How to survive a Nuclear Attack!

A right load of bollocks...

How to survive a Nuclear Attack!

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:19 am

PREPARING FOR WAR How you can prepare for World War Three and what to do if there’s a nuclear attack – the official survival guide

Tensions between North Korea and the United States are creating mounting fears of nuclear strikes.
ESCALATING threats between North Korea and the United States are sparking fears nuclear war could be on the horizon.

With Donald Trump vowing to meet more North Korean threats with “power the likes of which the world has never seen” and Kim Jong-un responding with a plan for a nuke attack on the US island of Guam, grim preparations are being made for the horror scenario.

And with the tensions showing no signs of letting up it’s been reported the UK Government is now working on a new alert system to prepare Brits for the horror of a nuclear war.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2163824/w ... val-guide/

Well, lets hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, it's better to be prepared.

What a shit world we live in :shake head: What happened? How could things have gone so bad? Just the idea that we might need these kind of instructions is frightening enough. When did we ever see something like that in our lifetime?
Holly
Site Admin

Re: How to survive a Nuclear Attack!

Postby Vam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 am

A couple of inherently stupid, manchild megalomaniacs, bragging about who has the better 'toys'. I don't believe the rhetoric amounts to more than a heap of shit.

I'm putting my faith in the back-channel deals and face-saving diplomacy almost certainly going on behind the scenes right about now.

Have a fab weekend, Holls :wink:
Vam

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:44 am

Vam wrote:A couple of inherently stupid, manchild megalomaniacs, bragging about who has the better 'toys'. I don't believe the rhetoric amounts to more than a heap of shit.

I'm putting my faith in the back-channel deals and face-saving diplomacy almost certainly going on behind the scenes right about now.

I hope you are right Vam...It certainly is very worrisome knowing that the world is at the mercy of two mad men :ooer:

You have a lovely weekend too :Hiya:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:30 am

Holly wrote:
Vam wrote:A couple of inherently stupid, manchild megalomaniacs, bragging about who has the better 'toys'. I don't believe the rhetoric amounts to more than a heap of shit.

I hope you are right Vam...It certainly is very worrisome knowing that the world is at the mercy of two mad men :ooer:

People of my era and age Holly, lived under the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction every day for decades during the Cold War with Russia and the Warsaw Pact, and things got very hairy on many occasions, yet we're all still here.

Despite what many people think, the use of high yield, nuclear weapons in a war scenario is anathema to even the most unhinged leaders.
Kim maybe more unhinged than most but I think if it came to the crunch and he ordered their use, his military high command staff would stop at the use of them against populated targets.

Even if the worst came to the worst and somehow he did unleash a warhead on Guam, I doubt very much if the Trump and the US would use nuclear weapons in retaliation. America has such a powerful conventional arsenal, that they could flatten North Korea back to the stone age within days.

In all likelyhood, the US might not even get the chance because I believe China and probably Russia too would get in first and put an end to NK, they aren't about to risk a full blown nuclear holocaust anywhere near their doorstep.

So don't worry, we've seen it all before here in Europe, on a potentially much bigger scale, it just doesn't happen despite all the sabre rattling.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 am

I can still remember the public service warnings we were given when I was just a little kid, voiced by a reasonably well known bit part actor it began, 'This is the sound of the air attack warning................when you hear the air attack warning, you and your family must take cover' it was used at the start of Frankie goes to Hollywood's 'Two tribes'

The one you would actually hear after an attack has been launched, is very different and a lot more frightening.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:10 am

Trapper John wrote:
Holly wrote:

People of my era and age Holly, lived under the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction every day for decades during the Cold War with Russia and the Warsaw Pact, and things got very hairy on many occasions, yet we're all still here.

Despite what many people think, the use of high yield, nuclear weapons in a war scenario is anathema to even the most unhinged leaders.
Kim maybe more unhinged than most but I think if it came to the crunch and he ordered their use, his military high command staff would stop at the use of them against populated targets.

Even if the worst came to the worst and somehow he did unleash a warhead on Guam, I doubt very much if the Trump and the US would use nuclear weapons in retaliation. America has such a powerful conventional arsenal, that they could flatten North Korea back to the stone age within days.

In all likelyhood, the US might not even get the chance because I believe China and probably Russia too would get in first and put an end to NK, they aren't about to risk a full blown nuclear holocaust anywhere near their doorstep.

So don't worry, we've seen it all before here in Europe, on a potentially much bigger scale, it just doesn't happen despite all the sabre rattling.

Yes, you are probably right, here's hoping! ...but Trump's Firer and Fury speech did make me shudder a bit tbh.
The thing is, like that guy on the news said ( can't recall his name ) the danger here, is that due to some misunderstanding, an accidental attack could happen.

Anyway, lets see what happens, nothing else we can do about.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 am

@ Holls - I never, ever miss this fabulous guy's show. If you don't laugh, you'd cry. So....go ahead and laugh!

"This whole conflict could be resolved by two hookers, willing to lie"...."Knowing this Administration, the Launch Code is probably 'Password'!" :mrgreen:

Vam

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:33 am

The Sun posting a guide on how to stay safe during a nuclear attack is about as accurate* as their plan of the caves, where Osama Bin Laden was hiding. :gigglesnshit:
*made up shit

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:48 am

Holly wrote: PREPARING FOR WAR How you can prepare for World War Three and what to do if there’s a nuclear attack – the official survival guide

Tensions between North Korea and the United States are creating mounting fears of nuclear strikes.
ESCALATING threats between North Korea and the United States are sparking fears nuclear war could be on the horizon.

With Donald Trump vowing to meet more North Korean threats with “power the likes of which the world has never seen” and Kim Jong-un responding with a plan for a nuke attack on the US island of Guam, grim preparations are being made for the horror scenario.

And with the tensions showing no signs of letting up it’s been reported the UK Government is now working on a new alert system to prepare Brits for the horror of a nuclear war.

What a shit world we live in :shake head: What happened? How could things have gone so bad? Just the idea that we might need these kind of instructions is frightening enough. When did we ever see something like that in our lifetime?

The fact is that there is little that you can do to survive a nuclear attack and hardly any reason why you would want to.

The first wave would be high altitude explosions which would yield an EMP discharge that would wipe out electrical systems and turn communications into chaos. Then military and industrial targets and finally the last wave hitting civilian populations of over 200k.

The lucky ones would be vapourised in the initial blasts, no pain, no realisation. Those further away would be hit by the shockwave and firestorms that will last for weeks, endlessly re-cycling the rain of fallout. These people will not have any help whatsoever, they will die within days from shock, injuries, suicide or radiation sickness. Those further out will still receive near fatal levels of radiation and will linger until they succumb to sickness, disease or starvation. There will be a nuclear winter because of the amount of filth kicked up into the atmosphere, this will include massive amounts of radiation that will take around five weeks to litter every corner of our planet ensuring the slow and agonising death of everyone. In short, you may initially survive but it won't be pleasant or for very long.

Dialogue is needed in the current crisis, ramping up the threats is unhelpful and dangerous. NK does this every April to coincide with US/SK war games in the area and every August to commemorate NK independence. Trump has to try and keep the growing investigation against him out of the news and I believe is deluded enough to start a war to keep it out of the headlines.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 am

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote: PREPARING FOR WAR How you can prepare for World War Three and what to do if there’s a nuclear attack – the official survival guide

The fact is that there is little that you can do to survive a nuclear attack and hardly any reason why you would want to.

The first wave would be high altitude explosions which would yield an EMP discharge that would wipe out electrical systems and turn communications into chaos. Then military and industrial targets and finally the last wave hitting civilian populations of over 200k +.

The lucky ones would be vapourised in the initial blasts, no pain, no realisation. Those further away would be hit by the shockwave and firestorms that will last for weeks, endlessly re-cycling the rain of fallout. These people will not have any help whatsoever, they will die within days from shock, injuries, suicide or radiation sickness. Those further out will still receive near fatal levels of radiation and will linger until they succumb to sickness, disease or starvation. There will be a nuclear winter because of the amount of filth kicked up into the atmosphere, this will include massive amounts of radiation that will take around five weeks to litter every corner of our planet ensuring the slow and agonising of everyone. In short, you may initially survive but it won't be pleasant or for very long.

Dialogue is needed in the current crisis, ramping up the threats is unhelpful and dangerous. NK does this every April to coincide with US/SK war games in the area and every August to commemorate NK independence. Trump has to try and keep the growing investigation against him out of the news and I believe is deluded enough to start a war to keep it out of the headlines.

Holy shoit, you paint a lovely picture :ooer: ...but you're right, who would want to hang around after the worse happened.
Well, lets hope they can solve this crisis peacefully...South Korea doesn't seem to be too worried atm.

Who the fk voted for Trump? :brickwall:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Stooo wrote:......

Snipped to save on scrolling, Stooo. Plus, there's only so much cheer and optimism I can take in one day! :wink:

BIB...I hear you re Russia and deflection tactics to distract attention from the oncoming juggernaut that is Mueller. But even by The Donald's standards, surely that would be one deflection too far?!

And, if it really does go down to the wire, surely to hell this unpredictable, pig ignorant manchild wouldn't (preemptively) be allowed anywhere near the touchpad on a whim, without some handlers around to rein him in - or even stop him dead in his tracks.
Vam

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:55 pm

Vam wrote:
Stooo wrote:......

Snipped to save on scrolling, Stooo. Plus, there's only so much cheer and optimism I can take in one day! :wink:

BIB...I hear you re Russia and deflection tactics to distract attention from the oncoming juggernaut that is Mueller. But even by The Donald's standards, surely that would be one deflection too far?!

And, if it really does go down to the wire, surely to hell this unpredictable, pig ignorant manchild wouldn't (preemptively) be allowed anywhere near the touchpad on a whim, without some handlers around to rein him in - or even stop him dead in his tracks.

Trump's outbursts coincide with the FBI raiding Manafort's home. NK has threatened to target Guam several times and the miniaturisation of their nuclear capability has also been reported several times by the same agency (DIA) and again, this report has not been corroborated. NK has been doing this stuff for decades and only now do we get such a reaction.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Vam wrote:@ Holls - I never, ever miss this fabulous guy's show. If you don't laugh, you'd cry. So....go ahead and laugh!

"This whole conflict could be resolved by two hookers, willing to lie"...."Knowing this Administration, the Launch Code is probably 'Password'!" :mrgreen:

:pmsl:

Yes he's very funny, I like his cynicism and candidness. I watch him too sometimes.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 pm

In the event of a worldwide nuclear attack, I hope I am near to a detonation site and get crisped up immediately. I really don't want to live in a post-nuclear shithole. It should be illegal for any country to have nuclear weapons, including the US.
Nucks

Postby Vam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi! My name is Don, and I'll be your President today! :smilin:

WARNING! off-the-scale Cringe Factor.....Used car salesman The POTUS reassures his fellow American

Vam

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms