Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:51 am

Image

The Siol Nan Gaidheal flag.

The Tartan Army won't be happy until that's our official flag.

:dafinger:
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:52 am

_98688568_gettyimages-460738883.jpg
A documentary has been made about legendary football manager Bill Shankly.

Shanks was some man and many people believe, he's responsible for Liverpool being the huge club, they are today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41932500

Image
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:00 am

Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Matt Busby

Image

Another two of the best managers of all time and between them, they managed nearly 2500 games for Man Utd.

Then there was Jock Stein.

The first British manager to win the European Cup.

I was born in the same town as Matt Busby and Big Jock played for my home team and of course Fergie played for Rangers.

Image
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 am

Unlike the Hillsborough, Heysel and Bradford City Disasters, there weren't television cameras to record the horrific events of the Ibrox Disaster in which Sixty-Six Rangers fans died.

There are some photos though and there's Big Jock helping the victims

Image

Jock Stein was a nice man.
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Image

Well that's good news for TJ this Christmas, his lads have the most days off over the Festive Season.

Leicester City will be the busiest team..

They have to play four games between the 23rd of December and the 2nd of January in the space of 213 hours.

Arsenal on the other hand, have 290 hours to play their games.

Which is the equivalent of three days extra rest.

It took 87 days to compete the first eleven games of the season, but the teams in England will have just 47 days to complete the next eleven.
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Dean » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Vicky wrote:Image

Well that's good news for TJ this Christmas, his lads have the most days off over the Festive Season.

Leicester City will be the busiest team..

They have to play four games between the 23rd of December and the 2nd of January in the space of 213 hours.

Arsenal on the other hand, have 290 hours to play their games.

Which is the equivalent of three days extra rest.

It took 87 days to compete the first eleven games of the season, but the teams in England will have just 47 days to complete the next eleven.


Too many boring fucking International breaks Vic!
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 20794
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicky wrote:Image

Well that's good news for TJ this Christmas, his lads have the most days off over the Festive Season.

Leicester City will be the busiest team..

They have to play four games between the 23rd of December and the 2nd of January in the space of 213 hours.

Arsenal on the other hand, have 290 hours to play their games.

Which is the equivalent of three days extra rest.

It took 87 days to compete the first eleven games of the season, but the teams in England will have just 47 days to complete the next eleven.


Too many boring fucking International breaks Vic!


I don't like international breaks Dean, it breaks the momentum.

Rangers won their last two games before that break, we'll probably lose on Saturday now.
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Image

It seems the winner of the Ballon d'Or has been leaked a month before the ceremony takes place and Lionel Messi has been announced as the winner.

That would be the sixth time Lionel has won the award.

Image
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Image

Antonella Messi has also let slip that she's expecting another wee boy and Thiago and Mateo will have a wee brother to play with next year.

:header:
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:57 pm

23561835_533413420364413_7609158161998385927_n.jpg


A Rangers website was asking which of these four would get your vote for Rangers manager.

Wee Del, Graham, Franky or Vanni.

I'm going with wee Del.

Image
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 am

Image

Poor Vam is feeling like a Scot this morning after her lads failed to qualify for the World Cup.

That's the first time since 1958 the Italian lads have missed out on the tournament.

:header:
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 am

Rangers have had a lot of Italian players over the years..

Here's Lorenzo Amoruso. :wubbers:


Image
Last edited by Vicky on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please note Big Amo is with the treble!!
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 am

My personal favourite.

Rino Gattuso :wubbers:

Image

I hope Rino knows if he son Francesco plays football, he'll be playing for Scotland.

Rino's wife is from Glasgow.

Image
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am



Some man, wee Rino.

:wubbers:
Some Will Win, Some Will Lose, Some Were Born To Sing The Blues.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 64029
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am

Vicky wrote:Image

Poor Vam is feeling like a Scot this morning after her lads failed to qualify for the World Cup.

That's the first time since 1958 the Italian lads have missed out on the tournament.

:header:


:yikes: Che DISASTRO, Veeeekee!! Ciao Azzurri... :bawlin:

(I'm sure you get the gist)
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 10473
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests