Maybe a good reason for Capital Punishmnet in some cases?

A right load of bollocks...

Maybe a good reason for Capital Punishmnet in some cases?

Postby Trapper John » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:00 am

Despite what some think, I've never been a huge advocator of capital punishment, certainly not in an 'across the board' way but I do sometimes wonder if it isn't the best way for all concerned to deal with people who have committed heinous crimes, in certain circumstances anyway.

Case in point, Michael Adebolajo. As we all know, this individual is serving life for the murder and public decapitation of Lee Rigby in 2013.

Adebolajo is in the process of suing for £25,000 compensation over an injury he sustained whilst in prison in 2013 which left him with two teeth missing and he claims, 'psychological injuries'

Now £25,000, whilst a tidy sum, isn't going punch a huge hole in the country's coffers. It doesn't stop there of course, estimates of at least £100,000 upwards on top, are likely to be expended when the police investigation and legal fees are taken into consideration.

There are many questions that this issue should raise - most from a moral standpoint - but on a purely pragmatic basis, wouldn't it have been better for pretty much all of us, if this individual's life had been extinguished once evidence had clearly proved his guilt?

I don't hold with the 'Martyr' theory, that is just an excuse used by wet liberals in cases like this, history proves there have been few true 'martyrs' to a cause - and a dead martyr is far better than a live piece of shit like Adebolajo, who despite being locked away is still actively fighting against a system he says he hates and using that exact same system to do it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Maybe a good reason for Capital Punishmnet in some cases?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:00 am

I've never been a huge advocator of capital punishment

sure thing...... the rest of your post says othewise

you either agree with it or not - it's not the pick and mix counter
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am

In this case, you also have to wonder who is behind this and who his legal team are? - probably wouldn't be a great leap to find some parasitic HR law firm at the top of the list - I mean they've had their 'war crimes' gravy train pulled out from under them.

If I was the mother of Lee Rigby's child, I would already have my own legal team in place waiting to see if he's successful. If he is, then I'd get them to slap in an immediate injunction, freezing any pay-out, then sue him for that money and any other claims he makes in future on behalf of his child.

I reckon they could win that case.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:15 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

Isn't it? .... surely it is, I mean we live in a country controlled by ultra liberals whose whole philosophy is pick and mix.

and why leave out the piece where I say, 'certainly not across the board'? :dunno:

I think there are still rational people in this country who can tell the difference between someone who has killed in a moment of madness and regrets it and someone who has ritually slaughtered a person in public and still belives he did the right thing.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:20 am

Trapper John wrote:
and why leave out the piece where I say, 'certainly not across the board'? :dunno:

fucking snowflake

I'm not interested in scoring points by omitting parts of posts, don't judge everyone by your own standards - it simply wasn't relevant

out of interest in your scenario are we killing Jo Cox's murderer?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

fucking snowflake

I'm not interested in scoring points by omitting parts of posts, don't judge everyone by your own standards - it simply wasn't relevant

out of interest in your scenario are we killing Jo Cox's murderer?

Me a 'fucking snowflake' :smilin:

I think saying capital punishment 'in certain instances' is absolutely relevent to this argument. :dunno: even though it might not suit you.

As for Jo Cox's murderer, he too could be classed in the same category - you see I'm not coming from any political, racial or religious direction - purely a pragmatic one. Do we know if he has expressed any remorse for his actions? - we know Adebolajo hasn't.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:37 am

Trapper John wrote:

As for Jo Cox's murderer, he too could be classed in the same category - you see I'm not coming from any political, racial or religious direction - purely a pragmatic one. Do we know if he has expressed any remorse for his actions? - we know Adebolajo hasn't.

so as long as you are white and say sorry you can avoid the death penalty

pick and mix indeed

and transparent as hell
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:37 am

No.
The prison population in general are already on his case and will be for the rest of his life.
Let him live in fear of when the next attack will be and what it might consist of next time.
If he's going to die let the cons do it.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 am

HobbitFeet wrote:

WTF? What a stupid thing to say :off head: Of course there are exceptions. I'm usually not for capital punishment either, however, there are cases where certain individuals are better off not being on this earth anymore. Stop being such a fucking critical assehole just for the heck of it :roll: I'm curious, what do YOU suggest would be a fitting punishment for Michael Adebolajo?

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

pick and mix indeed

and transparent as hell

Where exactly did he say that? WTF is the matter with you? Do you think you could manage a debate without getting abusive for no reason? :off head:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 am

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

pick and mix indeed

and transparent as hell

Where exactly did he say that? WTF is the matter with you? Do you think you could manage a debate without getting abusive for no reason? :off head:

One of the main reasons some choose to remain as guest for years is they don't have to stand their ground.
Don't have to back up any point of view they put forward.
One reason many members don't take them seriously.
I agree and disagree probably in equal measure with TJ and say so.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:08 am

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

pick and mix indeed

and transparent as hell

It's how these sorts work, always has been - they hold a view on something yet cannot say exactly why they hold it - so they resort to abuse, usually consisting of accusations of fascism, racism and Nazism against those who have a different view to them.

It's like when someone comes up with say, what benefit has mass immigration been to the ordinary British person - all they can come up with is Curry. So when you laugh at that, you're called all the filthy names under the sun. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

pick and mix indeed

and transparent as hell

One of the main reasons some choose to remain as guest for years is they don't have to stand their ground.

Yes you do Jack, and it's appreciated that you don't do it from inside a paper bag. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:12 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

pick and mix indeed

and transparent as hell

What exactly was wrong with my comment? Whether I'm a guest or a member, what is your objection to what I said? I wasn't abusive, I just asked a couple of questions.

Postby Lambert » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:28 am

I can't take anyone who says "ultra liberal" seriously. Who, specifically, are the 'ultra liberals'? Name names.
Lambert

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms