met anyone IRL so you don’t really know them at all... :woteva:

I’ve said boo to many a goose in my day. I’m quite a legend at the local park. :cool:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 am

Canucklehead wrote:

Here, I’ll help:

I’ve said boo to many a goose in my day. I’m quite a legend at the local park. :cool:

You’re a legend amongst the goose! They are savages round our reservoir. Even my Bear is scared of them :kinell:
NastyNickers

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 am

Canucklehead wrote:

Here, I’ll help:

you need to be careful, those geese know some 'men'
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 am

hahaha

cat avi overload
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 am

HobbitFeet wrote:hahaha

cat avi overload

:wubbers:

We need Feline and Frankly for a full house.
Nucks

Postby guest » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

charlie wrote:The people who receive constant abuse on this thread, but still reply to it, are surely masochists?

Why would you subject yourself to this abuse? It's not real life, 'you' don't know these people, so why the need to respond to every single little criticism?

Leave it, and go and do something constructive.

Maybe thats why keysers avi is now Pinhead?

:pizzed:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive