Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Postby Keyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Lambert wrote:Just finished binge watching Game of Thrones. Can't believe I managed to miss it for so long. What a great show. I choked up when Ygritte died :(

I have the first four series on DVD but have not watched any yet - please no more spoilers as I have managed to avoid most of them until now! :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Lambert » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Oops :mrgreen: To be fair the episode is 3 years old. Better get watching Keyser. If you sign up for the free trial with Now TV you can watch the lot for free. Season 7 starts next month.
Lambert

Postby Keyser » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Lambert wrote:Oops :mrgreen: To be fair the episode is 3 years old. Better get watching Keyser. If you sign up for the free trial with Now TV you can watch the lot for free. Season 7 starts next month.

I might even wait until it's finished and binge watch the lot! :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby megaera » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Lambert wrote:Oops :mrgreen: To be fair the episode is 3 years old. Better get watching Keyser. If you sign up for the free trial with Now TV you can watch the lot for free. Season 7 starts next month.

I can't wait! :hap:
megaera

Postby megaera » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Does anyone know... When you go camping and you can get an electric pitch, do you have to bring a special cable to connect to the electricity point or are they usually provided?
megaera

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 pm

megaera wrote:Does anyone know... When you go camping and you can get an electric pitch, do you have to bring a special cable to connect to the electricity point or are they usually provided?

When I was camping I always carried the requisite cable, they were never provided - I don't recall the cable costing much. Something like this should do it.

http://www.towsure.com/camping-site-mains-supply-unit-3-outlet
McAz

Postby rollup » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 pm

Yes I think you'll find that you have to supply your own electrics or .... buy the plug and cable and socket at an extortionate price from the farm shop.
rollup

Postby Drunk Dalek » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Lambert wrote:Just finished binge watching Game of Thrones. Can't believe I managed to miss it for so long. What a great show. I choked up when Ygritte died :(

Got bored after the first 2 episodes and gave up on it.
Drunk Dalek

Postby Text » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Drunk Dalek wrote:Image

The solstice is upon us. We're on the cusp of switching to shorter days and darker evenings and it will be downhill all the way till Christmas! :bawlin: :bawlin:
Text

Re: Wonderful things happening after the referendum and A50

Postby Text » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 pm

malamute wrote:Just heard from estate agents that I have sold Mums house. It's been on market about 8 weeks and 2 people offered same amount which was £10,000 below original price. We then put it to Best and final bid and one upped his bid by an amazing £30,100. :canny: that is over £20,000 on the original price and I priced that high because I expected to get knocked down. I am really glad I did a fixed price deal with the agents. :Wiiiine!:

Wow. Job done! :Wiiiine!:

When in a house chain there is that magical time in between selling your home and buying the next house up or down the chain, where you suddenly have A LOT of money in your current account. Your bank statement looks so unreal, as if someone's lotto win has been mistakenly credited to your account!! :yikes: It's a short window of time, lasting no more than a week or so, depending on how quickly the others in the chain and their solicitors can shift their ass.
Text

Postby Text » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Guest wrote:Just got back from Blackpool and i'm never going back.

I was walking along the seafront when I saw a man and woman having a shouting match.
The woman then slapped the man around the head and they started to fight.
A policeman showed up but instead of trying to calm it down he started to hit the man with his baton.
Then the guy wrestled the baton off the policeman and started to hit the policeman and his wife.
Then a crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages!

Punch & Judy gone mainstream. Woot!! :canny:
Text

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 am

McAz wrote:
megaera wrote:Does anyone know... When you go camping and you can get an electric pitch, do you have to bring a special cable to connect to the electricity point or are they usually provided?

When I was camping I always carried the requisite cable, they were never provided - I don't recall the cable costing much. Something like this should do it.

http://www.towsure.com/camping-site-mains-supply-unit-3-outlet

That's probably the sort of thing you're going to need.

Unfortunately, there IS a bit more to it...

There are two different types of IP44 plug in common use.
There's a 32 amp version and a 16 amp version and the 32a plug is physically bigger than the 16a plug so they're not compatible with each other.

You probably want to phone up the camp-site and ask if their leccy points use 32a sockets or 16a sockets.

With that done, you can just buy one of these:-

16a plug: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/240V-16A-3Pin ... 0arRbB1HoA

32a plug: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/240V-32A-3Pin ... CteyxpFLgw

and stick it on the end of a suitable extension lead, such as this:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-WAY-10M-CAB ... Sw-QBXPfpQ

Alternatively, I suppose you could just buy one of each of those IP44 plugs, along with the extension lead, and then fit the correct one after you arrive.
If you can fit a plug to a cable, you can fit one of those IP44 plugs.

Also, if you don't like eBay, proper shops like Arco sell the plugs.
Si_Crewe

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 am

It's so hard to talk about without spoilers! But my god it's amazing. And I cannot wait for the next season. There's so many things I'm looking forward, especially a certain snowy guys parentage!
NastyNickers

Postby Vicky » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:31 pm

I saw this a few weeks ago and it just goes to show, that no matter how many times you tell children not to talk to adults, they still do.
Vicky

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Victoria wrote:

I saw this a few weeks ago and it just shows that no matter how many times you say to children not to talk to adults they do.

Difficult to resist a dog - I cant. :dunno:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive