The Peoples Vote March (Bollocks to Brexit)

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Peoples Vote March (Bollocks to Brexit)

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Wilson wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Sorry Red, the rest of your post was ad hom.

Because they were ill informed, the biggest search term on Google from UK IPs was 'what is the EU?' the day after the vote. I'm glad that you're seeing it for the clusterfuck that it is.

Coming from the fella who calls everyone with a differing political opinion to him a 'gammon', and guest posts calling people 'fascist scum', bleating about 'ad hom' is par for the course for a lily-livered, beret-wearing liberal lefty twat, but never mind.

Moving on, If the electorate were 'ill-informed' as you claim, surely it was the responsibility of the Remain camp to make sure they were better informed?

I think it's fair to say the Remain camp failed miserably at informing the country. Even now nobody's telling us how a People's Vote is going to work exactly. The lack of detail on both sides is concerning considering how far into the process we are.

I'm as angry with the neoliberal Remainers as I am the hard right Brexiters right now. We're all being taken for mugs.

How can you inform people about how things will stay the same?

Please tell me an advantage of this pile of crap, indulge me...

One example: It may have been a good idea to raise the issue of the Irish border & potential destruction of The Good Friday Agreement prior to polling day.

So much wasn't brought up until after the result, which is shocking. The Brexiteers ran dishonest, corrupt, racist campaign and all Remain did was pretend the EU was wonderful and assume the people would vote their way.

I totally agree, we took so much for granted.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Stooo wrote:I totally agree, we took so much for granted.

We got there in the end.

You admit your side ran a bad campaign. If you run a bad campaign, you are most likely to lose. Your side lost.

No amount of wanky hats and marches are going to change that.
Red Okktober

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Some people find it hard to deal with massive crowds like that.

Many of us displayed flags and window bills at the time of the referendum and would do so again! :smilin:

It just looked liked people with second homes in France who shop at Waitrose showed up to me.

Very white and very middle class.

Which is weird because they're normally the people whose opinions the left say are worthless.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 pm

It quelled the far right. I suppose it was easier for the government to take on the role than have a real one rising to power. This wasn't a good decision IMO because we are still no better off. People still don't trust the government and when people don't trust the government it allows people like farage to step in and be their beacon of hope. Spoon feeding them bullshit.

An important lesson from this is that it shows us that it isn't just the government. People will vote against their own in order to reach a goal and national identity runs deep in sight of a flag. When their identity should be in their principles of what's right and wrong.

That's my 2 cents. Could be wrong and the government could really be the far right! They certainly behave like it!

Nb: I reserve the right to change my opinion at any time.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

We got there in the end.

You admit your side ran a bad campaign. If you run a bad campaign, you are most likely to lose. Your side lost.

'The will of the people is changing' - 'More than 500,000' march for second Brexit vote

Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, speaking ahead of his platform appearance, said: "Today will go down as an historic moment in our democracy. A moment when in their thousands, people from every corner of our country and every section of our society will take to the streets - coming to make our voice heard.

"We've heard some complain that a public vote would be undemocratic and unpatriotic. But the opposite is true. There's nothing more democratic - nothing more British - than trusting the people to have the final say on our future.

"The lies, the mistruths and the deceptions of the referendum campaign have now been exposed, and it's clear the will of the people is changing. No one voted to leave the EU to make themselves poorer. No one voted to make life harder for our children and grandchildren. No one voted to see our NHS damaged. And no one voted for the shambles that this Government has created."

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/e ... 40718.html

Suck it up buttercup! :bawlin: :canny:

Postby xtras1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:24 pm

I found it funny that Thomas Sampson, an economist at the London School of Economics, claimed "Older and less-educated voters were more likely to vote 'leave'..

What does that say about the so called well-educated?
xtras1

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:
Some people find it hard to deal with massive crowds like that.

Many of us displayed flags and window bills at the time of the referendum and would do so again! :smilin:

It just looked liked people with second homes in France who shop at Waitrose showed up to me.

Very white and very middle class.

Which is weird because they're normally the people whose opinions the left say are worthless.

So what is wrong with them having an opinion and making a protest then?

The Labour party has increased support from the younger middle classes, my brother and his mates are all university grads with very good jobs and some own their own houses, my brother included and they are Labour and pro remain to the core!

Politics is changing for the better in this country imo. :canny:

Postby Goodwife » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

We got there in the end.

'The will of the people is changing' - 'More than 500,000' march for second Brexit vote

Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, speaking ahead of his platform appearance, said: "Today will go down as an historic moment in our democracy. A moment when in their thousands, people from every corner of our country and every section of our society will take to the streets - coming to make our voice heard.

"We've heard some complain that a public vote would be undemocratic and unpatriotic. But the opposite is true. There's nothing more democratic - nothing more British - than trusting the people to have the final say on our future.

"The lies, the mistruths and the deceptions of the referendum campaign have now been exposed, and it's clear the will of the people is changing. No one voted to leave the EU to make themselves poorer. No one voted to make life harder for our children and grandchildren. No one voted to see our NHS damaged. And no one voted for the shambles that this Government has created."

In real terms

33,551,981 people voted for/against brexit, which was approx 72.something of the available electorate.

An estimated 700k went to this march so thats around 2% of those who originally voted. Take into consideration how many are unlikely to have voted in the first place or may have even voted for brexit in the first place it's not actually alot.

If you take into account the full electorate at the time its way below 2%. So another vote isn't really what the people want is it?
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Goodwife wrote:
Guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

We got there in the end.

In real terms

33,551,981 people voted for/against brexit, which was approx 72.something of the available electorate.

An estimated 700k went to this march so thats around 2% of those who originally voted. Take into consideration how many are unlikely to have voted in the first place or may have even voted for brexit in the first place it's not actually alot.

If you take into account the full electorate at the time its way below 2%. So another vote isn't really what the people want is it?

But if people were really passionate about leaving they would have turned up for the leave event, which could only muster up just over a thousand! :pmsl:

Postby Goodwife » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

We got there in the end.

In real terms

But if people were really passionate about leaving they would have turned up for the leave event, which could only muster up just over a thousand! :pmsl:

Err why do they need to? We are leaving. The leave event wasn"t trying to get another vote or change democracy

Edit. Just looked it up, it seems to have been a paid event at the conference centre in Harrogate.

Not a counter protest as some are making out. If it had been it would have been in London at the same time.

Bit like when united against fascists counter protest againt the EDL. They do it at the same time & in the same location.
Last edited by Goodwife on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodwife

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:07 pm

So many people don't want politicians to be accountable by supporting totally fraudulent elections .
Attachments
Brexitturkeys.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:16 pm

Goodwife wrote:

Err why do they need to? We are leaving. The leave event wasn"t trying to get another vote or change democracy

Edit. Just looked it up, it seems to have been a paid event at the conference centre in Harrogate.

Not a counter protest as some are making out. If it had been it would have been in London at the same time.

Bit like when united against fascists counter protest againt the EDL. They do it at the same time & in the same location.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-brit ... SKCN1LK2U4

Most people have changed their minds, so this will be enacted on, with a final vote.

UAF/ANTIFICA do a bloody good job in this country at standing up against the minority bigoted scum in this country!

Of course....fascists hate to be opposed which is part of their ethos, which is why they wet their panties and wail like pathetic little snowflakes when they are opposed! :pmsl:

Postby Wilson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:So many people don't want politicians to be accountable by supporting totally fraudulent elections .

It's catch 22 though. The opposition dismissing a decision made by the majority of the electorate would be electoral suicide. They need to get in No10 & that's all there is to it.
Labour's 6 Test policy ticks alot of boxes and I trust those behind it FAR more than I trust the neoliberals heading The People's Vote campaign.
Wilson

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:51 pm

I was just wondering...

So those that voted for Brexit aren't really worried about the collapse of the pound and the risings of prices in the supermarkets etc?

You are thick enough to think that in the event of a no deal that things will magically improve?

You think that Ireland should suffer for your nasty racist whims as well?

Postby calitom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:25 am

so of course if there is another vote and brexit is rejected then the EU slaves will of course grant a 3rd vote...best 2 out of 3 you know;) only fair and logical
calitom

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms