xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I was being amusing on purpose :ooer:

oh you were, i do apologise maybe next time gives us the heads up.. :laughing:
:ooer:

Anyway, I am liking the film --but any sci fi does me :thumbsup:

i am not into sci-fi but thoroughly enjoyed this...

The world needs more sci fi, because it becomes science fact :smilin:

Oh Fuck! Alien and Predator spring to mind. :ooer:
Last edited by LordRaven on Fri May 22, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordRaven

Re: Dogs Arms Covid-19 Thread *Sticky* Part VII

Postby ArchieG » Fri May 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
common sense wrote:Officially, yes, but it's all but over now and people are voting with their feet. All my neighbours have got friends and family over and am sure will do this weekend. People can only take so much.

This is now the danger time as people throw caution to the wind ,

All very quiet and well behaved at my end of the Island. Nobody throwing caution to the wind. People are doing stuff, but being careful. I've launched my boat, and been kayaking too, but all at well over 2 metres from others. A fair bit of very good humoured turn taking.
ArchieG

Postby LordRaven » Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 pm

common sense wrote:So even Cummings broke lock-down rules. Who else?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11689898/ ... rce=pushly

BORIS Johnson’s top aide Dominic Cummings was investigated by cops for breaking the Government’s own lockdown rules.

The PM’s chief-of-staff travelled more than 250 miles from his London home to stay with his parents in Durham.

The revelation is a humiliation for No10, who have spent months telling Brits they must stay at home and not see family to slow the spread of Covid.

Mr Cummings went to Durham with his wife, journalist Mary Wakefield, and young son to self-isolate after getting coronavirus at the end of March.

At the time Downing Street claimed he was holed up in his London home.

But a joint investigation by the Mirror and the Guardian revealed that he had in fact travelled nearly the entire length of England.

The revelation is a humiliation for No10, who have spent months telling Brits they must stay at home and not see family to slow the spread of Covid.

Mr Cummings went to Durham with his wife, journalist Mary Wakefield, and young son to self-isolate after getting coronavirus at the end of March.

But a joint investigation by the Mirror and the Guardian revealed that he had in fact travelled nearly the entire length of England.

The move flouted advice, which became law on March 26, which stated: “You should not be visiting family members who do not live in your home.”

Durham Constabulary confirmed they had visited the home of Mr Cummings’ parents - Robert and Morag - and given the family a ticking off.

A spokesman for the force said: “On Tuesday, March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city.

“Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house.

“In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel”.

Too long, couldn't be arsed reading Chris
LordRaven

Postby common sense » Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Oh well, briefly, Cummings broke lockdown rules too by driving 250 miles to his parents with his wife and son.
common sense

Postby xtras1 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm

LordRaven wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I was being amusing on purpose :ooer:

oh you were, i do apologise maybe next time gives us the heads up.. :laughing:
:ooer:

Anyway, I am liking the film --but any sci fi does me :thumbsup:

i am not into sci-fi but thoroughly enjoyed this...

The world needs more sci fi, because it becomes science fact :smilin:

Oh Fuck! Alien and Predator spring to mind. :ooer:

oh yes!
xtras1

Postby LordRaven » Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 pm

common sense wrote:Oh well, briefly, Cummings broke lockdown rules too by driving 250 miles to his parents with his wife and son.

Did he have enough fuel for a round trip then? Can't have him being battered enroute :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven

Postby Stooo » Fri May 22, 2020 9:49 pm

One rule for you.

Mugs.

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Fri May 22, 2020 9:52 pm

How can a mutated microbe be the fault of any man, they evolve and do what they do for no reason other than to replicate.

I do wish you would all stop blaming people for nature.

Pointing finger is fucking pathetic :bawlin:
LordRaven

Postby Nucks » Fri May 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Stooo wrote:One rule for you.

Mugs.

The footage of him running away from #10. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Text » Fri May 22, 2020 11:03 pm

LordRaven wrote:
common sense wrote:So even Cummings broke lock-down rules. Who else?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11689898/ ... rce=pushly

BORIS Johnson’s top aide Dominic Cummings was investigated by cops for breaking the Government’s own lockdown rules.

The PM’s chief-of-staff travelled more than 250 miles from his London home to stay with his parents in Durham.

The move flouted advice, which became law on March 26, which stated: “You should not be visiting family members who do not live in your home.”

Durham Constabulary confirmed they had visited the home of Mr Cummings’ parents - Robert and Morag - and given the family a ticking off.

A spokesman for the force said: “On Tuesday, March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city.

“Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house.

“In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel”.

Too long, couldn't be arsed reading Chris

You can speed-read it in seconds! Speed reading is a very useful skill if you like browsing sites. Train your mind to home in on the relevant stuff whilst tuning out all the padding & filling.
I've outlined the pertinent bit in red. That's the one bit that jumped out at me loud & clear. What a disgrace!
Text

Postby Text » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Text wrote:Nailed it! :thumbsup:
These posters don't realise how worthless their posts are, due to their heavy bias.

Moreover, the same posters who made a ten course meal out of Corbyn's love life way back in the 70's - and cited it as often as possible, - are the same ones who could not give a toss about Boris prolific bedhopping in more recent years. Imagine the kerfuffle if it had been Corbyn who'd been running around impregnating women left right & centre all his life. If it's teflon man - no problem.
It was announced yesterday that the investigation into the Jennifer Arcuri saga has been dropped cos ''no evidence was found'' - the official completely forgot to mention that this was because most of the evidence -email, texts, phonecalls - had been deleted. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... spartandhp

You can't delete anything in this day and age which is why a few of us use encrypted mail and SMS clients, GCHQ will have a transcript of everything especially when you consider that Johnson is a Russian asset. Perhaps the technology that she was teaching him was to do with that?

Investigators can retrieve deleted stuff from backup servers. This is how a site owner gets their forum back if it crashes.
Even when the deleted material is over-written/replaced by fresh material (as a space saving measure ) it can still be retrieved.

"Public money for Pubic [sic] services" is how this latest unsavoury chapter can be summarised.
Houdini was always destined to get away with this, like he gets away with everything else. :bored:
Text

Postby Stooo » Fri May 22, 2020 11:50 pm

Text wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Text wrote:Nailed it! :thumbsup:
These posters don't realise how worthless their posts are, due to their heavy bias.

Moreover, the same posters who made a ten course meal out of Corbyn's love life way back in the 70's - and cited it as often as possible, - are the same ones who could not give a toss about Boris prolific bedhopping in more recent years. Imagine the kerfuffle if it had been Corbyn who'd been running around impregnating women left right & centre all his life. If it's teflon man - no problem.
It was announced yesterday that the investigation into the Jennifer Arcuri saga has been dropped cos ''no evidence was found'' - the official completely forgot to mention that this was because most of the evidence -email, texts, phonecalls - had been deleted. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... spartandhp

You can't delete anything in this day and age which is why a few of us use encrypted mail and SMS clients, GCHQ will have a transcript of everything especially when you consider that Johnson is a Russian asset. Perhaps the technology that she was teaching him was to do with that?

Investigators can retrieve deleted stuff from backup servers. This is how a site owner gets their forum back if it crashes.
Even when the deleted material is over-written/replaced by fresh material (as a space saving measure ) it can still be retrieved.

"Public money for Pubic [sic] services" is how this latest unsavoury chapter can be summarised.
Houdini was always destined to get away with this, like he gets away with everything else. :bored:

Man of the people, one of us...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 am

drum wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Corona virus: At least two NHS hospitals trialling anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine hailed by Trump

Corona virus patients in at least two NHS hospitals are being treated with an anti-malaria drug controversially touted by Donald Trump, in what is the fastest growing trial in UK medical history.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 61671.html

:yikes:

i am gobsmacked.

Whether it works or not the facts that UK has bought up every spare pill it can... this just puts money into Trumps pocket. I hope it works, otherwise it could cause so much more deaths or very sick people. money money money.

if you put your brain in a cat the cat would go crazy. you think trump does this for money?? sicko.
calitom

Postby drum » Sat May 23, 2020 3:15 am

Mugs.

Did he have symptoms ? he'd get a test. He sees his parents halfway across the country but other parents cant see there families ? :dunno:
Should be a resignation, others had to.
drum

Postby .SF. » Sat May 23, 2020 8:32 am

drum wrote:

Mugs.

Did he have symptoms ? he'd get a test. He sees his parents halfway across the country but other parents cant see there families ? :dunno:
Should be a resignation, others had to.

An incident like this is relatively trivial but as with any prominent figure gets blown out of proportion. Other senior figures have recently resigned over similar actions, obviously an embarrassment to the Govt but what does resignation achieve other than face-saving - it's a waste of what is presumably valuable talent. Okay - slap them with a fine, but sacking or having to resign is pushing things too far. Yes, it raises the complaint 'one rule for them, another rule for us' but so what? In fact if anything the rule seems to be if the public break the rules they're fined, if a senior politician breaks the rules they lose their job. By the way I'm no fan of Cummings, Boris or the Tories, I'm not coming at it from a political angle.
.SF.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms