Monday Madness!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Monday Madness!

Postby jra » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:21 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:15 x zoom is not that great these days either, even some of the cheap compact zooms do 20 x and they're nowhere near as chunky so you can put them in a jeans pocket.

I think you need an upgrade!

Above 10x you can't really hold the camera still enough without a tripod or resting it on a flat surface, just like with binoculars.

Really?

Yes.

You might be OK with image stabilization.

That's why you should take multiple pictures of the same scene, landscape in my case and discard the worst.

If you're having to take multiple pics of the same scene to guarantee a decent pic then there's something wrong with your technique/camera knowledge or your camera-lens combi. :dunno:

I don't normally have to when I get back home and look at the images on the laptop. I do it just in case, as in covering all your bases.
jra

Postby jra » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
jra wrote:
Yes.

You might be OK with image stabilization.

That's why you should take multiple pictures of the same scene, landscape in my case and discard the worst.

I've got a Sony 50x bridge camera I use to take pictures of birds and the image stabilisation is pretty good, don't need a tripod if I lean against something.

What if you've got nothing to lean against?
jra

Postby Abs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:29 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Middens wrote:
:shake head: You flooding the music thread is bad etiquette. It's for everyone, not just you. I think people have been quite patient with you considering.

Or they are too lazy with the mouse scroll button. It's no big deal.

Do people still use a mouse? Seems like a ‘good old days’ thing now.

If you don't use a mouse, what would you use?

Most people use smart pads and smart phones nowadays. Or a touchpad on their lappy.

Going back to using a mouse seems archaic now. :ooer:

I don't own a lappy, phones and tablets are too small for typing on, I use a mouse on my PC. Also I'm not one of them people who run out and buy the newest thing. :dunno:
Abs

Postby Abs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am

Gabby wrote:Does anyone actually listen to music videos that others post? :dunno: ..... I used to listen to some but don’t tend to go on the thread anymore!

I used to check some out, I like to see what other peoples preferences are. I also got some ideas to check out and then get for myself if I like them. Now I rarely go in that thread, there's just too many to go through.
Abs

Postby Abs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:39 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Abs wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
jra wrote:
Middens wrote:
:shake head: You flooding the music thread is bad etiquette. It's for everyone, not just you. I think people have been quite patient with you considering.

Or they are too lazy with the mouse scroll button. It's no big deal.

Do people still use a mouse? Seems like a ‘good old days’ thing now.

If you don't use a mouse, what would you use?

Most people use smart pads and smart phones nowadays. Or a touchpad on their lappy.

Going back to using a mouse seems archaic now. :ooer:

Not to me I dislike the new changes in technology and how they are always coming out with something new to make the last one obsolete. Some people can't afford it. Don't want or have a touch pad, have a smart phone but just use it for games or calling, texting. Mostly I use my PC.
Abs

Postby jra » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 am

Abs wrote:I don't own a lappy, phones and tablets are too small for typing on, I use a mouse on my PC. Also I'm not one of them people who run out and buy the newest thing. :dunno:

Other than a laptop, I'm rarely an early adopter. Saves you a shed load of money as well.

My second hand Olympus DSLR is ancient, but looks brand new. Camera body plus 2 lenses and all the other accessories for £240. It doesn't do videos and is 4:3 not 16:9 for photos, but I can live with that. I ran it by my flat tenant who is really into DSLRs and he said I got a good deal there, so I'm happy.
jra

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 am

Tell us more about your cameras jra.

Postby jra » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:37 am

Guest wrote:Tell us more about your cameras jra.

:pmsl:
jra

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:34 am

jra wrote:My second hand Olympus DSLR is ancient, but looks brand new. Camera body plus 2 lenses and all the other accessories for £240. It doesn't do videos and is 4:3 not 16:9 for photos, but I can live with that. I ran it by my flat tenant who is really into DSLRs and he said I got a good deal there, so I'm happy.

You take piccies of ya flat tenants????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :ooer:
Jobless Oddball

Postby jra » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
jra wrote:My second hand Olympus DSLR is ancient, but looks brand new. Camera body plus 2 lenses and all the other accessories for £240. It doesn't do videos and is 4:3 not 16:9 for photos, but I can live with that. I ran it by my flat tenant who is really into DSLRs and he said I got a good deal there, so I'm happy.

You take piccies of ya flat tenants????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :ooer:

My tenants stand upright.

Oh, I forgot to ask if you and Gabby collect question marks. Well do you!
jra

Postby Gabby » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 pm

jra wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:

My tenants stand upright.

Oh, I forgot to ask if you and Gabby collect question marks. Well do you!

Me? :dunno:
Gabby

Postby Camera shy. » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:03 pm

jra wrote:

Don't take a blind bit of notice, jra. :smilin:

I admire anyone who has a knowledge of photograpy.

My ex-husband, thought he could recreate black and white studio photos in our front room using our children as subjects. He put a sheet up in the background to use as a backdrop - sat his 2 toddlers in front and started snappng away!

When we got the prints back from Snappy Snaps (yeah, I know, lol!) they were (surprisingly?) completely out of focus!The narcissist in him though believed it was their fault!

I still have the photos - but hide it from them out of a sense of morality and of course as a loving mum...
Camera shy.

Postby jra » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Camera shy. wrote:
jra wrote:

Don't take a blind bit of notice, jra. :smilin:

I admire anyone who has a knowledge of photograpy.

My ex-husband, thought he could recreate black and white studio photos in our front room using our children as subjects. He put a sheet up in the background to use as a backdrop - sat his 2 toddlers in front and started snappng away!

When we got the prints back from Snappy Snaps (yeah, I know, lol!) they were (surprisingly?) completely out of focus!The narcissist in him though believed it was their fault!

I still have the photos - but hide it from them out of a sense of morality and of course as a loving mum...

Presumably you've still go the negatives and they can't lie.
jra

Postby Gabby » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:21 am

It’s a sunny Monday! :hap: :hap:
Gabby

Postby Wilson » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am

Gabby wrote:It’s a sunny Monday! :hap: :hap:

Same here. I've come out early to get to the bank but it doesn't open till 9:30 so I'm sat in the sun (well wrapped up) having a coffee. Lovely it is. :smilin:
Wilson

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms