Cancer Drugs And Treatments.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Cancer Drugs And Treatments.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Feline wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Feline wrote:Has anyone looked into the "we live longer" mantra? As I said they add in child mortality that was very high years ago but now it isn't. So that is why it, on the surface, looks like we live longer, but even then its only about 4 /6 years longer.

There seems to be a lot of people here who put their trust into those who stand to gain by having people ill. There is money in illness and money in wars. That is why its not viable to stop/cure either.

Don't just repeat what you heard, go look into it, see who stands to gain.

What era are you basing the "only 4/6 years longer" on? Because we certainly live longer than our ancestors. I'd say child mortality is pretty important anyway.

Honestly, I'm not arsed who gains. I'm arsed who lives. If people earn money from developing a life saving drug, so be it. I don't buy into this whole purposely making us sick business.

100 years ago. I didn't say child mortality isn't important .. only that now it is not common for children under 2 to die these days. So add those children from 100 years ago who did die at very high rates, into the death count and yes it would look like we live a lot longer than we do.

Look at the rise in Autoimmune diseases, chronic diseases, allergies, the list goes on and on. They were not like that when I was young or when my kids were younger. It,s not about people earning money from life-saving drugs, it,s about what the hell is going on, how come so many are ill and dying.
Soon older people will be dying off and the younger ones will never have known what it was like before the 80s and the huge rise in ill health, it will always have been so, and history re-written.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself of something that is wrong. We do live longer. That is a fact. I accept the mean can be being influenced by child mortality, but we can verify it by taking a look at the mode age of death which takes that out of the picture. So with child mortality not influencing the result, the most common lifespan in 1900 is still nearly half of that from 2010.

2010 it was 85 for men and 89 for women.
1900 it was 45 for men and 49 for woman.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 2012-12-17
https://www.soa.org/Library/Monographs/ ... a-clay.pdf

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Guest wrote:Targeting cancer with LSD drug PCPA. Something else to look forward to in the water

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 1/abstract

PCPA induces compulsive sexual activity in animals of several species.

When rabbits were put into the same cage as cats both given PCPA there was an attempt to cross breed.

Yay! LSD In the water! :hap: to go with all the chemo drugs and everything else in the water! :roll: At least this one will give my libido a boost, right?

Personally, I reckon it's pretty great they are finding new things to treat cancer with.
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Feline wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Feline wrote:Has anyone looked into the "we live longer" mantra? As I said they add in child mortality that was very high years ago but now it isn't. So that is why it, on the surface, looks like we live longer, but even then its only about 4 /6 years longer.

There seems to be a lot of people here who put their trust into those who stand to gain by having people ill. There is money in illness and money in wars. That is why its not viable to stop/cure either.

Don't just repeat what you heard, go look into it, see who stands to gain.

What era are you basing the "only 4/6 years longer" on? Because we certainly live longer than our ancestors. I'd say child mortality is pretty important anyway.

Honestly, I'm not arsed who gains. I'm arsed who lives. If people earn money from developing a life saving drug, so be it. I don't buy into this whole purposely making us sick business.

100 years ago. I didn't say child mortality isn't important .. only that now it is not common for children under 2 to die these days. So add those children from 100 years ago who did die at very high rates, into the death count and yes it would look like we live a lot longer than we do.

Look at the rise in Autoimmune diseases, chronic diseases, allergies, the list goes on and on. They were not like that when I was young or when my kids were younger. It,s not about people earning money from life-saving drugs, it,s about what the hell is going on, how come so many are ill and dying.
Soon older people will be dying off and the younger ones will never have known what it was like before the 80s and the huge rise in ill health, it will always have been so, and history re-written.

First, I think it's wonderful that we've now been able to reduce child mortality rates. The guest has explained my thoughts on the lifespan increase.

As for the rise of diseases. I think it's pretty expected that as your ability to diagnose disease increases, so does the rate at which people are diagnosed with them. I'd rather live now with all the advances and treatment options available, than say 100 years ago. I like the fact we can find, diagnose and treat a lot of illnesses. I don't see the huge rise in sudden ill health since the 80's? I mean, history shows me that diseases could wipe out hundreds of thousands of people, like the Black Death. But then I see things that could potentially be devastating, like Ebola, being contained to a certain extent. Medicine is absolutely wonderful. I'd have been dead a few times already without it.
NastyNickers

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms