How Many Of You Now Think Differently?

A right load of bollocks...

How Many Of You Now Think Differently?

Postby Outsider » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Now that we are hearing what we may be able to do - (no pun intended) - and may not be able to do any longer, and the fiasco that has resulted through Brexit, would you change your vote knowing this isn't a simple exercise and one that may cost us more than we anticipated?

I would still vote to stay, as I believe there is safety in numbers. This government could have addressed the problems of immigration by itself by playing hardball and imposing restrictions on those entering the UK. France seems to get away with a lot....

On reflection, how do you think you would vote now?
Outsider

Re: How Many Of You Now Think Differently?

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm

I would vote remain, as I did last time. Nothing has convinced me one iota of the Brexit case either from right or left.
McAz

Postby Goodwife » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 pm

I would vote the same way as I did to start with.

My reasons for voting the way I did remain unchanged
Goodwife

Postby Nucks » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

McAz wrote:I would vote remain, as I did last time. Nothing has convinced me one iota of the Brexit case either from right or left.

What he said ^
Nucks

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

The circus has arrived so let's just enjoy the show. Lots of clowns in this one. On a personal level my family secured our financial position 2 years ago so whatever...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Wilson » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:43 pm

I voted Remain & would again but the last 2 years have been pretty revealing in lots of ways so despite not changing my mind on how I voted, I definitely feel different.
I live in a constituency that voted for Brexit and regularly canvass for Labour. Brexit voters aren't all the racist idiots I assumed they were 2 years ago. People have been held back in the UK for a long time and the EU referendum was an opportunity to send a message.
Wilson

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Wilson wrote:I voted Remain & would again but the last 2 years have been pretty revealing in lots of ways so despite not changing my mind on how I voted, I definitely feel different.
I live in a constituency that voted for Brexit and regularly canvass for Labour. Brexit voters aren't all the racist idiots I assumed they were 2 years ago. People have been held back in the UK for a long time and the EU referendum was an opportunity to send a message.

I think we could have negotiated for better terms, as a few other EU countries have, instead of going to these lengths. They reckon every family will be 6K a year worse off. That I believe will rise. We as a country are bankrupt, take a good look at your parks, empty buildings laying decaying - so far from the boomer days of the 80's, isn't it? People begging to be housed, sleeping in cars, etc. And it will get worse before it gets better.
They have told us we have climbed out of austerity but I don't see any evidence of that. Everything that has been cut will not suddenly be back on the list. I fear people have stuck their heads in the sand and failed to understand the impact they Leave vote will have.

Postby George » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 pm

I have not changed my view since the referendum was first discussed. I considered what was best for me children’s futures and voted to remain
George

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Wilson wrote:I voted Remain & would again but the last 2 years have been pretty revealing in lots of ways so despite not changing my mind on how I voted, I definitely feel different.

Yeah, I feel your pain.

A couple of people asked me why I was so cheery on such a grim day, I just said that it was fun to listen to a government pulling itself apart, I even had to explain that UC was hard enough if you've got two grannies in the grave let alone for new people and then I got the BUT! You're sorta fucked then.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:57 pm

So if a Gammon changed their mind and voted to stay. Would they still be a Gammon?

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Guest wrote:So if a Gammon changed their mind and voted to stay. Would they still be a Gammon?

Gammons don't change their minds despite any evidence.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:26 am

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:So if a Gammon changed their mind and voted to stay. Would they still be a Gammon?

therefore 52% will still vote leave. :dunno:

Postby LordRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Outsider wrote:Now that we are hearing what we may be able to do - (no pun intended) - and may not be able to do any longer, and the fiasco that has resulted through Brexit, would you change your vote knowing this isn't a simple exercise and one that may cost us more than we anticipated?

I would still vote to stay, as I believe there is safety in numbers. This government could have addressed the problems of immigration by itself by playing hardball and imposing restrictions on those entering the UK. France seems to get away with a lot....

On reflection, how do you think you would vote now?

I would vote remain again, given the absolute shite we are heading into.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cobs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

therefore 52% will still vote leave. :dunno:

Once a Gammon changes their mind they are no longer a Gammon. It's axiomatic.
Cobs

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Stooo wrote:

And what say you of the ones of her own cabinet resigning then? No longer Gammon? Maybe Streaky's? Or Tories that have seen the light?

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms