Modesty culture

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Modesty culture

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:I know women who have chosen to wear the hijab, after previously having an uncovered head for all of their adult lives. They said they wanted to be more involved with their religion and religious community. That is their choice. The issue of children wearing it is difficult. They will grow up knowing no different, it will be their norm, but you could say that about any child's upbringing. Like it or not, there already are very young children wearing the hijab.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Conservative Islam is taking whole generations of Muslims back to the idea that women are sinners and temptresses. Just like most Conservative religions do.

Agree with this. When it's Law and families make them wear it, it's worse.

Some women wear hijab because they don’t have a choice—their culture or family mandates it. In many Muslim countries, wearing hijab is the law. But, often, Muslim women cover their heads and faces because they choose to. Their modesty is an expression of their religious conviction and devotion to God. This is a brief introduction to the most common styles of hijab around the world.

Religion is used to subjugate women in some Faiths.

Postby banana chewits » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
To the underlined question...
Yes. Because this type of thing hasn’t come about because of religious beliefs it’s come about as a reaction to political movements. But it’s consequence is one of making girls feel ashamed to show the hair.
Can’t believe it’s happening in this country.

where did you get the idea they're ashamed to show their hair?

The covering it up part kind of gives it away.

how though?

it's like saying women who don't sunbathe topless only cover up because they're ashamed of having breasts, or women who don't go skinny dipping in public are ashamed of having a foof.

modesty don't have to equal shame, i would just like to understand why you have the belief that girls are being made to feel ashamed to show their hair.

are sikh boys being taught to be ashamed of showing their hair?

Modesty doesn’t equal shame? What do you call wear the full burka? :haha:

I don’t know why you’re asking me about Sikh boys when this article is about the hijab. What’s your agenda here?
I’m suspicious because you’ve displayed racist tendencies in the past.

i said modesty doesn't have to equal shame.

do you think that boys who are made to cover their hair from a young age are being taught to be ashamed of their hair?
banana chewits

Postby Vam » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 am

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Piss and wind again? Is that all you can offer this thread Rocky?

Even Vam did better than you at giving an insightful opinion.

Why are they getting schoolgirls to cover up now is the question you should be asking. Not some lame ass history lesson.

True. Although Vam has been furiously googling all morning just to prove she can make the odd post without sniding. Bless.

:roll: ....I said I Googled to check out the point Stooo raised about Sikh women. That's it.

So why lie/exaggerate? Unless, of course, it's because your weird fixation on me has made you lose all reaaon... :ooer:
Vam

Postby Rockstar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
To the underlined question...
Yes. Because this type of thing hasn’t come about because of religious beliefs it’s come about as a reaction to political movements. But it’s consequence is one of making girls feel ashamed to show the hair.
Can’t believe it’s happening in this country.

where did you get the idea they're ashamed to show their hair?

The covering it up part kind of gives it away.

how though?

it's like saying women who don't sunbathe topless only cover up because they're ashamed of having breasts, or women who don't go skinny dipping in public are ashamed of having a foof.

modesty don't have to equal shame, i would just like to understand why you have the belief that girls are being made to feel ashamed to show their hair.

are sikh boys being taught to be ashamed of showing their hair?

Modesty doesn’t equal shame? What do you call wear the full burka? :haha:

I don’t know why you’re asking me about Sikh boys when this article is about the hijab. What’s your agenda here?
I’m suspicious because you’ve displayed racist tendencies in the past.

I am not sure why are you bringing racism into the mix...It was Stooo who first talked about the Sikhs and I further expounded on it in the post you failed to counter... Why accuse banana chewits of having an agenda..Reply to the post and not the poster... You are been too defensive about the Sikhs..Why?
Rockstar

Postby Dean » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm

I think Kawasaki gets so worked up about head covering because she should cover her own head. Not for any religion purposes, just because she’s fat ugly bastard...
Dean

Postby Rockstar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Piss and wind again? Is that all you can offer this thread Rocky?

Why are they getting schoolgirls to cover up now is the question you should be asking. Not some lame ass history lesson.

Who is "they"? Parents? Why the fuck do you care on how others raise their kids if they are not breaking any laws? :off head:
Rockstar

Postby Rockstar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Modesty doesn’t equal shame?

This takes the cake. :off head:

What is the point of you? You seem to think religion makes you superior, it’s made you confident but lacking in something more important.

I don't need religion to make me feel superior to you.Only reading this thread again will suffice. :gigglesnshit: :mrgreen:
Rockstar

Postby Stereotypical Sam » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Hijabs should be pink because pink is for girls and blue is for boys.
Stereotypical Sam

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:

True. Although Vam has been furiously googling all morning just to prove she can make the odd post without sniding. Bless.

:roll: ....I said I Googled to check out the point Stooo raised about Sikh women. That's it.

So why lie/exaggerate? Unless, of course, it's because your weird fixation on me has made you lose all reaaon... :ooer:

Judging by your posts in this thread and others I’d say it looks like it’s you who has the weird fixation- on Lady Murasaki.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Dean wrote:I think Kawasaki gets so worked up about head covering because she should cover her own head. Not for any religion purposes, just because she’s fat ugly bastard...

Yet again calling women fat, but now adding ugly and calling her a bike. Thought people made out they were against this sort of thing?

Postby Dean » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:I think Kawasaki gets so worked up about head covering because she should cover her own head. Not for any religion purposes, just because she’s fat ugly bastard...

Yet again calling women fat, but now adding ugly and calling her a bike. Thought people made out they were against this sort of thing?

Not women, just Kawasaki. She is a fatty...
Dean

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s not the same as dressing up. It’s about getting young girls used to being ashamed of their hair because it may turn a male on.

What is your opinion about baptised Sikh ladies who are forbidden from showing or cutting hair?

Ladies are adults. I’ve never come across a Sikh lady who hasn’t cut her hair if that’s what she wanted to do. Have you?

Not personally but I was listening to this a couple of days ago and I thought that you may be able to tell me more about it :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Is the forum cherub having another one of his meltdowns? Why so nasty?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:It’s not the same as dressing up. It’s about getting young girls used to being ashamed of their hair because it may turn a male on.

What is your opinion about baptised Sikh ladies who are forbidden from showing or cutting hair?

Ladies are adults. I’ve never come across a Sikh lady who hasn’t cut her hair if that’s what she wanted to do. Have you?

Not personally but I was listening to this a couple of days ago and I thought that you may be able to tell me more about it :ooer:

I’ll have a listen after dinner.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I’ll have a listen after dinner.

Cheers, it's a really nice talk :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms