Taking the piss?

A right load of bollocks...

Taking the piss?

Postby Text » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:18 pm

The thread that JPI did in the smug gave me the idea to do this thread, which someone did for me over a year ago.

Actress Sarah Miles is a firm believer in drinking her own urine. :kinell: She has done so for over thirty years, claiming the belief that it immunizes against allergies, amongst other health benefits.

~ Other famous followers of this tradition are Ghandi, and another Indian PM Morarji Desai, a longtime practitioner of urine therapy who stated that it was the perfect medical solution for the millions of Indians who cannot afford medical treatment.

~ Madonna explained to talk show host David Letterman that she urinates on her own feet to help cure her athlete's foot problem.

~ Boxer Juan Manuel Márquez drank his own urine during a filmed
training session for the HBO series 24/7 promoting the Marquez/Mayweather fight, he revealed that he believed the practice was of great nutritional benefit aiding his intensive workouts.

~ Author J.D. Salinger is also said to have been an adherent.
Text

Re: Taking the piss?

Postby Text » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 pm

A rather splendid ancient poem, penned by someone who makes reference to the fact that urine was used to whiten the teeth. > >

The Roman poet Catullus, criticizing a Gaul named Egnatius > >

"Egnatius, because he has snow-white teeth, smiles all the time.
If you're a defendant in court, when the counsel draws tears, he smiles:
if you're in grief at the pyre of pious sons, the lone lorn mother weeping, he smiles.
Whatever it is, wherever it is, whatever he's doing, he smiles: he's got a disease,
Neither polite, I would say, nor charming.
So a reminder to you, from me, good Egnatius.
If you were a Sabine or Tiburtine
or a fat Umbrian, or plump Etruscan,
or dark toothy Lanuvian, or from north of the Po,
and I'll mention my own Veronese too,
or whoever else clean their teeth religiously,
I'd still not want you to smile all the time:
There's nothing more foolish than foolishly smiling.
Now youre Spanish: in the country of Spain
What each man pisses, he's used to brushing
His teeth and red gums with, every morning,
So the fact that your teeth are so polished

Just shows you're the more full of piss "

Apparently Urine therapy can be used for all sorts of ailments: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine_therapy

Did the Bible implicitly promote it??? Proverbs #5:15, King James version, > > "Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well." :ooer:

I cannot fathom what would drive someone to drink their own waste products. Wrong on every level!! I find the whole thing quite disgusting tbh, but hey I guess it takes all sorts. :dunno:
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Toilet habits seem to be a popular theme with you, Canny luv...
Dean

Postby Text » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Pardon?? :scratch:
Drink driving is quite a popular theme with YOU.
Stop ruining all my threads, sad Mr Supertroll.
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Canary wrote:Pardon?? :scratch:
Drink driving is quite a popular theme with YOU.
Stop ruining all my threads, sad Mr Supertroll.

No, it's really not, I never mention it. You on the otherhand mention poo, shit, defecating, piss and all sorts of toilet habits daily!

Weird... :ooer:
Dean

Postby Text » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm

That is a complete myth. I don't mention such things any more than anyone else, & only when i swear. No one forces you to read my posts. Goodbye.
Last edited by Text on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Canary wrote:No one forces you to read my posts. Goodbye.

I'm not being forced, no, I'm just commenting on your weird habit of talking about poo and wee all the time! :off head:
Dean

Postby Text » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:40 pm

That is a complete myth. I don't mention such things any more than anyone else, & only when i swear. No one forces you to read my posts. Goodbye.
Text

Postby Dean » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Canary wrote:That is a complete myth. I don't mention such things any more than anyone else, & only when i swear. No one forces you to read my posts. Goodbye.

You must be kidding, you're always mentioning unwashed arses and suchlike! You have some sort of weird fascination with bottoms and poo and piss! :off head:
Dean

Postby blackdahliaxxx » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Canary wrote:The thread that JPI did in the smug gave me the idea to do this thread, which someone did for me over a year ago.

Actress Sarah Miles is a firm believer in drinking her own urine. :kinell: She has done so for over thirty years, claiming the belief that it immunizes against allergies, amongst other health benefits.

~ Other famous followers of this tradition are Ghandi, and another Indian PM Morarji Desai, a longtime practitioner of urine therapy who stated that it was the perfect medical solution for the millions of Indians who cannot afford medical treatment.

~ Madonna explained to talk show host David Letterman that she urinates on her own feet to help cure her athlete's foot problem.

training session for the HBO series 24/7 promoting the Marquez/Mayweather fight, he revealed that he believed the practice was of great nutritional benefit aiding his intensive workouts.

I quite like taking the pi@s but if the one on the other end of it has no sense of humour you sometimes think you'd have been better off peeing your own pants lol.
blackdahliaxxx

Postby Vicky » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Canary wrote:The thread that JPI did in the smug gave me the idea to do this thread, which someone did for me over a year ago.

I've read about this before Canny. I have no idea why anyone would do it, i imagine it would do you more harm than good.
Vicky

Postby VILS » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Nice to have a bit of Catullus on here!
VILS

Postby Lemon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Dean wrote:

I'm not being forced, no, I'm just commenting on your weird habit of talking about poo and wee all the time! :off head:

I'll bet a sack of poo against a barrel of piss, she owns a glass topped coffee table :pmsl:
Lemon

Postby eddie stobart » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:00 pm

quartzcrystal wrote:
Dean wrote:

I'll bet a sack of poo against a barrel of piss, she owns a glass topped coffee table :pmsl:

and you would know

just saying
eddie stobart

Postby norman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Dean wrote:

can't recollect canny always talking about poo and wee
but then,i don't follow her about avidly reading every word she writes
so,i most probably missed them
norman

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms