Flounce Users Part II

Big Threads

Re: Flounce Users Part II

Postby McAz » Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 am

measurer wrote:Where are you in my fair country Az? I saw you saying you were coming up......you may be near me. And at least you got some nice weather. I am going to pick up mum shortly and take her out for the day. Too nice to sit in.

I'm back now Mes - I just had to pop over the border for the afore-mentioned hideous driving licence pic and some Scottish groceries.

Hope you and your mum have a nice day out - its cooler here at last so I may catch up on some zzzzs.

Take care. :Hiya:
McAz

Postby measurer » Fri May 25, 2018 10:58 am

Going to Moffat today. ;)
measurer

Postby McAz » Fri May 25, 2018 11:02 am

measurer wrote:Going to Moffat today. ;)

Oh that's not far from me but I've never been there - great, you've given me somewhere new to visit. Thanks Mes, enjoy yourself.
McAz

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 am

Holly wrote:Good grief...just as well I have no alliance here with anyone. Just when I feel a bit bad about someone getting a hard time, that someone turns into a total arsehole, and sometimes I feel really hostile towards some other poster and then boom, they show me that they're actually quite likeable. It's really confusing to try and figure out who to like or not :paranoid:

\

You're a nice person Holly - neutral, fair and even tempered. I know what you mean about people being confusing and shifting, but that's a compliment to you in that you don't hold grudges and give people second chances when they've fucked up.

Go Holls!

Postby Holly » Fri May 25, 2018 11:11 am

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:Good grief...just as well I have no alliance here with anyone. Just when I feel a bit bad about someone getting a hard time, that someone turns into a total arsehole, and sometimes I feel really hostile towards some other poster and then boom, they show me that they're actually quite likeable. It's really confusing to try and figure out who to like or not :paranoid:

\

You're a nice person Holly - neutral, fair and even tempered. I know what you mean about people being confusing and shifting, but that's a compliment to you in that you don't hold grudges and give people second chances when they've fucked up.

Go Holls!

Ohhh thank you guest, I don't often get a nice little compliment, so I'm really enjoying yours, thank you :Hiya:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holls Rocks Club President » Fri May 25, 2018 11:16 am

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

\

Go Holls!

Ohhh thank you guest, I don't often get a nice little compliment, so I'm really enjoying yours, thank you :Hiya:

Different guestie but I agree. You’re the most decent fair mod I know and not just talking about this forum but a few. You don’t seem to take sides which is easy to do as a mod and don’t stop fair criticism of a person even if you may like them. That’s perfect modding.

That aside you also seem like a good laugh and a lovely lady. Last time I paid you a compliment Vicks got all pissy no one said it about her but seeing as she’s not a mod anymore hopefully this time it’s allowed. :gigglesnshit:
Holls Rocks Club President

Postby McAz » Fri May 25, 2018 11:23 am

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

I've "liked" and "disliked" most everyone in my time and I can't even remember why. It's all a bit silly really, best just to go with the flow. Today's enemy is often tomorrow's friend - I really don't get the need some folk have to maintain long term feuds - except that they probably enjoy them.
McAz

Postby Holly » Fri May 25, 2018 11:40 am

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

I've "liked" and "disliked" most everyone in my time and I can't even remember why. It's all a bit silly really, best just to go with the flow. Today's enemy is often tomorrow's friend - I really don't get the need some folk have to maintain long term feuds - except that they probably enjoy them.

Wow, I actually agree with you McAz, who would have thought eh? :more beer:
It is actually quite interesting how things are playing out on forums...Yesterdays online enemies could be your best online mates today...I call it fickle, but that's not a term favoured with online friendships :mrgreen:

These days I just sit back, get a bit shocked or shake my head in disbelieve at what I read sometimes and then just giggle and tell myself...who the fuck cares what any of those faceless people are saying?... :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 am

Holly has stepped in a couple of times when unpopular people were being piled on - jp, jra etc

I liked that. You don't have to like a poster to dislike relentless pile ons. And I hate the hypocrisy of people moaning about it at times but gleefully joining in to attack the easy targets.

I've felt the same way about the Vam stuff. Never a huge fan of Vam but for all her flaws the vitriol gets too much at times. And the anger and rage from some is ridiculous.

ps the antics I was referring to was Claire's past insanity. People who saw her back in the day aren't buying this attempt to create a new persona.

Now I'm going to flounce so this post gets approved :thumbsup:

Postby McAz » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

Wow, I actually agree with you McAz, who would have thought eh? :more beer:
It is actually quite interesting how things are playing out on forums...Yesterdays online enemies could be your best online mates today...I call it fickle, but that's not a term favoured with online friendships :mrgreen:

These days I just sit back, get a bit shocked or shake my head in disbelieve at what I read sometimes and then just giggle and tell myself...who the fuck cares what any of those people are saying?... :gigglesnshit:

To paraphrase Shakespeare - it's all just Coronation Street but with the actors writing the script. :gigglesnshit:

I sometimes read with disbelief too, not only what others say but at some of the shite I've written in past. But I've come to the conclusion that it's better to let out it than keep it in, and if that,s done with relative strangers on a forum then it's a damn sight better than taking it out on your RL family and friends. Good forums are more than just message boards.
McAz

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:Holly has stepped in a couple of times when unpopular people were being piled on - jp, jra etc

I liked that. You don't have to like a poster to dislike relentless pile ons. And I hate the hypocrisy of people moaning about it at times but gleefully joining in to attack the easy targets.

I've felt the same way about the Vam stuff. Never a huge fan of Vam but for all her flaws the vitriol gets too much at times. And the anger and rage from some is ridiculous.

ps the antics I was referring to was Claire's past insanity. People who saw her back in the day aren't buying this attempt to create a new persona.

Now I'm going to flounce so this post gets approved :thumbsup:

Awwww, are you discussing me elsewhere? How sad. :wubbers:
Claire

Postby Dean » Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Vicks wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Vicks wrote:As for flouncing..

I think some people are just staying away for a few days in the hope someone misses them.

If you mean me, no, I am truly disgusted at some of the stuff posted on here recently.

No I didn't mean you GW and as it happens, I'm disgusted by the stuff that's being posted on here recently as well..

Two examples, because I don't have all day.

Someone being called 'A piece of excrement" and the use of the word "$pastic" which I did censor when I was Admin, because I find it very offensive.

It seems anything goes.

As you find it offensive, I will no longer use it!
Dean

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Vam wrote:I can see yet another delightful tag team and alliance of convenience forming here.

Have fun watching it all unfold, folks...! :gigglesnshit:

Az is right calling you Vamoth. You draw hatred to you like a candle draws a moth.
Why do you think that is?

It's not because you're picked on. You've been fighting here and I don't doubt other forums for years.

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:
No I didn't mean you GW and as it happens, I'm disgusted by the stuff that's being posted on here recently as well..

Someone being called 'A piece of excrement" and the use of the word "$pastic" which I did censor when I was Admin, because I find it very offensive.

It seems anything goes.

you're a good lad, dean. :smilin:

Postby Dean » Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:

It seems anything goes.

you're a good lad, dean. :smilin:

Yes, I am, aren’t I...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive