How can we silence diamonds?

A right load of bollocks...

How can we silence diamonds?

Postby Wellung » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Assuming she cant talk with her mouth full,perhaps she needs something large in her mouth to shut her up?
Wellung

Re: How can we silence diamonds?

Postby bobby » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 pm

i like her

she's not afraid to say what she thinks

however inane :thumbsup:
bobby

Postby charlie » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:20 pm

bobby wrote:i like her

she's not afraid to say what she thinks

however inane :thumbsup:

We all do for all those x rated posts :wubwub:
charlie

Postby The Graduate. » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:50 am

Wellung wrote:Assuming she cant talk with her mouth full,perhaps she needs something large in her mouth to shut her up?

I suppose you could always pretend you want me to shut up, and make a thread that you know will attract me in order for me to post back to you!
The Graduate.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 am

Keep posting Diamonds, piss them off :smilin:

Postby Wellung » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 am

DIAMONDS wrote:
Wellung wrote:Assuming she cant talk with her mouth full,perhaps she needs something large in her mouth to shut her up?

I suppose you could always pretend you want me to shut up, and make a thread that you know will attract me in order for me to post back to you!

Coz we luv ya babes! :wubwub:
Wellung

Postby The Graduate. » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 am

Wellung wrote:
DIAMONDS wrote:

Coz we luv ya babes! :wubwub:

Or cuz u hate me. Either one makes me laugh :mrgreen:
The Graduate.

Postby Gigolo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:21 am

Anyone evil would want to silence Diamonds.
Gigolo

Postby The Graduate. » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 am

Gigolo wrote:Anyone evil would want to silence Diamonds.

Yes this is true..

Add something interesting below.
The Graduate.

Postby Gigolo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 am

DIAMONDS wrote:
Gigolo wrote:Anyone evil would want to silence Diamonds.

Yes this is true..

Add something interesting below.
Theres a field of genetically modified wheat at Harpenden. 2 synthetic genes have been added to the wheat, one produces a protein which is similar to a protein found in peppermint. The other is not a cow gene but is described by Rothamsted Research as 'similar to a cow gene'. The newpapers have been lying. Rothamsted Research say:

•The genes we inserted into the wheat plants were chemically synthesised and not taken from another plant or animal.The gene that makes (E)-β-farnesene, encodes a protein that is similar to that found in peppermint but versions of this gene are also present in many other plants. The other gene that is needed, the "farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase gene", is widespread in nature and can be found in most organisms.
•We used synthetic genes which is a standard procedure for modern molecular biology. The synthetic form of the farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase gene we used encodes a protein that happens to be most similar to that found in cow but is not significantly different to the versions found in nearly all other organisms. It is not a cow gene, it just looks like one. A bit like two unrelated individuals who have an uncanny resemblance to each other.

http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/Content.php ... at&Page=QA (click on Technical Questions)

Rothamsted Research claim to believe that 20 metres is sufficient to stop the pollen. Though we know from common sence that apples fall from trees and wind can blow wheat pollen, that wind can blow wheat pollen long distances is confirmed in the study Gene Flow In Wheat At The Field Scale.

It has been quite windy, there will likely already be contamination, and there is 70mph wind forcast.
Gigolo

Postby Holly » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 pm

:rofl:
Holly

Postby Gigolo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Bearing in mind the uncanny similarity between what is in the various newspapers, it appears the various science correspondants are On Message. Theres probably no way through there. I assume Rothamsted Research couldn't give a bollocks if they are exposed online with a small number of people reading. However, its likely some of the people who work there live in the area and do not want the people in the town knowing whats going on. They probably would not want the following going through local people's letterboxes:

Rothamsted Research

Rothamsted Research assured everyone:

• The GM plots will be separated from the edge of the trial by 10 meters of barley (or space) plus a 3 metre 'pollen barrier' of wheat that helps to contain pollen from the GM plants within the trial site. All these plants are treated as though they are GM and harvested /destroyed at the end of the trial. There will be no cereals grown for 20 metres outside the boundary of the site and no wild relatives of wheat that can cross with our cultivated variety exist in the vicinity.
• Couch grass species, distant relatives of wheat will be controlled in a 20 metre wide area around the trial site to avoid any slight possibility of cross-pollination.

http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/Content.php ... at&Page=QA (click on Health and Safety Questions)

Gene Flow In Wheat At The Field Scale, by Matus Cadiz M.A.; Hucl P; Horak M.J; Blomquist L.K. states, 'Research to date has not measured gene flow, the exchange of genes between different but usually related populations, over longer distances in wheat', and notes, 'One case of long-distance intraspecific pollen-mediated gene flow was confirmed at a rate of 0.005% at a distance of 300 m to the NW of the 2000 pollinator block (Table 4). This gene flow event probably resulted from wind-mediated pollen movement promoted by strong and prevalent winds.' There was unconfirmed at 1210 metres.

https://www.crops.org/publications/cs/articles/44/3/718

Contradicting science correspondents in the media, according to Rothamsted Research:

• The genes we inserted into the wheat plants were chemically synthesised and not taken from another plant or animal.The gene that makes (E)-β-farnesene, encodes a protein that is similar to that found in peppermint but versions of this gene are also present in many other plants. The other gene that is needed, the "farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase gene", is widespread in nature and can be found in most organisms.
• We used synthetic genes which is a standard procedure for modern molecular biology. The synthetic form of the farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase gene we used encodes a protein that happens to be most similar to that found in cow but is not significantly different to the versions found in nearly all other organisms. It is not a cow gene, it just looks like one. A bit like two unrelated individuals who have an uncanny resemblance to each other.

http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/Content.php ... at&Page=QA (click on Technical Questions)
Gigolo

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:22 pm

nature will bite us clever apes right in the Arse one day...................

sticking animal genes in plants and hoping that nothing bad will come of it
Mark

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Gigolo wrote:Bearing in mind the uncanny similarity between what is in the various newspapers, it appears the various science correspondants are On Message. Theres probably no way through there. I assume Rothamsted Research couldn't give a bollocks if they are exposed online with a small number of people reading. However, its likely some of the people who work there live in the area and do not want the people in the town knowing whats going on. They probably would not want the following going through local people's letterboxes:

Rothamsted Research

Rothamsted Research assured everyone:

• The GM plots will be separated from the edge of the trial by 10 meters of barley (or space) plus a 3 metre 'pollen barrier' of wheat that helps to contain pollen from the GM plants within the trial site. All these plants are treated as though they are GM and harvested /destroyed at the end of the trial. There will be no cereals grown for 20 metres outside the boundary of the site and no wild relatives of wheat that can cross with our cultivated variety exist in the vicinity.
• Couch grass species, distant relatives of wheat will be controlled in a 20 metre wide area around the trial site to avoid any slight possibility of cross-pollination.

http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/Content.php ... at&Page=QA (click on Health and Safety Questions)

Gene Flow In Wheat At The Field Scale, by Matus Cadiz M.A.; Hucl P; Horak M.J; Blomquist L.K. states, 'Research to date has not measured gene flow, the exchange of genes between different but usually related populations, over longer distances in wheat', and notes, 'One case of long-distance intraspecific pollen-mediated gene flow was confirmed at a rate of 0.005% at a distance of 300 m to the NW of the 2000 pollinator block (Table 4). This gene flow event probably resulted from wind-mediated pollen movement promoted by strong and prevalent winds.' There was unconfirmed at 1210 metres.

https://www.crops.org/publications/cs/articles/44/3/718

Contradicting science correspondents in the media, according to Rothamsted Research:

• The genes we inserted into the wheat plants were chemically synthesised and not taken from another plant or animal.The gene that makes (E)-β-farnesene, encodes a protein that is similar to that found in peppermint but versions of this gene are also present in many other plants. The other gene that is needed, the "farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase gene", is widespread in nature and can be found in most organisms.
• We used synthetic genes which is a standard procedure for modern molecular biology. The synthetic form of the farnesyl pyrophosphate synthase gene we used encodes a protein that happens to be most similar to that found in cow but is not significantly different to the versions found in nearly all other organisms. It is not a cow gene, it just looks like one. A bit like two unrelated individuals who have an uncanny resemblance to each other.

Why aren't you posting this in the Rothampstead thread? :hand:

Postby Gigolo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Interesting how tossers advertise.

Diamonds had asked me to write something interesting.

I've just been in Harpenden. I was lucky, £40 dropped out of a suit's pocket earlier today. I have an policy that if I see who dropped the money, I give it to them. I climbed over a barrier, picked up the money and went after the guy I was pretty sure had dropped it, walked alongside him, spoke clearly to get his attention, twice he willfully ignored me, with a look of arrogance. I decided not to bother trying a 3rd time. Hence I was able to do some photocopying and take the train.
Gigolo

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms