Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby jp761 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Cenobite wrote:England have been bloody awful.

:Lucia:

On another note - I do hate to criticise Joe but he is really going to have to start converting all his half centuries into tons - his opposite number Smith certainly knows how to do that.

Congratulations to Mark Williams tonight but what a match the 17 year old kid Yan Bingtao played - a future superstar.

A cracking game of snooker that was. :cuppaT:
England haven't won at the Gabba for thirty years mind. The Aussies aren't stupid they always start the ashes series there, well over recent years, anyhow. England usually comeback well after a first test loss, they have done over recent years. Let's hope so.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 pm

jp761 wrote:

On another note - I do hate to criticise Joe but he is really going to have to start converting all his half centuries into tons - his opposite number Smith certainly knows how to do that.

Congratulations to Mark Williams tonight but what a match the 17 year old kid Yan Bingtao played - a future superstar.

England haven't won at the Gabba for thirty years mind. The Aussies aren't stupid they always start the ashes series there, well over recent years, anyhow. England usually comeback well after a first test loss, they have done over recent years. Let's hope so.

Yeah the Gabba is a bastard to start with but it's the giving wickets away with stupid shots that pisses me off and the side will miss Stokes that's for sure.

It also shows how much we rely on Anderson and Broad - when they retire we will really struggle to take 20 wickets - even under English conditions.
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 pm

Cenobite wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Yeah the Gabba is a bastard to start with but it's the giving wickets away with stupid shots that pisses me off and the side will miss Stokes that's for sure.

It also shows how much we rely on Anderson and Broad - when they retire we will really struggle to take 20 wickets - even under English conditions.
Yeah the overall balance of the team isn't as good without Stokes there. I wish the Police would hurry up with a final decision. Could Stokes be there by say the third test if the Police make a decision soon, I'm not sure if the ECB have ruled it out completely or not.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:23 pm

jp761 wrote:
Cenobite wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Yeah the overall balance of the team isn't as good without Stokes there. I wish the Police would hurry up with a final decision. Could Stokes be there by say the third test if the Police make a decision soon, I'm not sure if the ECB have ruled it out completely or not.

The thing is there are punch ups outside clubs up an down the land every bloody weekend - I know Stokes is supposed to be a role model but the coppers really seem to be dragging their feet over this.

Either charge the bloke or let him go to Australia!
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:34 am

This round is an example of human physiology - the best chin always beats the hardest punch in my opinion - at least in boxing.

Ali - Foreman was proof of that.

Tommy broke his right hand on Marvin's head with the first punch he threw - I still say to him box for fuck's sake - an easy win on points but he was a warrior moving up and had the Detroit Nosferatu killer mindset from Kronk.

Keyser

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 am

_98944519_townsend_rex.jpg

Jeremy Guscott reckons Scotland could challenge for the Six Nations title next year and has talked of a new era of Scottish rugby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42131633

Lets hope so, we could do with some cheering up after failing to qualify for the football World Cup next year.

Vicky

Postby jp761 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Unlucky England.. Rugby League World Cup final. 6-0 defeat.

Extremely hard fought game.
jp761

Postby Drunk Dalek » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:48 pm

jp761 wrote:Unlucky England.. Rugby League World Cup final. 6-0 defeat.

I take it they couldn't find a ref from a neutral country then :ooer:
Drunk Dalek

Postby jp761 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:
jp761 wrote:Unlucky England.. Rugby League World Cup final. 6-0 defeat.

I take it they couldn't find a ref from a neutral country then :ooer:
Yeah, it is ridiculous. They should follow Rugby Unions example. Surely it's not that difficult to find someone. :roll:
jp761

Postby jp761 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:26 pm

The Ashes, terrible state of affairs. As long as there is hope though.. There is a chance.

Bring on Perth.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Well done Jimmy getting a few wins in lately. Life in the old dog yet.

Soon be the PDC World Darts Championships. And the 3rd Ashes test, last chance saloon. Go England!
jp761

Postby Vicky » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:02 am

Excellent victory last night for John Higgins against Ronnie O'Sullivan in Glasgow.

That was the first time since 1994 that Higs had won every frame against O'Sullivan in a ranking event.

Vicky

Postby jp761 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Vicks wrote:Image

Excellent victory last night for John Higgins against Ronnie O'Sullivan in Glasgow.

That was the first time since 1994 that Higs had won every frame against O'Sullivan in a ranking event.

Yep, and he's on again tonight. It's good to see 2 of the best 4 players of all time.. are still playing. We won't have them playing for that much longer though.
jp761

Postby Vicky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 am

jp761 wrote:
Vicks wrote:Image

Yep, and he's on again tonight. It's good to see 2 of the best 4 players of all time.. are still playing. We won't have them playing for that much longer though.

Higs lost.

:Ssad:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 am

Sports Personality Of The Year tonight.

I hope Elise Christie wins.

She's overcame a difficult year to be become a triple world champion.

She's also Scottish.

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms