The Archaeology thread

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Archaeology thread

Postby LordRaven » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:42 am

The Fading Battlefields Of World War One.

Excellent photos.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/t ... ue#image=1
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Keyser » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:21 am

Hardly real archaeology - but I still had high hopes (until I watched the bloody thing).

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Keyser

Postby xtras1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Keyser wrote:Hardly real archaeology - but I still had high hopes (until I watched the bloody thing).

I thought it was good .
xtras1

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:17 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Keyser wrote:Hardly real archaeology - but I still had high hopes (until I watched the bloody thing).

I thought it was good .

I wanted it to be far darker.

However for what is was it was ok ( the sequels were shit though).
Keyser

Postby xtras1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I thought it was good .

I agree the sequels were rubbish.

Ben Kingsley was fantastic in drama mini series called Tut.. about Tutankhamun . About 3 years ago it was aired
xtras1

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:34 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I thought it was good .

Ben Kingsley was fantastic in drama mini series called Tut.. about Tutankhamun . About 3 years ago it was aired

Few people realise that Tut was almost two millennia after the Great Pyramid was built - the utterly unique structure that may still hold so many secrets (unlike the rest which are rather mundane in the end).

The original building with it's dazzling polished white limestone casing stones (and perhaps gold leafed black meteorite capstone) would have been the greatest sight of the ancient world! :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby xtras1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I thought it was good .

Few people realise that Tut was almost two millennia after the Great Pyramid was built - the utterly unique structure that may still hold so many secrets (unlike the rest which are rather mundane in the end).

The original building with it's dazzling polished white limestone casing stones (and perhaps gold leafed black meteorite capstone) would have been the greatest sight of the ancient world! :thumbsup:

Amazing documentary about the great pyramids..i mean how an earth did they manage to construct such awesome pyramids with limited resources...
xtras1

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Amazing documentary about the great pyramids..i mean how an earth did they manage to construct such awesome pyramids with limited resources...

I am a man of science - but quite frankly the Great Pyramid is unique in so many ways, the precision, the perfection, (include advanced mathematics such as the Golden Ratio built into it) that it baffles me.

As I say the others are rather easily explained but not that 6 million ton structure .
Keyser

Postby Ducie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I am a man of science - but quite frankly the Great Pyramid is unique in so many ways, the precision, the perfection, (include advanced mathematics such as the Golden Ratio built into it) that it baffles me.

As I say the others are rather easily explained but not that 6 million ton structure .

I watched one where they DNA tested to find King Tut lineage was pretty interesting.
Ducie

Postby xtras1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

That's what I mean.. all that intricate work with so little resources.. truly amazing .
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Ducie wrote:
Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I watched one where they DNA tested to find King Tut lineage was pretty interesting.

I visited the British museum a section on Ancient Eygpt fascinating..how they can go into depth the age, how the person died etc worth visiting.
xtras1

Postby Keyser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Ducie wrote:
Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I have to say that selfie is not very flattering! :gigglesnshit:
Keyser

Postby Ducie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Ducie wrote:
Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I visited the British museum a section on Ancient Eygpt fascinating..how they can go into depth the age, how the person died etc worth visiting.

Yes, they did similar on Richard III remains and could tell what kind of diet he had everything.
Ducie

Postby Ducie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Keyser wrote:
Ducie wrote:
Keyser wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

I have to say that selfie is not very flattering! :gigglesnshit:
I wouldn't imagine so!
Ducie

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms