Coronavirus how it has affected people

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Coronavirus how it has affected people

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Only going on my thoughts that used to have up and downs with mental illnesses few years back , with some people that does suffer from mental illness, if they are working from home and with restrictions , when they have to go back to their workplace, it’s going to be very differcult for many ,especially people that suffer from Agoraphobia to leave their safety at home ,

and even if before this lockdown people had no issues, i am sure they will have some now.... i for one hate staying indoors, now i hate going out. only go out on the slots that i find safe for me :yikes:

dreading going back to work.... :bawlin:

I'm back at work soon, although I don't really see what's changed. I'll do the distancing and follow rules but I can't be thinking about this wretched virus all the time - I'm sick of it.

Screens everywhere :mrgreen:

What PPE will you get?

No idea. I'll found out I suppose. I don't think that gloves help at all though, so I doubt we'll use those.

The infection rate is much higher than when we closed, so I don't really understand it.

Tbh, I'm really not feeling well lately (not Covid), so now I'm worrying about that.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Sat May 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
No idea. I'll found out I suppose. I don't think that gloves help at all though, so I doubt we'll use those.

The infection rate is much higher than when we closed, so I don't really understand it.

Tbh, I'm really not feeling well lately (not Covid), so now I'm worrying about that.

Nothing nasty I hope.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat May 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing nasty I hope.

Ongoing thing with joints. The thought of trying to see a doctor though - eeeeeek!
Raggamuffin

Postby Markey mark » Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Only going on my thoughts that used to have up and downs with mental illnesses few years back , with some people that does suffer from mental illness, if they are working from home and with restrictions , when they have to go back to their workplace, it’s going to be very differcult for many ,especially people that suffer from Agoraphobia to leave their safety at home ,

and even if before this lockdown people had no issues, i am sure they will have some now.... i for one hate staying indoors, now i hate going out. only go out on the slots that i find safe for me :yikes:

dreading going back to work.... :bawlin:

Many years ago the lockdown would Of suited me any excuse to be indoors. just after Xmas I broke my leg and hip in a motor bike crash , I’m on crutches and love getting out , normally go to turfnil Park sit on a bench for few hours just watching everybody and everything ,
Markey mark

Postby Text » Sat May 23, 2020 10:53 pm

OP, another big change that people should prepare for: an almost certain collapse in the housing market. Heaven knows what the ripple effects of that would be. :wurms: maybe a qualified economist could explain....
Text

Postby drum » Sun May 24, 2020 6:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing nasty I hope.

Ongoing thing with joints. The thought of trying to see a doctor though - eeeeeek!

Call them on Monday morning and see how you get on, you might get in for an early appointment.
In saying that I haven't been able to see my doctor since the lockdown
We are told now to contact doctors with our health issues, they're not just dealing with covid now.
I hope you get something sorted, joint pain is horrendous
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 24, 2020 7:44 am

drum wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing nasty I hope.

Call them on Monday morning and see how you get on, you might get in for an early appointment.
We are told now to contact doctors with our health issues, they're not just dealing with covid now.

I have been to the docs during lockdown and it was really weird. You do feel like you're bothering them.

I do take medication, but it might be time to change it. I'll see how it goes in the next week.
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Sun May 24, 2020 10:21 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
drum wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nothing nasty I hope.

I have been to the docs during lockdown and it was really weird. You do feel like you're bothering them.

I do take medication, but it might be time to change it. I'll see how it goes in the next week.

It is weird, I had no wish to attend Doctor's surgery so I called my pharmacist, a nice old Indian boy who was very helpful and said he'd reorder my 3 monthly supply of diabetes medication and I could pick it up end of week.
Finished work yesterday and walked down and it was there waiting for me.
Wonderful service.
LordRaven

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 24, 2020 10:25 am

LordRaven wrote:It is weird, I had no wish to attend Doctor's surgery so I called my pharmacist, a nice old Indian boy who was very helpful and said he'd reorder my 3 monthly supply of diabetes medication and I could pick it up end of week.
Wonderful service.

I went to the docs because they told me I must. I still felt I was bothering them though.

I still have to drop off my repeat prescriptions and then collect them myself - which means queuing. Sounds like you have a good pharmacist.
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Sun May 24, 2020 10:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:It is weird, I had no wish to attend Doctor's surgery so I called my pharmacist, a nice old Indian boy who was very helpful and said he'd reorder my 3 monthly supply of diabetes medication and I could pick it up end of week.
Wonderful service.

I went to the docs because they told me I must. I still felt I was bothering them though.

I still have to drop off my prescriptions and then collect them myself - which means queuing. Sounds like you have a good pharmacist.

It was something I recall both my GP and pharmacist mentioning before, and that was to reorder through the pharmacist.
Which was great because I'd received a text from my surgery asking me to attend GP, which I assumed was for a reorder and hence I took the actions I did.
Like you I felt guilty about wasting the GP's time.
LordRaven

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 24, 2020 10:32 am

LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Wonderful service.

I still have to drop off my prescriptions and then collect them myself - which means queuing. Sounds like you have a good pharmacist.

It was something I recall both my GP and pharmacist mentioning before, and that was to reorder through the pharmacist.
Which was great because I'd received a text from my surgery asking me to attend GP, which I assumed was for a reorder and hence I took the actions I did.

I'm not allowed to reorder through the pharmacist any more - the rules changed a while back.
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Sun May 24, 2020 10:47 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Wonderful service.

I'm not allowed to reorder through the pharmacist any more - the rules changed a while back.

Strangely this is the first time I have ordered through my pharmacist.
Normally, as I like going to see my GP anyway to discuss my arthritis derived from doing mental things when younger, I always book an appointment at the surgery and reorder through GP.
However this crisis has undoubtedly changed matters for me.
I have been doing 10,000 steps a day since it started and I even managed 14,000 yesterday because my GP told me that there is a trade off between arthritic pain and building muscle around affected joints, because more muscle will ease the pain a lot.
Today and tomorrow I must get put and go for a trek so as not to relent on this because such exercise is also good for diabetes.
LordRaven

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun May 24, 2020 10:50 am

LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Wonderful service.

Normally, as I like going to see my GP anyway to discuss my arthritis derived from doing mental things when younger, I always book an appointment at the surgery and reorder through GP.
I have been doing 10,000 steps a day since it started and I even managed 14,000 yesterday because my GP told me that there is a trade off between arthritic pain and building muscle around affected joints, because more muscle will ease the pain a lot.
Today and tomorrow I must get put and go for a trek so as not to relent on this because such exercise is also good for diabetes.

Hmmm, I'm really not sure about this advice to exercise if you have arthritis. If someone has osteoarthritis, it's the wear and tear of exercising which started it in the first place. If someone has inflammatory arthritis, exercising can make it worse. I also decided to walk a lot more and do some exercises, and then I had a massive attack of arthritis, so stuff that.
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Sun May 24, 2020 11:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Hmmm, I'm really not sure about this advice to exercise if you have arthritis. If someone has osteoarthritis, it's the wear and tear of exercising which started it in the first place. If someone has inflammatory arthritis, exercising can make it worse. I also decided to walk a lot more and do some exercises, and then I had a massive attack of arthritis, so stuff that.

I was sceptical but its working a treat with my ostearthritis
LordRaven

Postby drum » Sun May 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Wonderful service.

I still have to drop off my repeat prescriptions and then collect them myself - which means queuing. Sounds like you have a good pharmacist.

Can't your order online? I re-order mine that way and the prescription sent to chemist so I don't have to go to place to place, just collect at chemist.

I cant fault my local pharmacy they've been amazing. The only thing that annoyed me was, I have 2 items on weekly collect and they wouldn't remove that so still have to go weekly for them but they see me coming and it's thrown at me as I walk in so i'm not hanging about. :thumbsup:

We're all falling apart :laughing:
drum

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms