Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Keyser » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Well done to Anthony on his victory yesterday but he was far from impressive this time around and the stoppage was premature.

All credit to Carlos for making it such a tough bout however.

I think Joshua needs to lose at least a stone - as many of today's massive heavyweight juggernauts seem to have a problem with their stamina due to the sheer bulk they are moving about.

They are just too big.

But he is still a novice in professional terms and has plenty of time to iron out his more glaring weaknesses.
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:58 pm

I was reading about Frankel the racehorse and his stud fees will go up by 40% next year.

So that means if you want a little Frankel it will cost you £175,000

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/41823871
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:06 pm

That's nothing compared to the stud fees of Galileo who is Frankel's dad.

His services are rumoured to be £350,000.
Vicky

Postby Keyser » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:20 am

Why a welter coming back after five years inactivity beats the toughest middle of then and wins -115 - 113 (on my card) - and proves he is the best of all time since Robinson.

Boy him and Tommy - incredible era. :cuppaT:

Keyser

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 am

My lads were playing Holly's lads at Rugby yesterday!!

It was close..

Spoiler: show
New Zealand 74 Scotland 6

Vicky

Postby Keyser » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Great win for Josh Taylor on CH5 last night - the kid has only had 11 pro fights and looks to belong in top world class already - great jab, power in both hands, speed, superb footwork and a solid chin.

If he is not rushed Josh could be one of the greatest fighters Scotland has ever produced - and perhaps the best since Buchanan.

https://www.ringtv.com/522031-josh-tayl ... -knockout/

Also the respect shown by both after their excellent bout was lovely to watch - Josh offering to take a smiling Vasquez out for a swift pint. :cuppaT:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/boxing/j ... or-a-pint/
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 am

A bit of magic from the All Blacks denied Scotland a famous victory against them at Murrayfield on Saturday.

The Scots lost by 17-22
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:16 am

A few of my lads there..

Vicky

Postby Text » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Cenobite wrote:Just a nice photo of two of the top three welterweights of all time (along with Robinson) at least in my opinion - Mayweather would have been in deep, deep shit if he had to face Ray or Tommy at their peak in the early 80's. :cuppaT:

Didn't know you were such a boxing fan, Keys, and your knowledge of it is most impressive too. :yikes: :yikes:
l've seen you described as racist, and truth be told, you DO say some bigoted stuff sometimes but there are plenty on here who are a million times worse - and nothing gets said to them, they never get criticised. Funny old world eh.
Text

Postby Dean » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:55 pm

The Ashes starts at midnight tonight. I’m in two minds what to do about watching it with the time differences involved. I could go to bed early and get up and watch it before work, or get up a bit earlier than usual and catch a couple of hours before leaving...
Dean

Postby Text » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Vicky wrote:That's nothing compared to the stud fees of Galileo who is Frankel's dad.

What a fine specimen.
I'm gonna dig out my old avvy of a woman on a horse if I can find it. I last used it on here about 5 years ago, I think?
It reminds me of NAA.
Speaking of which ... I wonder how the feisty old girl is doing?
NAA if you're looking in, hiya. :Hiya:
Text

Postby jp761 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Dean wrote:The Ashes starts at midnight tonight. I’m in two minds what to do about watching it with the time differences involved. I could go to bed early and get up and watch it before work, or get up a bit earlier than usual and catch a couple of hours before leaving...
I was going to mention this.

The time difference is annoying, I'll just record it. It'll be a bad move to start watching before sleeping, I'd stay awake longer than I should. And Warner is a prick. A shame Stokes isn't there, you know those two would spice the whole thing up even more.
jp761

Postby Dean » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:30 pm

jp761 wrote:
Dean wrote:The Ashes starts at midnight tonight. I’m in two minds what to do about watching it with the time differences involved. I could go to bed early and get up and watch it before work, or get up a bit earlier than usual and catch a couple of hours before leaving...

The time difference is annoying, I'll just record it. It'll be a bad move to start watching before sleeping, I'd stay awake longer than I should. And Warner is a prick. A shame Stokes isn't there, you know those two would spice the whole thing up even more.

It’s only being shown on BT Sports this year. They are repeating the full days play the next day for those that can’t stay up. If you don’t have BT you’re going to miss out...
Dean

Postby jp761 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Dean wrote:
jp761 wrote:

It’s only being shown on BT Sports this year. They are repeating the full days play the next day for those that can’t stay up. If you don’t have BT you’re going to miss out...
The one advantage of cable, about time. We still don't have Sky Atlantic. I think BT sports is a separate charge on Sky, we get it included in some packages.
jp761

Postby Text » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Canary wrote:
Vicky wrote:That's nothing compared to the stud fees of Galileo who is Frankel's dad.

What a fine specimen.
I'm gonna dig out my old avvy of a woman on a horse if I can find it. I last used it on here about 5 years ago, I think?
It reminds me of NAA.
Speaking of which ... I wonder how the feisty old girl is doing?
NAA if you're looking in, hiya. :Hiya:

Ooops that did not come out the way I intended it to.
For the avoidance of doubt - 'it' refers to the avvy gif, not the horse.
I wasn't comparing NAA to a horse, in fact I heard that she's quite pretty!
Glad I cleared that up!
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms