Put a ring on it

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Put a ring on it

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:Infidelity by the body can and often will turn into infidelity by the heart, especially for woman.

That suggests that men should be even more controlling of their womenfolk - that's not something I care for. :ooer:

Not controlling but agreeing to mutual respect.
No way would I want to sleep with my man knowing he's been in someone else's va jay jay, nah, for me it's unforgivable. Besides, there is always a risk of getting some STD. Not having it :snooty:

What ever works for you. :thumbsup:

Though unless you caught him fresh off the production line he's bound to have been in someone else's va jay jay, nah. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Holly » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:45 pm

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:Infidelity by the body can and often will turn into infidelity by the heart, especially for woman.

That suggests that men should be even more controlling of their womenfolk - that's not something I care for. :ooer:

No way would I want to sleep with my man knowing he's been in someone else's va jay jay, nah, for me it's unforgivable. Besides, there is always a risk of getting some STD. Not having it :snooty:

Though unless you caught him fresh off the production line he's bound to have been in someone else's va jay jay, nah. :ooer:

OK, one can never be 100% sure but my feeling tells me my man's a good lad, plus he hasn't got the time or opportunity :mrgreen:

ETA...or the stamina :pmsl:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:

OK, one can never be 100% sure but my feeling tells me my man's a good lad, plus he hasn't got the time or opportunity :mrgreen:

Yeah, the lack of opportunity is a woman's best insurance. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby jra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:53 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Is it fair to accuse someone of cheating if you aren’t married?

Isn’t that what marriage is for? To commit to that one person?

Yes, if you're in a steady and/or long term relationship. Rings and marriage certificates don't come into it.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:57 am

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote: eyebrow

....... please tell us you got her an eternity ring!!..... eyebrow

Believe me, I know what's good for her, and she'll be happier with a cordless Shark. :thumbsup:

What if she's bought you a shark tank full of sharks for Christmas?

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Gabby wrote:Yes of course it is :ooer: ..... if you’re in a relationship you’re committed, married or not! :dunno:

Why not go all in and be married then?

Because it may affect the people concerned financially. Sometimes it's better to be taxed individually than as a couple.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 am

Nucks wrote:
Vam wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:She's expecting an eternity ring - I can't wait to see her little face light up on Xmas morning. :gigglesnshit:

eyebrow
....... please tell us you got her an eternity ring!!..... eyebrow

There’ll be an eternity of something if he buys her a hoover. :laughing:

:mrgreen: ... been looking everywhere online for an image a mate sent me.

It's of an ironing board, completely wrapped in Christmas paper (even the stand!), alongside all the other pressies under a Christmas tree.

The caption reads, "Ungrateful c**t hasn't even opened her present!"

:gigglesnshit:

There was a discussion (DS I think) about buying appliances as a gift (from men to women) and guys counter argued that women buy power tools for their husbands so why not tools for her, as it were. I thought the difference was that carpentry is usually a hobby for fellas but housework, not so much. :mrgreen: Tools are just toys for grown up boys.

The only difference between boys and men is the size of their toys, as the expression goes.

Dick in a Box - SNL Digital Short

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0spqQtMKg

Spoiler: show
The Lonely Island (Feat. Justin Timberlake) - Dick In A Box (Uncensored and Lyrics)

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzf6PT4zF8
jra

Postby jra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 am

Guest wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:Interesting that the people on here dissing marriage are those who are single.... :wink:

It seems to be the married ones playing down their reasons for getting married. Like it’s untrendy to admit it’s an important thing. :dunno:

The very idea of marriage has always scared me. I have no idea why, but the thought of legally tying myself to another person leaves me cold. Yet, conversely, I am fully committed in a relationship, but then I think, am I? Is there some part of me that needs to be able to walk away if necessary. When in a relationship, I would never cheat and would fully expect my partner not to, either.

You can walk away from a marriage too. Almost half of marriages end up in divorce.

Not as easily than if in a committed relationship and/or having children, especially if not living together (co-habitation), because there are more legal implications.

Dean wrote:
Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:
You’re doing exactly what they want...

Bollocks. If I was doing that, I'd be here 24/7 answering every name-check/dig.

Nobody is here 24/7. When you are here, which is a lot, you fall for the baiting every time. It’s simply attention seeking on your part...

Or theirs. Works both way.

You calling me a Jewish nonce is attention seeking.

Dean wrote:You’re as bad as the Jewish nonce for answering every post ffs...

Still at it Dean. Now go and fuck yourself snooker boy.
jra

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am

Nivana wrote:I sometimes wonder if people marry because they feel it's expected of them. It's also very much a generational thing. With women having so many opportunities open to them now, many are focusing on their goals and ambitions in life. Having the freedom and flexibility to 'do your own thing' makes life so much easier at times. Many men also see their wife as an extension of their Mum. :laughing: Many of my friends are putting off marriage and families. As I said earlier everyone is different. Getting married isn't the be all or end all of life. Not for me anyway.

I think a lot of people do get married because it’s expected of them or other financial or child rearing reasons. Not many seem to really think about the commitment aspect of it, or the ones that do decide it’s not the right thing for them. If they don’t want the contract then they can’t complain when, you know what.
Seems the people who want to get married nowadays are gays.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:59 am

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Is it fair to accuse someone of cheating if you aren’t married?

Isn’t that what marriage is for? To commit to that one person?

Yes, if you're in a steady and/or long term relationship. Rings and marriage certificates don't come into it.

They’re a symbolic anchor for a deeper commitment.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:13 pm

can't remember where it is written in the bible. basically, "She places Her ring upon His finger and they become One Husband/Wife." there isn't a clear distinction between Husband and Wife within Marriage.

the contract is simply evidentiary support in the event Wife and Children need a secure source of income or validation of rights.

the contract caused me the most confusion. I always viewed marriage as the union of two individuals choosing to share their Lives with Each Other. after reading the Karma Sutra, tantra, and a variety of matrimonial preparations throughout various Cultures the more convinced I am of the more subtle yet proudest of relationship ties.
art0hur0moh

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Nivana wrote:I sometimes wonder if people marry because they feel it's expected of them. It's also very much a generational thing. With women having so many opportunities open to them now, many are focusing on their goals and ambitions in life. Having the freedom and flexibility to 'do your own thing' makes life so much easier at times. Many men also see their wife as an extension of their Mum. :laughing: Many of my friends are putting off marriage and families. As I said earlier everyone is different. Getting married isn't the be all or end all of life. Not for me anyway.

I think a lot of people do get married because it’s expected of them or other financial or child rearing reasons. Not many seem to really think about the commitment aspect of it, or the ones that do decide it’s not the right thing for them. If they don’t want the contract then they can’t complain when, you know what.

Hubster and I are very happily married, just because we wanted that extra commitment that neither of us had previously given to any other partners previously. :smilin:

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:32 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:can't remember where it is written in the bible. basically, "She places Her ring upon His finger and they become One Husband/Wife." there isn't a clear distinction between Husband and Wife within Marriage.

the contract is simply evidentiary support in the event Wife and Children need a secure source of income or validation of rights.

the contract caused me the most confusion. I always viewed marriage as the union of two individuals choosing to share their Lives with Each Other. after reading the Karma Sutra, tantra, and a variety of matrimonial preparations throughout various Cultures the more convinced I am of the more subtle yet proudest of relationship ties.

Love isn’t subtle, it’s a sledgehammer! :mrgreen:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:49 pm

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:

Yeah, the lack of opportunity is a woman's best insurance. :gigglesnshit:

:pmsl:
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:can't remember where it is written in the bible. basically, "She places Her ring upon His finger and they become One Husband/Wife." there isn't a clear distinction between Husband and Wife within Marriage.

Love isn’t subtle, it’s a sledgehammer! :mrgreen:

it becomes subtle... at some point? (I think?) still think sledgehammer is a bit short a concise analogy. tsunami seems better suited?
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Hubster and I are very happily married, just because we wanted that extra commitment that neither of us had previously given to any other partners previously. :smilin:

Yeah, it makes it more exclusive. No ifs, no buts. I know people can feel that way without marriage but it does confirm feelings.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms