Me, My Chair, & iPhones

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Random Stuff # 28

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:42 am

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:It's the last line that does it

designed to wind people up, I don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on house furniture, this year so far it's only been a wardrobe for daughter, and a new gas cooker, wardrobe was less than £150 from Ikea and the cooker just less than £500 fitted, just before Christmas was a washer/dryer at maybe £450, I don't think that is ridiculous by any stretch, nor is it a show-off thing - it's just a normal person paying a normal amount for normal household things that need replacing at intervals

but there has to be an implication that if you don't collect stray furniture from the street that you are ridiculous - buy furniture at the bottom price, top price, or take it in off the streets I don't care, but why try to cause a ruck with people who choose differently

Oh never mind. CBA really to debate with you.

If people don't agree with me, who gives a shit. I'm not here to post what people want to hear, just so I can be a brown noser.

you seem a little tense :shake head:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby .SF. » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 am

jra wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Jra no amount of disinfectant or fumigation would entice me to purchase a second hand sofa bed from the streets... but I understand they will find a home.

I didn't buy them for one thing.

It's kind of ironic that people are giving me grief just for snagging a couple of free items of furniture off the streets (virtually brand new) which were literally outside my front door, when all I said essentially was I wouldn't pay ridiculous amounts for furniture.

Just because they were outside your front door doesn't mean you were entitled to take them. They may have been put there awaiting collection or were left unattended for some other reason. There's an offence in law of 'theft by finding' which you may have committed.

"Theft by finding occurs when someone chances upon an object which seems abandoned and takes possession of the object but fails to take steps to establish whether the object is genuinely abandoned and not merely lost or unattended."
.SF.

Postby jra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:36 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:

designed to wind people up, I don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on house furniture, this year so far it's only been a wardrobe for daughter, and a new gas cooker, wardrobe was less than £150 from Ikea and the cooker just less than £500 fitted, just before Christmas was a washer/dryer at maybe £450, I don't think that is ridiculous by any stretch, nor is it a show-off thing - it's just a normal person paying a normal amount for normal household things that need replacing at intervals

but there has to be an implication that if you don't collect stray furniture from the street that you are ridiculous - buy furniture at the bottom price, top price, or take it in off the streets I don't care, but why try to cause a ruck with people who choose differently

If people don't agree with me, who gives a shit. I'm not here to post what people want to hear, just so I can be a brown noser.

Yeah maybe.

I think the twat that came up with the bridge camera shit was the type of person who has bought a £1000 Apple iPhone and is a bit pissed off you can get a decent laptop; bridge/DSLR camera, tablet and smartphone all new/or nearly brand new at worst easily for that price. If people want to be Apple whores that's down to them, but there are far better ways to spend £1000 on gadgets. Apart from anything else, smartphones in general, have screens and keys that are too fucking small. But knock yourself out with what is essentially overpriced branded equipment.

The only thing going for these hugely expensive smartphones is portability. Other than that they are the jack of all trades but master of none.
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:46 am

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:

Yeah maybe.

I think the twat that came up with the bridge camera shit was the type of person who has bought a £1000 Apple iPhone and is a bit pissed off you can get a decent laptop; bridge/DSLR camera, tablet and smartphone all new/or nearly brand new at worst easily for that price. If people want to be Apple whores that's down to them, but there are far better ways to spend £1000 on gadgets. Apart from anything else, smartphones in general, have screens and keys that are too fucking small. But knock yourself out with what is essentially overpriced branded equipment.

The only thing going for these hugely expensive smartphones is portability. Other than that they are the jack of all trades but master of none.

what the actual fuck :yikes:

is this a dig because I bought my daughter an iPhone that cost that much? you were very specific about the price

because she loves it, she also loves her laptop, her iPad, her Qbox, her fitbit, and all the other shit that teenagers want - I'm just happy that I can give her the things that she wants :roll:

now stop baiting you ridiculous little man
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby jra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:55 am

.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Jra no amount of disinfectant or fumigation would entice me to purchase a second hand sofa bed from the streets... but I understand they will find a home.

It's kind of ironic that people are giving me grief just for snagging a couple of free items of furniture off the streets (virtually brand new) which were literally outside my front door, when all I said essentially was I wouldn't pay ridiculous amounts for furniture.

Just because they were outside your front door doesn't mean you were entitled to take them. They may have been put there awaiting collection or were left unattended for some other reason. There's an offence in law of 'theft by finding' which you may have committed.

"Theft by finding occurs when someone chances upon an object which seems abandoned and takes possession of the object but fails to take steps to establish whether the object is genuinely abandoned and not merely lost or unattended."

Well if one wants to go down that route, I can get the people concerned done for fly-tipping. I didn't give whomever it was permission to dump stuff outside my house. And how do you suggest I take steps to establish whether the 'object' is genuinely abandoned? I dunno, knock on all the doors around here and ask?
If these items were awaiting collection, it's most likely by the council, so I'm actually doing the council a favour, since the council doesn't have to spend money disposing of these items.

If they were left unattended for some reason, then it's safe to assume that if they've been there for more than a few hours, it's not the case.

And please tell me how you lose a couple of large items of furniture in the street. We aren't talking about jewellery, watch or a smartphone for example.

Seriously. What planet are you living on?
jra

Postby Abs » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:56 am

Stooo wrote:I got a probe thermometer off of #Amazon and a 10% discount on my next Amazon order :yess:

How is everyone? :smilin:

Hi Stooo, I like Amazon but I think their shipping charges are too high. Um is that a rectal probe? :mrgreen: :gigglesnshit:
Abs

Postby jra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:59 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:

Yeah maybe.

is this a dig because I bought my daughter an iPhone that cost that much? you were very specific about the price

because she loves it, she also loves her laptop, her iPad, her Qbox, her fitbit, and all the other shit that teenagers want - I'm just happy that I can give her the things that she wants :roll:

Baiting. Wtf. Just stop.

It was a general comment, not aimed at anybody in particular, including you. People in general, get it. I had no idea you'd bought your daughter an iPhone.
jra

Postby .SF. » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 am

jra wrote:
.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:

...how do you suggest I take steps to establish whether the 'object' is genuinely abandoned? I dunno, knock on all the doors around here and ask? ...

Yes.

jra wrote:I didn't give whomever it was permission to dump stuff outside my house

If, as you said, it was like new, it might not have been 'dumped'.
Last edited by .SF. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
.SF.

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 am

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:Oh never mind. CBA really to debate with you.

Yeah maybe.

Baiting. Wtf. Just stop.

It was a general comment, not aimed at anybody in particular, including you. People in general, get it. I had no idea you'd bought your daughter an iPhone.

then why quote me?

anyway you've had your quota of attention

fuck off :smilin:

edit - I forgot her Airpods :snooty:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 am

.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:
.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:

...how do you suggest I take steps to establish whether the 'object' is genuinely abandoned? I dunno, knock on all the doors around here and ask? ...

Yes.

jra wrote:I didn't give whomever it was permission to dump stuff outside my house

I'm imagining the new neighbours 3 doors down 'we only went in to get a tape measure'
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby jra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:44 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Yeah maybe.

Baiting. Wtf. Just stop.

then why quote me?

anyway you've had your quota of attention

fuck off :smilin:

edit - I forgot her Airpods :snooty:

I could I suppose have quoted the poster directly, but it was obvious the post was a general comment aimed at people in general and not one specific poster. If I did quote the poster directly, somebody will come along and accuse me of block posting. Now you know why I don't particularly want to discuss things with you as you often misread posts as you did just then. And there's that word attention again. Only applies to me it seems, not all the other attention seekers on here, for example, Dean, McAz and Vam.
jra

Postby jra » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:47 am

.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:
.SF. wrote:
jra wrote:

Yes.

If you say so, but you'd be wrong.

Nobody around here leaves stuff they want in the street unattended for hours.

ETA. As for knocking on all doors. You're talking about dozens of houses here.

Now enough already. These two items were obviously dumped. Stop trying to make me out to be the bad guy and/or criminal here.
jra

Postby McAz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:05 am

jra wrote:...And there's that word attention again. Only applies to me it seems, not all the other attention seekers on here, for example, Dean, McAz and Vam.

First cheap pop of the day or have I missed one?

Okay, charity work time, what attention do you need now? Image
McAz

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:11 am

McHenry wrote:
jra wrote:...And there's that word attention again. Only applies to me it seems, not all the other attention seekers on here, for example, Dean, McAz and Vam.

s'ok I got admonished just for saying that I don't care where other people get their furniture from, it was odd, then I got told that I'm bitter because I buy my daughter the things that make her happy, which was odder
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
McHenry wrote:

s'ok I got admonished just for saying that I don't care where other people get their furniture from, it was odd, then I got told that I'm bitter because I buy my daughter the things that make her happy, which was odder

Sounds like he got out of the wrong side of the bed...

...perhaps one he dragged out of a skip? :dunno:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms