What's on the menu tonight? Course 11

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 11

Postby common sense » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
common sense wrote:Fresh mackerel and baby potatoes.

oh I love fresh mackerel

reminds me of holidays when I was a child and we used to get fresh mackerel straight off the boat and have it for breakfast

so nostalgic

Mackerel is the scavenger of the seas, bit like catfish, eats from the sediment and some won't eat it for that reason but is lovely and rich tasting and packed with omega 3. Went mackerel fishing with my uncle in Ireland in the 70's and back home and mackerel for tea.
common sense

Postby common sense » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:24 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Brought soup with crusty rolls to work for lunch :drool: salad for tea - obvs :roll:

What flavour soup? I only ever eat tomato now and NOT HEINZ. Too dear and overrated. Tesco is fine.
common sense

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 pm

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Brought soup with crusty rolls to work for lunch :drool: salad for tea - obvs :roll:

What flavour soup? I only ever eat tomato now and NOT HEINZ. Too dear and overrated. Tesco is fine.

Heinz beef and vegetable big soup today. And you're right, Tesco's tomato soup is nice, but add basil to it and it's even better.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Gabby » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
common sense wrote:

Heinz beef and vegetable big soup today. And you're right, Tesco's tomato soup is nice, but add basil to it and it's even better.

Make some soups :thumbsup: …. just chuck all veg of choice, stock cubes, herbs, lentils etc in SC….far nicer than your tinned stuff!

My favourite in SC is leek and potato! :razz:…. add sliced onions, veg stock cubes and herbs of choice to it also…. I roughly blend it as I prefer some texture as opposed to smooth :thumbsup:

Just bung in any veggies with stock cubes… or tomatoes, onions, herbs and lentils is another one! :canny: … so simple, the list is endless! :thumbsup:…. give it a go! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:08 am

Gabby wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
common sense wrote:

Make some soups :thumbsup: …. just chuck all veg of choice, stock cubes, herbs, lentils etc in SC….far nicer than your tinned stuff!

My favourite in SC is leek and potato! :razz:…. add sliced onions, veg stock cubes and herbs of choice to it also…. I roughly blend it as I prefer some texture as opposed to smooth :thumbsup:

Just bung in any veggies with stock cubes… or tomatoes, onions, herbs and lentils is another one! :canny: … so simple, the list is endless! :thumbsup:…. give it a go! :mrgreen:

I only have to open a tin though, opposed to all that ^ work :gigglesnshit:

I might give it a go one day - well when i say 'i might', what i really mean is i'll pass on your recipe suggestions to the chef of the house :mrgreen:

Thanks Gabs :thumbsup:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
common sense wrote:

I only have to open a tin though, opposed to all that ^ work :gigglesnshit:

I might give it a go one day - well when i say 'i might', what i really mean is i'll pass on your recipe suggestions to the chef of the house :mrgreen:

Thanks Gabs :thumbsup:

Handy hint - you might find it useful to learn to cook for yourself; one day you might have to.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 am

Guest wrote:Handy hint - you might find it useful to learn to cook for yourself; one day you might have to.

I can, and do cook, often. Thanks for your concern though.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Stooo » Wed May 01, 2024 8:18 pm

Chicken pasta thing :thumbsup: Too much salt though, should have left it to the lardons rather than adding more :roll:

What do you do with your unintentional spillover food after knocking out something nice? :dunno:

I put mine in sealed plastic pots and leave them in the fridge for a couple of weeks before I throw them out because I don't want to eat them and can't bear to instantly waste them. :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Wed May 01, 2024 8:30 pm

Stooo wrote:Chicken pasta thing :thumbsup: Too much salt though, should have left it to the lardons rather than adding more :roll:

What do you do with your unintentional spillover food after knocking out something nice? :dunno:

I put mine in sealed plastic pots and leave them in the fridge for a couple of weeks before I throw them out because I don't want to eat them and can't bear to instantly waste them. :ooer:

Freezer if it hasn't already been frozen before, always handy for a quick lunch at a later date. :thumbsup:
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Stooo wrote:Chicken pasta thing :thumbsup: Too much salt though, should have left it to the lardons rather than adding more :roll:

Freezer if it hasn't already been frozen before, always handy for a quick lunch at a later date. :thumbsup:

I tried that too, still ended up binning 18 month old freezer burnt stuff that I kept just in case... :gigglesnshit:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon May 06, 2024 10:49 am

Salad :woteva:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Stooo » Mon May 06, 2024 2:28 pm

I'm going to try to cook some belly pork slices alongside roasties in the AF, I'm going to coat them in honey, herbs, and pepper and put them in an old takeaway foil tray that I've re-shaped to fit half the basket :thumbsup: :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms