Coffee

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Coffee

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:43 pm

curious wrote:back on topic, another option for truly good coffee is the rancilio silvia expresso machine....hmmmm, fire up that bad boy for a nice taste at 10PM in the evening.... :cuppaT: But I only use that when the local coffee house isn't open, I mean closing up a coffee shop at 9:00 PM in the evening, who the hell does that but some crazy yanks and local laws... :hand: Hence the machine and coffee all night long..... :thumbsup:

Coffee shops close around 5pm here, well the local ones, Im a bit of a townie and not a city person :cuppaT:
alice

Postby curious » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Victoria wrote:You want to be careful Curious, all this coffee is bad for you.

Really! and what studies have stated that? It has been proven to improve mood ( and I do believe a few sad sacks on this very forum have accused me of being boring, etc), so that should make me a more cheerful and pleasant person :trollface: It improves alertness, energy, reduces risk of type 2 diabetes for those interested, and it has been suggested that drinking vast quantities of coffee extends your life.....Think about that, I get to live longer to taunt my little bag head buddies. :trollface: Sweeeeeeeet
curious

Postby curious » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:00 pm

alice wrote:
curious wrote:back on topic, another option for truly good coffee is the rancilio silvia expresso machine....hmmmm, fire up that bad boy for a nice taste at 10PM in the evening.... :cuppaT: But I only use that when the local coffee house isn't open, I mean closing up a coffee shop at 9:00 PM in the evening, who the hell does that but some crazy yanks and local laws... :hand: Hence the machine and coffee all night long..... :thumbsup:

Coffee shops close around 5pm here, well the local ones, Im a bit of a townie and not a city person :cuppaT:

500PM my god that is so wrong! Its not a national law is it? I mean if I wanted to come back home I could find a decent coffee shop that stays open past 5pm couldnt I? Sweet Jesus, I can get a decent cuppa in Amsterdam late into the evening, well that and other things. :leer:
curious

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm

curious wrote:
alice wrote:

500PM my god that is so wrong! Its not a national law is it? I mean if I wanted to come back home I could find a decent coffee shop that stays open past 5pm couldnt I? Sweet Jesus, I can get a decent cuppa in Amsterdam late into the evening, well that and other things. :leer:

Maybe they stay open late in the big cities, not round here though! :mrgreen:
alice

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:13 pm

alice wrote:
curious wrote:
alice wrote:

where are you from, alice ?

Postby Vicky » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:13 pm

I stay in a big city Alice, biggest and best there is. :laughing:
Vicky

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Guest wrote:
alice wrote:
curious wrote:
alice wrote:

Now that would be telling! :mrgreen:
alice

Postby Snuffleupagus » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Guest wrote:
alice wrote:
curious wrote:
alice wrote:

Wonderland. :thumbsup:
Snuffleupagus

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Victoria wrote:I stay in a big city Alice, biggest and best there is. :laughing:

You live in Glasgow? :razz:

Im just not a City person, went to London once to see the sites and it was so dusty and noisy :yikes:

Oh and Barcelona, I hated the even more :bawlin:
alice

Postby Vicky » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm

alice wrote:
Victoria wrote:I stay in a big city Alice, biggest and best there is. :laughing:

Im just not a City person, went to London once to see the sites and it was so dusty and noisy :yikes:

I do. Never been to London before, i've been meaning to go to Edinburgh this year since the Pandas arrived, i want to see them, haven't got round to it yet though. :laughing:
Vicky

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Snuffleupagus wrote:

Wonderland. :thumbsup:

Wish I'd have thought of that :mrgreen:

Nosey some people :yikes:
alice

Postby curious » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 pm

:cuppaT: :cuppaT: hmmm, appears you ladies don't get out much.... :trollface:
curious

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Victoria wrote:
alice wrote:

I do. Never been to London before, i've been meaning to go to Edinburgh this year since the Pandas arrived, i want to see them, haven't got round to it yet though. :laughing:

I quite like a visit to the zoo, not been for ages though! :mrgreen:

I was worried about the Pandas being cold, I never realised China had cold weather an all :oops:
alice

Postby curious » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm

alice wrote:
Victoria wrote:
alice wrote:

I quite like a visit to the zoo, not been for ages though! :mrgreen:

I was worried about the Pandas being cold, I never realised China had cold weather an all :oops:

ages as in last week, last year, past 10 years, perhaps past 20 years, maybe further back...past 40 years. Just trying to get a grip on the term "ages" curious thats all :trollface:
curious

Postby alice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 pm

curious wrote::cuppaT: :cuppaT: hmmm, appears you ladies don't get out much.... :trollface:

I know, sad aint it! :bawlin:
alice

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms