Why do people still smoke ?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Why do people still smoke ?

Postby curious » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Sunsetdelight wrote:
curious wrote:
Sunsetdelight wrote:Why do ppl smoke!!, its hard bloody not to here in Greece.....how fooken cheap they are....3 euro's a packet for tailor made....I smoke golden Virginia tobbacco and a pouch of 50 mg is 6.90 euros.....in the UK I pay 15 quid....unbelievable...have stocked up....lets just hope no problems at customs coming through at Heathrow... :ooer:

I generally get a little warm just looking at the smoking hot sunny......good luck bringing the tobacco home luv. :Hiya:

Job done Curious.....But I did have trouble at customs over the fact I came back in with an aussie passport........coz when I filled out my immagration card in the plane, one question was how long do I intend to visit the UK....and I put I LIVE HERE!!! and the guy says there is no where registered u have entered the country with that passport... no visa etc.... So u have been living illegally in the country....then i said i entered the UK in 2005 with my greek passport but it has expired.....and since then i got married to a british subject and i have a kid which is also a British subject etc etc.... and he said that is in your favour.....but you need to renew your greek passport or become a Brisitish citizen coz technically you are illegally in this country with your oz passport....but he eventually let me through.....but no check with luggage so i managed to get through heaps of tobacco.....so now need to get my English citizenship....well I have lived here 7 yrs....but its so expensive talking about 800 quid etc...to do it all....thats a holiday in greece damn it... :brickwall:
Anyway back here...smoking some tobacco now from good old greece.... :laughing:

Damn after going through all of that, I would light up a cig too and have a smoke. :wink: Well I guess its time to start the process and become a good English citizen.... :thumbsup:
curious

Postby Truthy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:53 pm

ANZAC wrote:
Lexi wrote:It's such a 'coincidence' that all these changes have came about 'after' the smoking ban isn't it? I also KNOW FOR A FACT that our local pubs have shut down one by one because they lost custom when the ban took hold! Less and less people go to the pub now, not because they all smoke! but because everyone knows someone who smokes and when you go out in a group, a % of that group will be smokers! Women in particular detest having to go outside to smoke in all weathers! It makes them look like they are women of no morals! and that's not fair!

Men have also expressed their dislike for having to go outside! It may be 'ugly' to smoke. but it's a lot uglier to be a tourist and see all these people lingering outside buildings or hanging on streets just so they can have a ciggi! The whole thing has gotten out of hand now! You may ask yourself, if this problem is really that serious, why don't the government make it illigal?! They wont because they gain a huge amount of money from the tax! Just like Alcohol! a lethel poison to the human body! yet it's still legal!! Why is that? Money! that's why!

The governemt are allowing business's ie pubs to go down because at the end of the day, smoking is still legal, still taxed, just like alcohol! so fuck the people whom lose their
jobs or livelihoods! or even die because of it! fuck those whose families are distroyed via cigs and alcohol! As long as those bastards still get money then we're all fucked at the end of the day!! :ohshi:

There is literally only one thing that ultimately killed our local pubs and that's the fucking stupid idiotic neurotic pc bastard brigade!! Ever speak to any of them you'll find that they know fuck all about anything! bunch of fucking nerds! :shake head:
You pubs were on the decline long before the smoking ban it well may be a factor in some certainly not all by a long shot .

With recent figures showing that beer sales have slumped to their lowest levels since the 'Great Depression' of the 1930s, and government policy being to ever increase the tax on beer what hope is there for the Pub.

Beer sold in The UK carries taxes eight times greater than those in France, 32 pence per pint compared to 4 pence. No wonder then that pub beer sales have fallen by almost half, or more than 5 billion pints. Pubs are now pulling 14 million less pints than they did since the peak thirty years ago, figures from the British Beer and Pub Association [BBPA] showed.

With the soaring prices of barley, malt, glass, aluminium and energy prices sky high, the brewers who for so many years have made consistently good profits, are now beginning to feel the effects. The BBPA said that major UK Brewers have seen profits plummet by almost 80 percent, and claimed brewers make 0.7 pence per pint profit, compared to the average 33 pence per pint they pay in taxes

http://www.innworld.co.uk/The%20decline ... %20pub.php

drinking habits have changed alcohol' is cheaper to buy in supermarkets people go clubbing more most people now don't drink and drive and pub prices are high so to blame it on just the smoking ban is stupid. just google and find out yourself

Its true that pubs were declining before the ban but what was a small trickle turned into a deluge with that ridiculous ban...
Truthy

Postby Sunny » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

curious wrote:
Sunsetdelight wrote:
curious wrote:
Sunsetdelight wrote:Why do ppl smoke!!, its hard bloody not to here in Greece.....how fooken cheap they are....3 euro's a packet for tailor made....I smoke golden Virginia tobbacco and a pouch of 50 mg is 6.90 euros.....in the UK I pay 15 quid....unbelievable...have stocked up....lets just hope no problems at customs coming through at Heathrow... :ooer:

I generally get a little warm just looking at the smoking hot sunny......good luck bringing the tobacco home luv. :Hiya:

Job done Curious.....But I did have trouble at customs over the fact I came back in with an aussie passport........coz when I filled out my immagration card in the plane, one question was how long do I intend to visit the UK....and I put I LIVE HERE!!! and the guy says there is no where registered u have entered the country with that passport... no visa etc.... So u have been living illegally in the country....then i said i entered the UK in 2005 with my greek passport but it has expired.....and since then i got married to a british subject and i have a kid which is also a British subject etc etc.... and he said that is in your favour.....but you need to renew your greek passport or become a Brisitish citizen coz technically you are illegally in this country with your oz passport....but he eventually let me through.....but no check with luggage so i managed to get through heaps of tobacco.....so now need to get my English citizenship....well I have lived here 7 yrs....but its so expensive talking about 800 quid etc...to do it all....thats a holiday in greece damn it... :brickwall:
Anyway back here...smoking some tobacco now from good old greece.... :laughing:

Damn after going through all of that, I would light up a cig too and have a smoke. :wink: Well I guess its time to start the process and become a good English citizen.... :thumbsup:

Hhhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha once an Aussie always an Aussie......I cant believe being an Aussie i cant just walk through....how many fucken poms do we have down under!!!!!! :grrrrr: God, are they that scared of us or sumfin???? :gigglesnshit:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Sunny » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:59 pm

P.s I have a pic to put up a recent one when i was in greece but it says this....
The submitted avatar is 227 pixels wide and 227 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 185 pixels wide and 170 pixels high.

:thud:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms