Guest posters VS Anony usernames?

A right load of bollocks...

Guest posters VS Anony usernames?

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Is there any real difference?

Discuss...

Re: Guest posters VS Anony usernames?

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Only in terms of what they have the freedom to write, otherwise no.

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Forum members leave a trail of evidence like email address,IP etc. Guest posters are allowed the use of proxies from the very start :dunno:

Postby Snuffleupagus » Sun May 06, 2012 3:41 pm

....and off we go. :wurms: :mrgreen:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Well that was a short lived discussion wasn't it. :pmsl:

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Guest wrote:Only in terms of what they have the freedom to write, otherwise no.

But members don't necessarily get away with posting whatever they want, as the Mods can delete anything they deem inappropriate.

They and Admin have the final say.

Postby Best of the guests » Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Snuffleupagus wrote:....and off we go. :wurms: :mrgreen:

Where? :dunno:
Best of the guests

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Guest wrote:

But members don't necessarily get away with posting whatever they want, as the Mods can delete anything they deem inappropriate.

They do, but mods don't necessarily see and read every single post made by a member as they do with a guest post.

If they personally don't like what a guest has written it won't even see the light of day, irrespective of what it contains. No one will read it, whereas there is a good chance many people will see something written by a member long before it gets deleted, if it gets deleted.

Postby Snuffleupagus » Sun May 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Guest wrote:Well that was a short lived discussion wasn't it. :pmsl:

:pmsl: :pmsl:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Guest wrote:Forum members leave a trail of evidence like email address,IP etc. Guest posters are allowed the use of proxies from the very start :dunno:

email addys mean nowt TBH...WHO in their right minds registers on funtime forums using personal email accounts?.
not me!!..thats 4 certain :trollface:

ive got 100s of hotmail a/c tho woop woop..........make of that wot u will :trollface:

Postby Stooo » Sun May 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They do, but mods don't necessarily see and read every single post made by a member as they do with a guest post.

If they personally don't like what a guest has written it won't even see the light of day, irrespective of what it contains. No one will read it, whereas there is a good chance many people will see something written by a member long before it gets deleted, if it gets deleted.

True, that said if there's a wealth of guest posts waiting for approval then I will sometimes approve the lot without reading them if I'm on my tablet.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good point.

But i've seen some 'guest' posts get through, then deleted or edited after a while.

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Guest posting is a godsend to those of us who enjoy a bit of trolling and when someone needs a few home truths told to them but without running the risk of starting yet another in-forum fist-fight.

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

True, that said if there's a wealth of guest posts waiting for approval then I will sometimes approve the lot without reading them if I'm on my tablet.

Good to hear that you are taking your tablets seriously. :thumbsup:

Postby charlie » Sun May 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good point.

But i've seen some 'guest' posts get through, then deleted or edited after a while.

Depends who authorises them and whether admin likes it or not I guess
charlie

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms