Postby Gigolo » Thu May 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Of course they inspired me.
Gigolo

Re: Gigolo's Keyboard Konundrum

Postby Gigolo » Thu May 17, 2012 9:47 pm

curious wrote:
Gigolo wrote:
curious wrote:So gigolo
I looked over your album...12 tracks some as short as 30 seconds! Can such short tracks really be considered a song? And the title Northern Star? I wasn't aware you were into star gazing, do you use a telescope or simply a pair of glasses?
Its a mini album.

Ah, mini album, :thumbsup: But tell me all those references to Northern Star, Catdancer, etc., were you a big fan of posters on the old SOL? Did you draw your inspiration from them ....sort of a muse thing? Just curious thats all

I think Sandra L Smith is somewhere on the album. I've edited the page so it now says 'mini album'.
Gigolo

Postby Gigolo » Fri May 18, 2012 10:40 am

Sandra is track 9.

Apparently to allow free downloads I need to buy credit. However, its quite cheap. In the meantime I'm going to set it to $5 on the basis that if you allow free, people get a good perception, wheras if you cannot set it to free its best not to set it too low as people will think its too cheap.
Gigolo

Postby curious » Fri May 18, 2012 4:10 pm

So, Gigolo, given that NS and others were inspired you to write and record your mini album, why didn't you post all of this over on Fresh Horizon where NS is a mod and gosh well cat dancer might actually visit :gigglesnshit:
I am curious as to why you didn't or don't mention it to NS who posts regularly over on FRESH HORIZON.....Its not like you have a stay away order is it?
curious

Postby Gigolo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Other than Sandra L Smith, I think I am correct to say they have heard their tracks.

Actually, I think Catdancer only heard a part.
Gigolo

Postby Gigolo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:34 pm

I meant to say you can now download the album for free. Aware some people have strange things in their heads (that originated where?), I clicked to allow free download without giving an email (that - terrifyingly - would have been available to me).

http://orphadeus.bandcamp.com/
Gigolo

Postby Gigolo » Sat May 19, 2012 11:17 am

Another conundrum was the track Caught contained a BBC broadcast. I've solved the conundrum by putting it as a bonus track. Its a bit paranormal that track. The track was already called Caught and Jesus told me to record the radio, what would happen, and around when. With regard to the radio, its a live recording. I did not record the radio and then put it on the track.

Jesus v BBC? I think putting it as a bonus track should avoid any problem.
Gigolo

Postby Gigolo » Sat May 19, 2012 4:27 pm

curious wrote:So, Gigolo, given that NS and others were inspired you to write and record your mini album, why didn't you post all of this over on Fresh Horizon where NS is a mod and gosh well cat dancer might actually visit :gigglesnshit:
I am curious as to why you didn't or don't mention it to NS who posts regularly over on FRESH HORIZON.....Its not like you have a stay away order is it?
I tried to PM Catdancer but theres no person of that name.
Gigolo

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms