Covid vaccine...

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Covid vaccine...

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:26 pm

A possible alternative to a vaccine, for people without functioning immune systems, is entering its final stage of trials.

The injection was developed using antibodies - made by the immune system to fight infection - produced by a single Covid patient in the US.

It is hoped it could provide at least six months' protection for patients who cannot receive vaccines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-55022288
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:48 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
A possible alternative to a vaccine, for people without functioning immune systems, is entering its final stage of trials.

The injection was developed using antibodies - made by the immune system to fight infection - produced by a single Covid patient in the US.

It is hoped it could provide at least six months' protection for patients who cannot receive vaccines.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-55022288

Thanks, that is interesting as it will be very good for those treating cancer, HIV positive people, and anyone with a depleted immune system.

We do have some rather clever human beings on the planet, and with necessity being the mother of invention they are responding rather well in this war against the bastard bug.

Those in denial and the anti-vax brigade baffle me, this virus is a real bastard and it needs combating as soon as possible so that we can all get back to some semblance of normality.
LordRaven

Postby ArchieG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:11 pm

dog wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
dog wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
ArchieG wrote:It doesnt change the fact that you’re spewing anti vax propaganda. :hand:

Well considering she's said, on more than one occasion, that she'll have it but just doesn't want to be first in line, how is she "spewing anti vax propaganda"?

Thank you.
I'm not but ArchieG has become so hysterical about my posts he can't seem to understand them properly.

I don't know why he keeps on about it. As far as i've seen, you've continually said you'll be having it at some point, so there's nothing to misunderstand whatsoever.

I'm beginning to think he just wants to argue with me for the sake of it.
Weird.

That's not it, really. I'm maybe as sick of it as you are, but to me, your position is foolish, illogical and hypocritical. You'll wait.... this would be fair enough if there was a short timescale on it. You don't want to be first in the line, sure, I get that. But long term side effects that you say you are wary of, well, they're long term, right? So, nobody will know about them for a long time. Like asbestos, say. People handled asbestos, then it was realised that people were dying. That took about 40 years. Now I'm sure you don't mean you'll wait 40 years, making an assumption you're not putting out supposedly subtle messages about the hazards of vaccines, which I believe you are. But how long? In the life of this pandemic, waiting 6 months is a bloody lifetime, for 70 000 people and counting.You should know that better than any of us here, you've seen it up close. But no long term side effects will be known in the first 6 months. Long term medical side effects, the most recent terrible example I can think of is Thalidomide. Still in use, just not for pregnant women. It took 5 years to make the association. If you're going to wait 5 years, it'll be way too late. you might as well not bother at all. Chances are you'll catch covid a few times during that 5 years. This is why I think you're on this mission, to tell us all that vaccines are dangerous. Flu vaccine is mentioned, the first thing you post is about vaccine side effects, and once again, you're most insistent, with multiple posts seemingly designed to discourage people from having it. Saying your colleagues aren't having vaccines, arguing your points, totally without merit or evidence of any kind. There have been no actual examples of vaccines causing long term harm. None. Zip. The odd allergic reaction is about it. And that's not to the active ingredients, but to the carriers.

I could write another tedious paragraph on why all NHS workers have a duty to have the vaccine, but I'll not bother. It's been explained to you time and again, and all you do is repeat the mantra. Long term side effects, and you'll have it when you're ready. Sorry, Dog, it's bollocks. The only logical explanation of your posts is that you're an anti vaxxer, and that, in fact, you plan never to have the vaccine, or any other, and you're determined to put as many other people off as you can, but don't like to come right out there and say it because then, a whole lot of us will rip you a new virtual arsehole.
ArchieG

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:54 pm

British regulators are about to start their formal appraisal of the jabs by US giant Pfizer and German firm BioNTech.

Government sources said that in “a best case scenario” a decision could be made in less than a week, with the NHS told to prepare to be ready to start administering jabs by December 1.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pfizer-covid- ... 21198.html
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby dog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:59 am

ArchieG.... You are a weirdo who simply feels entitled to spout bullshit about anyone who does not think as you do or does as you do.
Well tough tits, that is life mate and you seriously need to get a grip and calm yourself down.

Again an anti vaxxer is against vaccines full stop which I'm not so give it up.

As for the bit in bold, haven't you figured it out yet that I say how I feel, what I will do and don't follow the ''in crowd''?
As for ripping me a new one? :pmsl: You are a keyboard warrior dear so I'm not sure why you think I would be scared :pmsl:

So funny :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
dog

Postby ArchieG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:13 am

If you're not an anti vaxxer, why the constant carping about vaccine safety. Its a non issue, it was never an issue til the arch prince of anti vaxxers, Wakefield, started it off. There are no long term effects, flu vaccines dont make you ill. I'll shut up when you do.
ArchieG

Postby dog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 am

ArchieG wrote:If you're not an anti vaxxer, why the constant carping about vaccine safety. Its a non issue, it was never an issue til the arch prince of anti vaxxers, Wakefield, started it off. There are no long term effects, flu vaccines dont make you ill. I'll shut up when you do.

YAWN
dog

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 am

dog wrote:
ArchieG wrote:If you're not an anti vaxxer, why the constant carping about vaccine safety. Its a non issue, it was never an issue til the arch prince of anti vaxxers, Wakefield, started it off. There are no long term effects, flu vaccines dont make you ill. I'll shut up when you do.

YAWN

We are all entitled to an opinion on this Dog and Archie, I have friends who say they won’t have it for a variety of reasons but I certainly will.
I’m not going to launch into a row with them over it, we are all adults and can make choices.
It’s one of those things where you either believe or you don’t.

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:45 am

It looks like the schedule for vaccinations will be quite tight - over a few months. I don't think that will happen tbh, but if it does, there's not much time to think about it and see how it goes for others. I will say that it's not a good thing for anyone to say that NHS frontline workers are wary of getting the vaccine - that could cause others to lose confidence in the vaccine.
Raggamuffin

Postby dog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 am

Guest wrote:
dog wrote:

YAWN

We are all entitled to an opinion on this Dog and Archie, I have friends who say they won’t have it for a variety of reasons but I certainly will.
I’m not going to launch into a row with them over it, we are all adults and can make choices.
It’s one of those things where you either believe or you don’t.

Sensible words, I agree.
dog

Postby dog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It looks like the schedule for vaccinations will be quite tight - over a few months. I don't think that will happen tbh, but if it does, there's not much time to think about it and see how it goes for others. I will say that it's not a good thing for anyone to say that NHS frontline workers are wary of getting the vaccine - that could cause others to lose confidence in the vaccine.

It is not a good thing to think NHS workers don't have a voice simply because they are NHS workers.
Since when has it become acceptable to dictate who can and can't express an opinion based on what organisation they work for?

NHS workers are human and have as much right to make up their minds about when to the have the vaccine as anyone else.
dog

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:00 am

dog wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It looks like the schedule for vaccinations will be quite tight - over a few months. I don't think that will happen tbh, but if it does, there's not much time to think about it and see how it goes for others. I will say that it's not a good thing for anyone to say that NHS frontline workers are wary of getting the vaccine - that could cause others to lose confidence in the vaccine.

It is not a good thing to think NHS workers don't have a voice simply because they are NHS workers.
Since when has it become acceptable to dictate who can and can't express an opinion based on what organisation they work for?

NHS workers are human and have as much right to make up their minds about when to the have the vaccine as anyone else.

It's just you saying that some frontline workers are cautious though - let them speak for themselves.
Raggamuffin

Postby .SF. » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:00 am

Fear and uncertainty can spread as fast as a virus. People can be quite vocal about their concerns with unfortunate consequences, planting doubt in the minds of those around them. I agree with your last point, someone working for the NHS who goes round saying that doctors and nurses think the covid vaccination is unsafe is acting highly irresponsibly at a time when positive action is necessary.
.SF.

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:02 am

.SF. wrote:

Fear and uncertainty can spread as fast as a virus. People can be quite vocal about their concerns with unfortunate consequences, planting doubt in the minds of those around them. I agree with your last point, someone working for the NHS who goes round saying that doctors and nurses think the covid vaccination is unsafe is acting highly irresponsibly at a time when positive action is necessary.

Exactly. If doctors and nurses really think that, they should speak for themselves and address their concerns to the right people.
Raggamuffin

Postby dog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:30 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
dog wrote:

It's just you saying that some frontline workers are cautious though - let them speak for themselves.

I didn't just randomly say it, it was part of a discussion on a public forum.
There will be loads of NHS workers ready to take the vaccine and there will be many who are not ready.
I don't think telling me which parts can be discussed or can't be discussed is the right way to go to be honest as then it is just dictating that you only want to hear one side.
dog

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms