Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:20 am

Keyser wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
jp761 wrote:Will Ronnie ever lose again, makes you wonder.

In the world championship the only people who could stop him are arguably Higgins and Selby - and Selby's game is shot to fucking bits atm.

But anyone can beat anyone on the day as there are so many top class players now.
Shaun Murphy maybe? I tend to agree though.

That's true enough.

Ding, Robertson, Williams, Trump (another whose game has collapsed), Allen etc - all superb on their day.
Out of those, Ding in particular, is a favourite player of mine.

Be interesting to see how this current Players Championships progresses. Looking like Ronnie will win yet another tournament, but you never know. Anyway, time to log off for me.
jp761

Postby Drunk Dalek » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:54 am

Shocking display from England.......again :shake head:
Drunk Dalek

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:Shocking display from England.......again :shake head:
They've morphed into the Canadian Rugby team. Crazy stuff.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Absolutely abject and utterly disgusting performance. :grrrrr: :brickwall:

What on earth has happened to them?

Today I am ashamed to be an England fan - and God knows what it will be like when Anderson and Broad retire - who the hell will get the wickets?
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Keyser wrote:

Today I am ashamed to be an England fan - and God knows what it will be like when Anderson and Broad retire - who the hell will get the wickets?
lol.. thanks Keyser I obviously thought Drunk Dalek was a little late commenting about the Rugby.

I forget the Test Match started today/overnight.. now I've googled.. :kinell: :kinell:

What the hell has happened to English team sport just recently. Here's to England losing by a handful of goals in the upcoming footy friendlies. :roll:
jp761

Postby Keyser » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:19 pm

jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:

lol.. thanks Keyser I obviously thought Drunk Dalek was a little late commenting about the Rugby.

I forget the Test Match started today/overnight.. now I've googled.. :kinell: :kinell:

What the hell has happened to English team sport just recently. Here's to England losing by a handful of goals in the upcoming footy friendlies. :roll:

England will play well in the friendlies and then get knocked out early in the WC just like they always bloody do.

As for the cricket the entire team seems to have their spinal columns at home.
Keyser

Postby Rockstar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:50 pm

Ball tampering by the Aussies... :shake head:

Bancroft's career ruined I guess... :ooer:
Rockstar

Postby jp761 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:47 pm

In the Snooker it looks like being a Murhpy vs O'Sullivan final tomorrow. I want to see a O'Sullivan vs Williams final, you never know though.

Tennis is more watchable right now, Federer may lose this set.
jp761

Postby Dean » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Rockstar wrote:Ball tampering by the Aussies... :shake head:

Smith has admitted he knew about it too. Serious misjudgement from the Aussies. Can’t see anything other than a ban for both of them at least. If it was Pakistan, India or Sri Lanka they’d be banned for life...
Dean

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Dean wrote:
Rockstar wrote:Ball tampering by the Aussies... :shake head:

Smith has admitted he knew about it too. Serious misjudgement from the Aussies. Can’t see anything other than a ban for both of them at least. If it was Pakistan, India or Sri Lanka they’d be banned for life...

Smudger banned for one match.
FFS what message does that send?

Should have had a 5 year ban from International cricket with Warner and Bancroft 3 each.

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:03 pm

The most blatant ball tampering incident I can remember, in that they readily admitted it as being premeditated.

LoL what dumb fucks are they using a bright yellow piece of tape with zillions of camera angles available?

Smith has to be finished both as a captain/player for Australia, and as a person worthy of any respect, despite his batting skills.

That he keeps blaming it on the 'leadership group' isn't doing him any favours.
Red Okktober

Postby Dean » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Red Okktober wrote:The most blatant ball tampering incident I can remember, in that they readily admitted it as being premeditated.

LoL what dumb fucks are they using a bright yellow piece of tape with zillions of camera angles available?

Smith has to be finished both as a captain/player for Australia, and as a person worthy of any respect, despite his batting skills.

That he keeps blaming it on the 'leadership group' isn't doing him any favours.

He’s been banned for 1 test and had his previous test pay docked. Bancroft 3 demerit points and 75% of match pay docked. No ban for Bancroft. That is the punishment from the ICC, apparently Cricket Australia are going to investigate and deal with it more harshly, that’s from what I’ve read on Twitter...

From what I’ve read, the Aussie public and ex players are outraged by this incident. They hate being thought of as cheats. I expect Smith and Lehman are done for Australia after this test in SA.
Dean

Postby Keyser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:57 pm

There will be more punishment to come I am sure.

Australia is totally outraged from the PM down - they like the team to play their cricket hard but fair and recently they have been involved in far too many unsavoury incidents.

O'Sullivan wins again tonight - 33 ranking titles and seven Masters so far.

He might be a total prat at times but he really is a genius.

The only current players who are not beaten before they even start to play him are Higgins, Selby (who has had an appalling season) and Trump (not much better).

Strong favourite for the world title now.

Only Selby in top form could stop him over the long match format - and Selby has been playing terribly recently.
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Keyser wrote:There will be more punishment to come I am sure.

Australia is totally outraged from the PM down - they like the team to play their cricket hard but fair and recently they have been involved in far too many unsavoury incidents.

The only current players who are not beaten before they even start to play him are Higgins, Selby (who has had an appalling season) and Trump (not much better).

Only Selby in top form could stop him over the long match format - and Selby has been playing terribly recently.
Good post.

Ronnie had the run of the ball here and there in today's final and Murphy missed a few opportunities that he should have capitalised on. But Ronnie is just ridiculously hard to beat right now.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:22 pm

jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:There will be more punishment to come I am sure.

Good post.

Ronnie had the run of the ball here and there in today's final and Murphy missed a few opportunities that he should have capitalised on. But Ronnie is just ridiculously hard to beat right now.

Yes Murphy did not perform well today but I expect it more to do with whom he was playing than anything else.
Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms