How not to catch a train

A right load of bollocks...

How not to catch a train

Postby Punk » Fri May 31, 2013 7:51 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22735308

A man who jumped off a platform and ran in front of a departing train at a station in a futile bid to get on it has been criticised by police.

"Shocking" footage of the man's dash across the tracks at Crosskeys station in Caerphilly county has been released in a bid to trace him.

The incident at 20:00 BST on 15 May was "utter stupidity", said British Transport Police (BTP).

Insp Mike Jones said he was "appalled" by the man's actions.

"I cannot emphasise enough the dangers associated with this type of stupid behaviour”

Insp Mike Jones British Transport Police

The footage shows the young man, dressed in a red top and dark trousers, jumping from the opposing platform, running across the tracks and around the front of the train onto the other platform.

He then tries to open the doors to the 19:40 Ebbw Vale to Cardiff Central service, as it was preparing to leave the station.

He is unable to get on and the train moves away.

"This shocking footage clearly shows the man pass around the front of the train, in the direction it is about to move, to try and get on board," said Insp Jones, officer in charge at BTP Cardiff.

"I am absolutely dismayed to see people are willing to risk their lives for the sake of a few seconds rather than waiting for the next train. It is utter stupidity.

"I cannot emphasise enough the dangers associated with this type of stupid behaviour. It is simply not worth it.

"I am now asking for the public's help to identify this man and would urge anyone who has any information in relation to this incident to come forward."

BTP asked for anyone with any information is asked to contact the force on freefone 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B7/WA of 30/05/2013. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Video is in the link. :yikes: :yikes:
Punk

Re: How not to catch a train

Postby Stooo » Fri May 31, 2013 9:05 pm

He will get his Darwins Award shortly unless he sorts himself out :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Worra t**t, on so many levels. :shake head:
Snuffleupagus

Postby trini » Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 pm

On the NYC Subway they call them "Organ Donors"..................Well.............. thats if you can find viable organs that is.
trini

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms