Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:Well Keyser, game finished five sessions to go... this is England playing in England in flipping May, this is pretty much as bad a disaster as there is in cricket is it not? :shake head:

In cricket yes, we have the world cup to come, now if you wanna see a real disaster ...
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Eion Morgan » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:Well Keyser, game finished five sessions to go... this is England playing in England in flipping May, this is pretty much as bad a disaster as there is in cricket is it not? :shake head:

In cricket yes, we have the world cup to come, now if you wanna see a real disaster ...

ironically our one day team is the best in the world.
Eion Morgan

Postby Aaron_Silver » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:

I love most sport TJ, but Football isn't my thing, but I think the pressure on footballers is massive in this country, however, they deserve it with their pay packets....
Aaron_Silver

Postby Keyser » Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I love most sport TJ, but Football isn't my thing, but I think the pressure on footballers is massive in this country, however, they deserve it with their pay packets....

Back.

Did you ever follow boxing Aaron?
Keyser

Postby Aaron_Silver » Sun May 27, 2018 11:09 pm

Keyser wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Back.

I follow Olympic boxing so amateur stuff, although I believe that professionals will now be allowed to compete at the Olympics so it will be interesting to see if professionals are prepared to give up the huge pay packets to compete for their country? :smilin:
Aaron_Silver

Postby Keyser » Sun May 27, 2018 11:30 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Back.

I follow Olympic boxing so amateur stuff, although I believe that professionals will now be allowed to compete at the Olympics so it will be interesting to see if professionals are prepared to give up the huge pay packets to compete for their country? :smilin:

It would be literal murder.

In my time I have known a few 'hard' amateur lads - they went into the pros and got destroyed - horrible to watch. :shake head:

Apart from freaks like Lomachenko of course.

Boy I hope he does not make the mistakes Tommy did.

Even so coming in light 145 instead of 147 - and not breaking his premier weapon within 1 second in 1985 (Hagler shit himself) are the difference between being an all time great and the best of all time - period.

Both rematches should have happened very quickly.

Hearns would have won both.

Look at the tapes - he was faster, had more punching power and the better boxer - Ray and Marvin caught lightning in a bottle and they knew the rematches would be bad.

Very bad.
Keyser

Postby Aaron_Silver » Sun May 27, 2018 11:43 pm

Anthony Joshua isn't doing too bad, Mr Ali didn't do too bad, lots of amateurs do fine when turning pro but I'm not sure about a mix, we'll have to wait and see I guess...
Aaron_Silver

Postby Keyser » Sun May 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:Anthony Joshua isn't doing too bad, Mr Ali didn't do too bad, lots of amateurs do fine when turning pro but I'm not sure about a mix, we'll have to wait and see I guess...

Yeah but I was talking about a different level - only Loma and GGG have that sort of greatness,

As for Joe and George - watching them hurts all their other heavyweight opponents until Ali. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:Anthony Joshua isn't doing too bad, Mr Ali didn't do too bad, lots of amateurs do fine when turning pro but I'm not sure about a mix, we'll have to wait and see I guess...

I meant 'normal' amateurs who turn pro mate - not county/British/international/Olympic level ones - I should have made myself clearer.

Sorry. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Aaron_Silver » Tue May 29, 2018 2:47 am

Keyser wrote:

I meant 'normal' amateurs who turn pro mate - not county/British/international/Olympic level ones - I should have made myself clearer.

Well you're just crap aren't you? :dafinger: :canny:
Aaron_Silver

Postby Keyser » Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 am

Aaron_Silver wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Well you're just crap aren't you? :dafinger: :canny:

:Lucia:

Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue May 29, 2018 7:13 am

The French open (tennis) is on and I got to see some of Nadal yesterday before rain stopped play. :wubbers:
He’s a miserable bugger but a beautiful player.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Wed May 30, 2018 6:29 pm

which channel is it on?

Postby Aaron_Silver » Wed May 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Guest wrote:which channel is it on?

ITV 4 and Eurosport
Aaron_Silver

Postby Guest » Wed May 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote: