Why are the English so jealous of the Scots?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Why are the English so jealous of the Scots?

Postby Text » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 pm

We're jealous cos of all that north sea oil you's had once.
We will never get over it.
We did fritter most of it away, but we are still jealous. :dafinger:
Text

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Hey where did vicky disappear to ?

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Guest wrote:Hey where did vicky disappear to ?

She ran off with an Englishman. :mrgreen:

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 pm

she has had a few englishmen and none satisfied her :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Guest wrote:she has had a few englishmen and none satisfied her :gigglesnshit:

That's why she had three, although it's not yet clear whether it was all at once. :ooer:

Postby Guest » Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 am

Guest wrote:she has had a few englishmen and none satisfied her :gigglesnshit:

That doesn't say much for Scottish blokes... :gigglesnshit:

Postby manicbred » Fri May 25, 2012 5:29 pm

more jocks live in england than skintland FACT :Lucia:

repatriate the lot of them :Lucia:
manicbred

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2012 4:26 am

Well it certainly isn't because of this:

Norway 0 v England 1

USA 5 v Scotland 1 (USA own goal) :gigglesnshit:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby buspass » Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 pm

manicbred wrote:more jocks live in england than skintland FACT :Lucia:

repatriate the lot of them :Lucia:

and!! England will have an influx of their own returning to their place of Birth if Scotland get enough votes for Independence.
In 2010 alone, 47,000 people came to Scotland from the rest of the UK; in total{ 8.1% of the population of Scotland in the 2001 census were born in England.} :ooer: These are not people accustomed to being viewed as ‘immigrants’ or ‘white settlers’ as they are sometimes referred to. They may be in for a shock, one that they would be well advised to avoid by looking for answers from the silvery tongued politicians – before deciding how to vote.

They are, of course, provisionally entitled to vote in the forthcoming referendum. That is based on residency. They live in Scotland, and the question of independence is largely one of ‘self determination’ and ‘pride’ in their adopted country.

However, and it is a big ‘however’, they will have paid into the giant Ponzi scheme known officially as the British Age Pension for many years. Now I am assuming that part of the independence calculations will be taking over a chunk of the Age Pension ‘Fund’ as it is laughably called, though it is, in truth, no Fund. Let us accept that Scotland will be handed a sum of money to cover those pensions liable to be paid out to persons who have been paying into the ‘British Age Pension’.

Will Scotland grant citizenship to everybody living in that country on the date of independence? Unlikely. Will they grant citizenship to everybody entitled to vote in the referendum? Equally unlikely.

Far more likely is that those not blessed with the words ‘Scotland’ on their birth certificate will be in the same position as those British Citizens who chose to live in Spain or Australia, Canada or France. They will remain British citizens, with British, not Scottish passports, who happen to be resident in another country.

They will have become part of that unloved army of expatriates, Britons who have ‘forsaken’ their Mother country…actually, they are not that unloved at all by the British Government. They save her a small fortune. She pays a nominal sum each year to the ‘foreign government’ in whose borders they reside – no matter how expensive their medical needs become, and depending on which country they are living in, HM saves another small fortune in pension increases.

Should Scotland not be accepted as a member of the European Community – then all those ‘British pensions’ paid directly to ‘British Pensioners’ as opposed to Scottish citizens, will be frozen at the date of independence. No more pension increases. Ever. Do you imagine that the Scottish Government is going to pay out to increase the pension of ‘foreign nationals’ just because they happen to be living in Scotland? Think on.

Even if Scotland is accepted as an independent nation within the European Community – then HM government has a few nasty shocks up her sleeve to penalise those Britons who now ‘live overseas’. Forced to pay out minimum pension increases by European Union coordinating Regulations, which are in place to protect a citizen’s right of free movement within the EU, now enshrined in Article 21 of the consolidated Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union does not mean that they have to include things like the Winter Fuel Payment (WFP).

Those shivering in the frozen waste north of Aberdeen may be dismayed to discover that if they didn’t claim the WFP whilst living within the British Isles – either because they relocated long before such a payment became applicable, or because they have only reached the required age since independence – that the British government fondly imagines ‘overseas’ or even ‘over Hadrian’s Wall’ to be synonymous with the Malaga Golf club, and that therefore they have no need of additional heating in the winter since they are ‘living in sunnier climes’.

No good appealing to the Scottish government – you’re an ‘immigrant’, a foreign national, the responsibility of your own government.

No good appealing to the British government – you’re an ‘emigrant’, a deserter of the Albion shores, you are your own responsibility.
----------------------------------
Independence for Scotland will open a tin of worms, that will put the fear into all English, who decided to move to Scotland, because property was so cheap,compared to England, and for that reason only.
:ohshi: it will be a different world or place to live in, and they will probably have to hot foot it back to England, and the 5 bed detached they bought in Scotland. It is a fact, that many English moved to Scotland for cheaper proprty, how shallow. :snooty: (not for the love of the people or the place) but if Independence takes place, they will now only buy them a one bed flat in London, and their Government Pension will take on a different scenario.
buspass

Postby curious » Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Scots look better in a Kilt?
Scots have better looking legs?
Scots pack more underneath the Kilt?
Any of those working ?
curious

Postby Claire » Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Where's Vicky... I miss her :bawlin:
Claire

Postby curious » Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Claire wrote:Where's Vicky... I miss her :bawlin:

I'd be lying if I said I did. :whistle:
curious

Postby Guest » Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 pm

she is posting on burbles and so is holly. must have had a falling out

Postby Guest » Wed May 30, 2012 6:45 pm

embroiled in a menage a trois with some english blokes

by all accounts

nasty business :smilin:

Postby Claire » Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

curious wrote:

I'd be lying if I said I did. :whistle:

What is it with you two :yikes:
Claire

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms