Cenobite's science and nature thread.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:11 pm

User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Very large (21 cm long) sperm whale tooth from an individulal over 18 metres long.

It has associated predatory shark bite marks from Megalodon.

The biggest and most formidable predator that ever lived was just fucking mean. :kinell:

Image
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:32 pm

User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm



Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:07 pm

The Titanosaur Patagotitan (one of the largest dinosaurs) v the two most massive land mammals of all time (Palaeoloxodon and Paraceratherium), the largest bull elephant ever recorded, a White rhino, a Giraffe and a polar bear. :cuppaT:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... veoc86.svg
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Fragrant » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Keyser, considering Spacey has just half heartedly apologised for being a paedophile, would it not be better if you changed your avatar?
People may talk. :leer:
User avatar
Fragrant
 

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Fragrant wrote:Keyser, considering Spacey has just half heartedly apologised for being a paedophile, would it not be better if you changed your avatar?
People may talk. :leer:


No.

Why the fuck should I?

Whatever Spacey did or did not do in the past - Keyser Soze is a fictional character.

What has that to do with this thread anyway?
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby charlie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Keyser wrote:The Titanosaur Patagotitan (one of the largest dinosaurs) v the two most massive land mammals of all time (Palaeoloxodon and Paraceratherium), the largest bull elephant ever recorded, a White rhino, a Giraffe and a polar bear. :cuppaT:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... veoc86.svg

I've looked up the proportions of the ancient Asian elephant and apparently it stood 16ft tall at the shoulders and weighed 24 tons!

It really was a super tusker! :kinell:

I may not understand the science surrounding these gigantic mammals like you do - but I can appreciate and feel amazement that these animals once walked on earth. :smilin:
User avatar
charlie
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 pm

charlie wrote:
Keyser wrote:The Titanosaur Patagotitan (one of the largest dinosaurs) v the two most massive land mammals of all time (Palaeoloxodon and Paraceratherium), the largest bull elephant ever recorded, a White rhino, a Giraffe and a polar bear. :cuppaT:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... veoc86.svg

I've looked up the proportions of the ancient Asian elephant and apparently it stood 16ft tall at the shoulders and weighed 24 tons!

It really was a super tusker! :kinell:

I may not understand the science surrounding these gigantic mammals like you do - but I can appreciate and feel amazement that these animals once walked on earth. :smilin:


Yeah the exact mass is disputed but it was certainly the largest land mammal we know of so far. :wubbers:

Image
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby charlie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Fragrant wrote:Keyser, considering Spacey has just half heartedly apologised for being a paedophile, would it not be better if you changed your avatar?
People may talk. :leer:

Oh, get over your pathetic self!

Keyser_Soze1 is a fictional character on the film, The Usual Suspects - but of course you know that!
User avatar
charlie
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:36 pm

charlie wrote:
Fragrant wrote:Keyser, considering Spacey has just half heartedly apologised for being a paedophile, would it not be better if you changed your avatar?
People may talk. :leer:

Oh, get over your pathetic self!

Keyser_Soze1 is a fictional character on the film, The Usual Suspects - but of course you know that!


Exactly. X

Beautiful skeletal reconstructions of Argentinosaurus and some of the other larger Titanosaurs. :cuppaT:

https://img00.deviantart.net/9204/i/201 ... bptqrm.jpg

https://paleo-king.deviantart.com/art/R ... -712420775

https://paleo-king.deviantart.com/art/F ... -422548626
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:59 pm

User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Stories that no fucker else will be interested in but I really enjoyed. :laughing:

Black Holes/Plasma jets and astrobiologist's speculation about aliens.

https://www.seeker.com/space/astrophysi ... ng-clearer

https://phys.org/news/2017-11-aliens.html

Image

Brain imaging technology helps to predict suicidal thoughts with a 90% of accuracy.

https://www.seeker.com/tech/artificial- ... l-thoughts

Where new ideas come from.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovati ... 180965202/

Predation on unfortunate birds by Coconut crabs, kleptopredation by Nundibranchs and the 'Golden Wonder' returns from the abyss.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... -bird-spd/

https://phys.org/news/2017-11-marine-sc ... -prey.html

https://www.livescience.com/60826-lost- ... vered.html

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... guatemala/

Image

A truly gigantic new Pterosaur from Mongolia.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... s-science/

Image
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Keyser's science and nature thread.

Postby Cenobite » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Sharks have survived the five global mass extinction's in this planet's history and have been around for half a billion years.

But so many of these wonderful, intelligent and breathtakingly beautiful animals are now in deep trouble - thanks to the most despicable species of them all. :grrrrr:

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/a-s ... the-world/
User avatar
Cenobite
 
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Canucklehead, TWATkins and 13 guests