Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Keyser » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:
Keyser wrote:Adam Peaty is so shit! :pmsl:


Not nearly as shit as this post :again?:


Yes your posts are shit but never mind - keep working on them and one day you could be almost as good as me. :cuppaT:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12381
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Aaron_Silver » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:16 pm

:pmsl:
Keyser wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:
Keyser wrote:Adam Peaty is so shit! :pmsl:


Not nearly as shit as this post :again?:


Yes your posts are shit but never mind - keep working on them and one day you could be almost as good as me. :cuppaT:


:pmsl: :pmsl: You need to update your patter boyo :Lucia:
User avatar
Aaron_Silver
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Dean » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Kovalev got knocked out last night. He looked old and tired. Ward has retired him I think, time for him to hang them up...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Dean wrote:Kovalev got knocked out last night. He looked old and tired. Ward has retired him I think, time for him to hang them up...


Krusher has had a fine career - I just hope that he does not make the same mistake so many have before him.

Hagler and Leonard got it right - Hearns and Duran made me despair by fighting into their late 40's (even though they were still formidable) and look at Roy Jones! :shake head:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12381
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby charlie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Keyser wrote:
Dean wrote:Kovalev got knocked out last night. He looked old and tired. Ward has retired him I think, time for him to hang them up...


Krusher has had a fine career - I just hope that he does not make the same mistake so many have before him.

Hagler and Leonard got it right - Hearns and Duran made me despair by fighting into their late 40's (even though they were still formidable) and look at Roy Jones! :shake head:

:trollface: :trollface:
User avatar
charlie
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:19 pm

I see KJT is doing well yet again...

Commonwealth champion Katarina Johnson-Thompson holds a 51-point lead over world champion Nafi Thiam after the first two events of the heptathlon at the European Championships in Berlin.

The Briton, 25, produced a season's best 13.34 seconds in the 100m hurdles followed by 1.91m in the high jump.

She has 2,193 points, followed by Belgium's Thiam (2,142) and Czech athlete Katerina Cachova (2,122).

The heptathletes will compete in the shot put and 200m later on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/45131817

She really is doing a grand job since Jessica Ennis retired.

Come on KJT!!!!
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 26387
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 pm

I'm currently watching the ladies triathlon in Glasgow, and apart from the superhuman efforts of the ladies themselves I am also amazed by the weather because it is grey overcast and raining down here.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 26387
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:12 pm

We have some amazing swimmers representing GB in these championships, the mens relay team absolutely smashed it!
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 26387
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Is anyone else watching European Championships? KJT's 200 Metre win was fantastic!!!
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 26387
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 pm

We have a great medal haul and are just one medal behind Russia overall in the European Championships and I expect a few more tomorrow.
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 26387
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Aaron_Silver » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 pm

LordRaven wrote:We have some amazing swimmers representing GB in these championships, the mens relay team absolutely smashed it!


The only team that can truly beat them are USA, and that's why we need somebody a couple of seconds quicker on the backstroke, then the Americans would have issues, because Peaty is seconds ahead of everybody else, James Guy and Duncan Scott are world class relay swimmers just that pesky backstroke which the Americans tend to be brilliant at that is the problem.
User avatar
Aaron_Silver
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Dean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Aaron_Silver wrote:
LordRaven wrote:We have some amazing swimmers representing GB in these championships, the mens relay team absolutely smashed it!


The only team that can truly beat them are USA, and that's why we need somebody a couple of seconds quicker on the backstroke, then the Americans would have issues, because Peaty is seconds ahead of everybody else, James Guy and Duncan Scott are world class relay swimmers just that pesky backstroke which the Americans tend to be brilliant at that is the problem.


When did USA start competing in the European Championships?
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 32891
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby banana chewits » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Dean wrote:
Aaron_Silver wrote:
LordRaven wrote:We have some amazing swimmers representing GB in these championships, the mens relay team absolutely smashed it!


The only team that can truly beat them are USA, and that's why we need somebody a couple of seconds quicker on the backstroke, then the Americans would have issues, because Peaty is seconds ahead of everybody else, James Guy and Duncan Scott are world class relay swimmers just that pesky backstroke which the Americans tend to be brilliant at that is the problem.


When did USA start competing in the European Championships?


it's one of the conditions of the chlorine washed chicken trade deal.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 12:55 am

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Punk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 pm

India 107 all out with Jimmy Jimmy bagging a fifer. :smilin:
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6870
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Rockstar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Punk wrote:India 107 all out with Jimmy Jimmy bagging a fifer. :smilin:


:grrrrr:
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 11827
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: xtras1 and 19 guests