Who are the most Discriminated group in our society?

A right load of bollocks...

Who are the most Discriminated group in our society?

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 am

Discriminated against, victimised, reviled and demonised - yes it's the Smoker! - tobacco or vape, it makes no difference.

Before I go any further, I would just like to say that I no longer participate in the tobacco form of recreation and enjoyment, haven't done so for over a year, mostly because I felt it the right time to stop, for myriad personal reasons.

That said, I doubt I could have continued much longer anyway, due to the fact that our society today is controlled by a liberal elite, hell bent on destroying any form of enjoyment the 'underclasses' have, which they don't happen to agree with.

Of course, tobacco smokers are just the ignorant poor who need saving from themselves and they are just the people to do it, even though the methods they use would shame even the most ultra left or right dictatorship and would certainly be outlawed in any society, if used against any other group of people or minority.

This liberal elite has lobbied and cajoled it's way through government after government for decades, persuading them to introduce more and more punitive action and draconian laws, designed to destroy the filthy users of tobacco and wipe them out of existence, all in the name of health and the supposed cost to our society.

I have to say that, 'unusually' they have been very successful in this particular scheme to engineer our society to follow their way of thinking, their normal MO more often than not results in utter disaster, confusion and costly mistakes, at which point they slip away un-noticed, purposely oblivious to the destruction they've caused, to find another scheme they can socially engineer with their considerable influence and attention.

Now, not content with their ongoing success, they are expanding their hateful ideology to encompass electronic smoking, commonly known as 'Vaping' - despite the fact that a 10 year study in America has found that 'vaping' has no harmful affect on the user or indeed third parties, apart from the nicotine derived from using one, as with smoking tobacco, is highly addictive.

Already they have been buoyed up with initial successes, pressuring government to reduce the size of the bottles of liquid you need to vape, you can no longer buy in bulk bottles, only small bottles which are considerably more expensive by comparison. Also, they have lobbied government to reduce the strength of the nicotine content of the liquids, on health grounds they say but really it just makes vaping even more expensive.

Yes, it seems the liberal elite are on a roll with 'smoking' - they appear to have an unnatural hatred and inexplicable aversion to anyone who who derives pleasure from putting a solid object in their mouth - odd really, when you think they are the biggest bunch of cocksuckers our society has ever embraced.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Who are the most Discriminated group in our society?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:50 am

Why don't you smoke anymore?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:23 am

In the vanguard of the liberal elite's campaign to destroy smokers is of course, the metropolitan liberal medical fraternity whose tireless efforts and loud denunciation of the 'evil weed' has led to the removal of the rights and freedoms and allowed the persecution, of a minority group in our society.

In fact, their decades long and often zealous campaigning against tobacco smokers and the dangers they pose to our society, is only matched by the apparent apathy all but a very few show towards that other great 'bane of our society' - Alcohol.

No doubt that is because your average liberal doctor partakes in a tipple or twelve of scotch or vodka to relieve the stresses of the day, not to mention that alcohol, in all it's forms, is the life blood of every liberal elitist and can be found flowing profusely whenever they get together.

Now to my mind, alcohol is every bit as bad for your health and as anti-social as tobacco, if not more, so why the retiscence to demonise it in the same way as they have tobacco?

Why isn't alcohol taxed in parity with tobacco?

Why hasn't the law been changed to have alcohol hidden behind shutters in shops and stores across the country?

Why hasn't alcohol advertising been banned?

Why hasn't government passed laws demanding that all alcohol from wine and beer to absynthe, be bottled in the same dirty green, opaque receptacles?

Why hasn't government passed laws demanding that these containers be liberally plastered with large pictures of people beaten to death by drunks, husbands and wives showing the results of injuries inflicted by their drunken partner, families spread across motorways, victims of drunk drivers, pictures of human livers in sclerosis and other awful maladies caused by alcohol and it's abuse?

Of course the answer is simple, the liberal elite like their alcohol, so if they've given it the OK, therefore it's alright for the rest of us too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 am

True, the liberal elite do like a tipple or ten.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Why don't you smoke anymore?

I know it isn't great for my health and so I am trying to improve it, plus the costs now are astronomical and I've been finding it very hard to justify spending the amount of money on cigarettes that I had been.

Also, I have a grandson who I love very much, who begged me to stop, and also I have a granddaughter on the way, imminently in fact and I would like to see them both grow up for as long as I can, so jumping back on the tobacco cart isn't an option.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:37 am

Trapper John wrote:

I know it isn't great for my health and so I am trying to improve it, plus the costs now are astronomical and I've been finding it very hard to justify spending the amount of money on cigarettes that I had been.

Also, I have a grandson who I love very much, who begged me to stop, and also I have a granddaughter on the way, imminently in fact and I would like to see them both grow up for as long as I can, so jumping back on the tobacco cart isn't an option.

Wise. As long as the liberal elite didn't make you stop.
Its a shame it's addictive,the odd smoke here or there is quite relieving.
You know nicotine is an antidepressant? Maybe people are just opting for something less harmful.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You know nicotine is an antidepressant? Maybe people are just opting for something less harmful.

Nicotine in itself is not dangerous and has no noticeable adverse affect on the body, it just happens to be highly addictive and often comes part and parcel along with things that ain't so nice.

In a way the liberal elite did make me stop because i'm not sure how committed i'd have been if fags had been cheaper, i'll be honest about that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:50 am

It is social engineering and I was gobsmacked how easily people bowed down.
Smoking in the pub and snooker hall ended with the stroke of a pen and I couldn't believe the way we all rolled over.
That was the end of many pubs and snooker halls.
I haven't smoked for years now and don't vape.
I stopped because my grand children came home from school all educated and wised up about the dangers of being a drug addict and I couldn't argue with them in an honest way.
Out of the mouths of babes.
I'm glad I stopped because with the health problems I now have smoking would not be good.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:52 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Nicotine in itself is not dangerous and has no noticeable adverse affect on the body, it just happens to be highly addictive and often comes part and parcel along with things that ain't so nice.

In a way the liberal elite did make me stop because i'm not sure how committed i'd have been if fags had been cheaper, i'll be honest about that.

You could've just cut down/rationed them.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:It is social engineering and I was gobsmacked how easily people bowed down.
Smoking in the pub and snooker hall ended with the stroke of a pen and I couldn't believe the way we all rolled over.
I stopped because my grand children came home from school all educated and wised up about the dangers of being a drug addict and I couldn't argue with them in an honest way.
I'm glad I stopped because with the health problems I now have smoking would not be good.

So it was social engineering for a healthier society.
I'm confused as to why that is such a bad thing.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:It is social engineering and I was gobsmacked how easily people bowed down.

Choice.
My old mans generation more or less all smoked unfiltered fags like Park Drive and Woodbine and lived to a good age without health problems.
I'm convinced the health problems come not from the tobacco but the hundreds of chemicals added for flavour moisture and addiction.
There are chemicals that boost the addiction.
Chemical hooks they're known as.
This didn't start on the scale we ended up with till the seventies.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:04 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Sorry to jump in on this reply, yes a healthy society is good - being forced into it against your will is not.

Thats the thing with 'ultra liberals' and its why I call them that, If they decide something needs to be done they don't care how many civil liberties and freedoms they tread on to do it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:08 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Choice.
My old mans generation more or less all smoked unfiltered fags like Park Drive and Woodbine and lived to a good age without health problems.
I'm convinced the health problems come not from the tobacco but the hundreds of chemicals added for flavour moisture and addiction.
There are chemicals that boost the addiction.
Chemical hooks they're known as.
This didn't start on the scale we ended up with till the seventies.

Yeah the added chemicals certainly make a difference. Tobacco has been smoked for centuries, probably more moderately than modern times. There's certainly something missing in the information we've been fed about it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:11 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Sorry to jump in on this reply, yes a healthy society is good - being forced into it against your will is not.

Thats the thing with 'ultra liberals' and its why I call them that, If they decide something needs to be done they don't care how many civil liberties and freedoms they tread on to do it.

Why stop there? It's the ultra corporatations that concern me more. The ones who have some of our MPs in their back pocket doing their bidding for profits.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Choice.

This.

Trapper John wrote:

And this.

Does Government have the right to take away an individual's autonomy and / or agency and dictate to that person how they should act? Individuals are capable of making up their own minds.

I appreciate that in situations where there are conflicting rights between that of say an adult and a child there can be good arguments for Government intervention but other than that it is hard to justify.
Avon Barksdale

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms