Is marriage outdated?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Is marriage outdated?

Postby Lexi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:01 am

My hub and I are very happily married. It was him that wanted us to marry to exchange our vows, which we wrote ourselves. We are totally dedicated to each other, we married because we are in love! and for no other reason than to make our dedication official, to each other, and because we 'wanted' to! :twirl:
Lexi

Postby blackdahliaxxx » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 am

Lexi wrote:My hub and I are very happily married. It was him that wanted us to marry to exchange our vows, which we wrote ourselves. We are totally dedicated to each other, we married because we are in love! and for no other reason than to make our dedication official, to each other, and because we 'wanted' to! :twirl:

Was it costly though Lexi?
I think the money spent on marriage is a complete waste,wedding dress,flowers, reception etc often adds up to thousands leaving newlyweds in debt.
blackdahliaxxx

Postby Lexi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:55 am

blackdahliaxxx wrote:
Lexi wrote:My hub and I are very happily married. It was him that wanted us to marry to exchange our vows, which we wrote ourselves. We are totally dedicated to each other, we married because we are in love! and for no other reason than to make our dedication official, to each other, and because we 'wanted' to! :twirl:

Was it costly though Lexi?
I think the money spent on marriage is a complete waste,wedding dress,flowers, reception etc often adds up to thousands leaving newlyweds in debt.

No BD, we had a very small personal Wedding in a very very old small countryside Hotel with just very close family, I wore an antique Italian lace gown, figure hugging not a big 'mirangue'! e We had our reception in our local with our favorite rock band playing live for us (because we know the lead personally) :thumbsup: Our reception was a 'gift' from a very close friend who owns the place, which is a 'bikers' pub who put on a fantastic bike show for us, as a gift! No it certainly didn't 'cost' much but it was absolutely priceless! :hap: :cheers: I loved it! it's brought a tear to my eye now! :wubbers: :laughing:
Lexi

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms