EuroMillions

A right load of bollocks...

EuroMillions

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 pm

A staggering 800 lottery tickets will be sold every second tomorrow ahead of a EuroMillions draw that will see 100 lucky Brits become millionaires.
Sales of the special EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle tickets are expected to reach more than three million tickets an hour as the public snap up their chance to win the life-changing sum.
And one lucky person will be catapulted into the ranks of the super-rich as the jackpot for the separate Euromillions draw is expected to top £105million.

Organisers of the raffle have urged players to get their tickets early to be in with a chance of landing a windfall.
The previous record was set when 25 millionaires were created in the EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle draw on Christmas Eve in 2010.

The raffle is being organised to thank UK lottery players for helping to raise money for funding the Olympic and Paralympic Games. In total the National Lottery is contributing of £2.2billion to the Games.
The Friday night draw will be moved to a temporary slot on BBC from 11pm to 11.10pm, so it doesn't clash with the ceremony.

Over the past two years dozens of people have scooped life-changing wins but some have won considerably more than others.
Matt Topham and Cassey Carrington, both 22, celebrated after winning an eye-watering £45,169,170.50 on the EuroMillions jackpot in February and the month before Gareth and Catherine Bull from Nottinghamshire scooped £40,627,241.

Other big winners include a ticket-holder who banked £113,019,926 in October 2010 but decided not to go public, and Dave Dawes and his wife Angela, from Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, whose haul was £101,203,600 last October.
A dozen bus drivers from Stagecoach bus depot in Corby, Northamptonshire also scooped £38million between them in March.
Last year, Colin and Christine Weir's numbers came in making them £161million richer and Britain's biggest EuroMillions winners.
The couple, who have more money than David and Victoria Beckham, bought an £850,000 mansion in Largs, Ayrshire, last year, and plan on building a luxury indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi.
They are also sponsoring 15-year-old Scottish racing driver Gregor Ramsay in his first season competing in European and Italian Formula Three events and two months ago it emerged that Mr Weir had pledged to give £750,000 to his local football team, Largs Thistle, to help them clear debts and improve their facilities.
The couple made a seven-figure donation to the Scottish National Party to support its campaign for Scotland to break away from the rest of the UK.
The biggest ever win was £195million won in 2002 by Andrew Whittaker, from West Virginia.
Elaine and Harold Messner from New Jersey shared the world’s largest lottery prize of £250m when they won the Mega Millions draw in March 2007. However, the prize was shared further with an anonymous truck driver from Georgia.

A single ticket claimed by eight co-workers from a Nebraska meat processing plant won £234m in February 2006. Larry and Nancy Ross from Michigan and Joe and Sue Kainz from Illinois shared the £232m jackpot from The Big Game in May 2000.
A £154m Mega Millions prize pool was shared by two winners from Georgia and New Jersey in January 2011.
Nine countries – the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Austria – participate in EuroMillions, with sales from all of them going into the jackpot fund.
Twenty eight per cent of all EuroMillions ticket revenue goes towards good causes, which helps fund sports, community and social events around Britain and Europe.

Earlier this year National Lottery operator Camelot took out out a survey which shows that lottery winners have a surprising number of purchases in common.

Around half of winners move within three months of a big win and a poll of new millionaires found almost a third (29 per cent) bought a hot tub and a similar number (28 per cent) had a walk-in wardrobe.
Nearly a quarter (24 per cent) had electric gates at their new home, one in five (22 per cent) set up a games room and 17 per cent bought a snooker table.
A fifth (22 per cent) bought a dog while one in 25 (4 per cent) got a cat.
Some 16 per cent adopted a healthy lifestyle with a gym in their home and one in 10 (12 per cent) installed a bar to have drinks to celebrate their good fortune.

Everyone got their tickets ready for tonight? :Wiiiine!:
Snuffleupagus

Re: EuroMillions

Postby Mr Vernon Pool » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 pm

I see the poor man's tax is still thriving amongst you lot :trollface:
Mr Vernon Pool

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Mr Vernon Pool wrote:I see the poor man's tax is still thriving amongst you lot :trollface:

"You lot"? :ooer:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Take no notice of the sneering fuck. All he's useful for is trolling :bored:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 pm

How exactly do they guarantee 100 millionaires, when it is supposed to be a game of chance and they have no control over how the balls come out?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Claire » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:How exactly do they guarantee 100 millionaires, when it is supposed to be a game of chance and they have no control over how the balls come out?

I think it's the millionaire raffle that is guaranteeing 100 winners.
Claire

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:16 am

Claire wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:How exactly do they guarantee 100 millionaires, when it is supposed to be a game of chance and they have no control over how the balls come out?

I think it's the millionaire raffle that is guaranteeing 100 winners.

Thanks, I realised that after wasting a tenner :brickwall:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby trini » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:25 am

After almost 18 years in Virginia I've won maybe $1,500 in lotto's, don't even what to know how many $1,00s I've paid to win that lofty sum. :brickwall:

On the bright side, I win a lot more than I lose at Horse racing. :leer:
trini

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 am

trinity wrote:After almost 18 years in Virginia I've won maybe $1,500 in lotto's, don't even what to know how many $1,00s I've paid to win that lofty sum. :brickwall:

On the bright side, I win a lot more than I lose at Horse racing. :leer:

I was winning almost every week, only small sums but paid the following draw and a bit left over.

But everytime I make a 'RACIST' comment or post, God makes the previous or following number to mine, come out instead.

I think he's trying to tell me something, was gonna speak to Orph/Gigolo about it, he's piped directly into heaven.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lexi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 am

I never check my tickets, always just assume there's no point.... :ooer: Should probably check them this weekend? :yikes:
Lexi

Postby Dr Teef » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Lexi wrote:I never check my tickets, always just assume there's no point.... :ooer: Should probably check them this weekend? :yikes:

You play the lottery but never check yr tickets? What's the point in playing then :dunno:

Anyway I won last night only £2.70 but that will be invested in 2 lines today and a can of Coke :thumbsup:
Dr Teef

Postby gamble & proctor » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Dr Teef wrote:You play the lottery but never check yr tickets? What's the point in playing then :dunno:

Anyway I won last night only £2.70 but that will be invested in 2 lines today and a can of Coke :thumbsup:

But you aren't old enough to gamble :pmsl:
gamble & proctor

Postby FSA » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Dr Teef wrote:You play the lottery but never check yr tickets? What's the point in playing then :dunno:

So your investment portfolio is 2 lottery tickets and a can of coke? :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
FSA

Postby DreamTwister » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Did you mean invest in two lines of coke ? :gigglesnshit:
DreamTwister

Postby Dr Teef » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:23 pm

gamble & proctor wrote:

But you aren't old enough to gamble :pmsl:

Awww nice try :thumbsup:
Dr Teef

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms