Call Centres

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Call Centres

Postby tropfatigue » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 pm

BUDGIE wrote:
tropfatigue wrote:What do you actually do, Budgie?

Software developer (Microsoft technologies specifically) - design, develop, implement & sometimes support software..

I would have thought you would already known........

What do you do, Trop? :smilin:

Do you enjoy it?

I dabble in finance.
tropfatigue

Postby BUDGIE » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah, it's a varied job. I work for an energy solutions provider but we do all kinds of jobs for all sorts of people. I'm never bored, and always studying new stuff, so it's good.

I'm actually a bit higher than a developer in what I do but I can't say my exact title for obv reasons. But I get to attend meetings with clients, design the software, pick the dev tools (e.g. SQL server or MySQL) and write code as well. It's quite varied.

With large solutions it takes ages to "build" them so I spend a lot of my time twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to finish, or reading books. Hence a lot of spare time to do stuff like post here. Of course, I will be called a liar but what do guests know about C++ or C# for that matter??

PS: I have a relative who works in a call centre. I just say these things to upset idiots who question what I do. As you can see, it works.

I am open to questions if anyone wants to ask.......
BUDGIE
What the fuck?

Postby tropfatigue » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:39 pm

BUDGIE wrote:Yeah, it's a varied job. I work for an energy solutions provider but we do all kinds of jobs for all sorts of people. I'm never bored, and always studying new stuff, so it's good.

I'm actually a bit higher than a developer in what I do but I can't say my exact title for obv reasons. But I get to attend meetings with clients, design the software, pick the dev tools (e.g. SQL server or MySQL) and write code as well. It's quite varied.

With large solutions it takes ages to "build" them so I spend a lot of my time twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to finish, or reading books. Hence a lot of spare time to do stuff like post here. Of course, I will be called a liar but what do guests know about C++ or C# for that matter??

PS: I have a relative who works in a call centre. I just say these things to upset idiots who question what I do. As you can see, it works.

Ya, we're the same, periods of enforced idleness then frightfully busy etc.
tropfatigue

Postby LordRaven » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 pm

tropfatigue wrote:
BUDGIE wrote:Yeah, it's a varied job. I work for an energy solutions provider but we do all kinds of jobs for all sorts of people. I'm never bored, and always studying new stuff, so it's good.

Ditto! :gigglesnshit: Paydays are quite sporadic but nice. I need to fill in all the spare time so i am embarking on a new idea soon :whistle:

Ya, we're the same, periods of enforced idleness then frightfully busy etc.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby tropfatigue » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 pm

LordRaven wrote:Ditto! :gigglesnshit: Paydays are quite sporadic but nice. I need to fill in all the spare time so i am embarking on a new idea soon :whistle:

What will you do?
tropfatigue

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

tropfatigue wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Ditto! :gigglesnshit: Paydays are quite sporadic but nice. I need to fill in all the spare time so i am embarking on a new idea soon :whistle:

What will you do?

Spread his arse cheeks for the CO of his local Territorials branch. :gigglesnshit:

Postby curious » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm

call centres? Don't you need to live in India to work at one? Just askign :dunno:
curious

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms