The Science And Nature Thread - All Welcome

Big Threads

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Mickyboy wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:The only way we're not alone is if the American military for instance have been made contact with ET such as through area 51 for example bcos although we'll never know what really goes on out there Keyser, conspiracy theories abound so I honestly do think ET has made contact but the general public will never find out bcos it'd cause mass hysteria.......


No I think the chances of that are zero to be honest.

Believe me if an interstellar civilisation arrived here everyone would know all about it.

So you really don't think we'll ever get to meet ET then except in the movies........


I am afraid so.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Mickyboy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:07 pm

I take the view that u til someone partially spills the beans on area51 we'll never know for sure..
User avatar
Mickyboy
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Text » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Boys, I could bang yer heads together. :brickwall:
If the aliens are of higher intelligence, they're already here! Maybe they've always been here!
Why would they dutifully inform us that they dwell amongst us? ...... they don't need our permission or acknowledgement or validation.
They're quite content to simply sit back and observe us like we're goldfish in a bowl.
Could well be that they are right alongside us 24/7, in a parallel universe invisible to our eyes.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Canary wrote:Boys, I could bang yer heads together. :brickwall:
If the aliens are of higher intelligence, they're already here! Maybe they've always been here!
Why would they dutifully inform us that they dwell amongst us? ...... they don't need our permission or acknowledgement or validation.
They're quite content to simply sit back and observe us like we're goldfish in a bowl.
Could well be that they are right alongside us 24/7, in a parallel universe invisible to our eyes.


I was talking about the simple Hollywood 'Grey' Area 51 - style aliens MB was referring to Canny.

In reality any beings who were able to cross the Universe would be millions/billions of years ahead of us and would essentially be Gods, totally beyond our understanding , utterly unknowable and out of reach.

Think of them as the Firstborn in the novel 2001.

To communicate down to our level they would have to use an intermediary (again like the Firstborn who used the both the Monolith and then Bowman/Starchild in 2001 and it's sequels).

After all we are essentially still just a savage, violent Pleistocene ape who has just left the trees.

For example - are the bacteria aware we are studying them through a microscope?

Homo sapiens would be the bacteria in such a scenario.

No - and we could never know that either unless an advanced alien race chose to let us (if we could even comprehend what their messages were meant to convey).

Oh and if they actually existed and wanted to exterminate us for the good of the Cosmos and the rest of the planet we would never know about that either - Humanity would simply cease to exist. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm


Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Text » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Keyser wrote:
Canary wrote:Boys, I could bang yer heads together. :brickwall:
If the aliens are of higher intelligence, they're already here! Maybe they've always been here!
Why would they dutifully inform us that they dwell amongst us? ...... they don't need our permission or acknowledgement or validation.
They're quite content to simply sit back and observe us like we're goldfish in a bowl.
Could well be that they are right alongside us 24/7, in a parallel universe invisible to our eyes.


I was talking about the simple Hollywood 'Grey' Area 51 - style aliens MB was referring to Canny.

In reality any beings who were able to cross the Universe would be millions/billions of years ahead of us and would essentially be Gods, totally beyond our understanding , utterly unknowable and out of reach.

Think of them as the Firstborn in the novel 2001.

To communicate down to our level they would have to use an intermediary (again like the Firstborn who used the both the Monolith and then Bowman/Starchild in 2001 and it's sequels).

After all we are essentially still just a savage, violent Pleistocene ape who has just left the trees.

For example - are the bacteria aware we are studying them through a microscope?

Homo sapiens would be the bacteria in such a scenario.

No - and we could never know that either unless an advanced alien race chose to let us (if we could even comprehend what their messages were meant to convey).

Oh and if they actually existed and wanted to exterminate us for the good of the Cosmos and the rest of the planet we would never know about that either - Humanity would simply cease to exist. :thumbsup:



A higher power is observing us, bemused by all our antics, we are their playthings, we exist purely for their amusement.

Image
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Text » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Whatever scientific theories anyone can come up with - singularity, big bang, whatever - there will always be a huge implaccable God-shaped hole right in the middle of it!
... imo an atheist is someone who hasn't asked himself/herself enough questions yet.
When they finally do, their atheism will start to erode --- to be replaced non necessarily by religious beliefs but you will start to believe in a higher being.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:04 pm

Canary wrote:Whatever scientific theories anyone can come up with - singularity, big bang, whatever - there will always be a huge implaccable God-shaped hole right in the middle of it!
... imo an atheist is someone who hasn't asked himself/herself enough questions yet.
When they finally do, their atheism will start to erode --- to be replaced non necessarily by religious beliefs but you will start to believe in a higher being.


Not me Canny.

For example - who created the Higher Being and who created the Higher Being that created the Higher Being?

On and on it would go.

We are still searching for a Grand Unified Theory but one day (if we do not destroy ourselves) we may eventually find all of the answers.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Text » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:43 pm

You're asking the right questions. Keep going. The answer will fall on your lap sooner or later, K. :cool:
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:48 pm

Canary wrote:You're asking the right questions. Keep going. The answer will fall on your lap sooner or later, K. :cool:


42? :mrgreen:

How are you by the way Canny?

I know you have a forum but I have no idea what is is! :cuppaT:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 pm

The natural telescope of gravitational lensing has allowed us to image an individual star - nine billion light years away. :thud:

https://phys.org/news/2018-04-gravitati ... ssive.html

Image

Civil war amongst chimpanzees and what the asteroid Oumuanua can teach us about the origin of life. :cuppaT:

https://www.seeker.com/animals/chimp-ci ... hree-males

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... space-spd/
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Text » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Keyser wrote:
Canary wrote:You're asking the right questions. Keep going. The answer will fall on your lap sooner or later, K. :cool:


42? :mrgreen:

How are you by the way Canny?

I know you have a forum but I have no idea what is is! :cuppaT:


You wanna know my website's name?? Well that button ain't there for decoration ... is it?
I'm very well, luv. Recovered from your tummy bug yet?
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Canary wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Canary wrote:You're asking the right questions. Keep going. The answer will fall on your lap sooner or later, K. :cool:


42? :mrgreen:

How are you by the way Canny?

I know you have a forum but I have no idea what is is! :cuppaT:


You wanna know my website's name?? Well that button ain't there for decoration ... is it?
I'm very well, luv. Recovered from your tummy bug yet?


What button?

It was stress, I am fine thanks. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Text » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Give me strength! :pmsl:

OK let's start again. There's a button under my avvy. Press it and see where it takes you. [Use a proxy if you like.]

Don't say anything more about it, just get back on topic, Mr K.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19864
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Keyser's Science And Nature Thread.

Postby Keyser » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Canary wrote:Give me strength! :pmsl:

OK let's start again. There's a button under my avvy. Press it and see where it takes you. [Use a proxy if you like.]

Don't say anything more about it, just get back on topic, Mr K.


I never said I was a technical genius! :laughing:

Ok I know where is is now.

Back on topic. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests