What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Keyser » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:God knows.

Probably soup or something.


Come on over, I've made shitloads :thumbsup:

Image


That looks great! :grub:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8770
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Nucks » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Tonight it's cheese & onion pasties, sweet potato wedges and beans.
Niiiii!!!!!!!
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:God knows.

Probably soup or something.


Come on over, I've made shitloads :thumbsup:

Image


That looks great! :grub:


Bay leaf out and some fresh basil torn up into it, a bit of turmeric for colour.

Ready in about an hour or so and served with long grain rice :harlyelk:

Cost per portion is around £1.50, easy to freeze and meals for the week, it gives you the excuse for a bit of a creative hobby as well. It certainly beats warming up some soup.

Do it! I'm fine with posting my recipes and tips in this thread, single parents soon learn how to satisfy people with healthy comfort food :thumbsup:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 78773
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Keyser » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:God knows.

Probably soup or something.


Come on over, I've made shitloads :thumbsup:

Image


That looks great! :grub:


Bay leaf out and some fresh basil torn up into it, a bit of turmeric for colour.

Ready in about an hour or so and served with long grain rice :harlyelk:

Cost per portion is around £1.50, easy to freeze and meals for the week, it gives you the excuse for a bit of a creative hobby as well. It certainly beats warming up some soup.

Do it! I'm fine with posting my recipes and tips in this thread, single parents soon learn how to satisfy people with healthy comfort food :thumbsup:


Thanks Stooo - that reminds me I have a spag bol I made in the freezer and that will do for a couple of cracking meals. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8770
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Canary » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Breadcrumbed haddock,
Made some chips from a bag of half price maris pipers, very nice!
User avatar
Canary
 
Posts: 18465
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Keyser » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:38 pm

A chicken cup a soup! :shame:

Living the dream. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8770
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Had a meeting tonight in a pub at 19.15 which went well but buggered up my schedule a bit, so I got some Papa Johns :)
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 78773
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby McAz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Local sausages, bacon, black pudding with plum tomatoes on a fried slice. Coronaries-R-Us.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 24955
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 pm

McAz wrote:Local sausages, bacon, black pudding with plum tomatoes on a fried slice. Coronaries-R-Us.


Maybe tomorrow morning, I think that you peaked early :mrgreen:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 78773
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Vicks » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:02 pm

I can't be arsed having anything, i happen to have to cold from hell and i don't have any appetite.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66745
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Alba.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Canary » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Vicky wrote:I can't be arsed having anything, i happen to have to cold from hell and i don't have any appetite.


Don't ya hate it when that happens!
Smell and taste are strongly linked and if you can't smell the food, you can't taste it either, so you think ... what's the point.
Steam inhalation helps, if you haven't already tried that.
User avatar
Canary
 
Posts: 18465
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Canary » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Well I don't have a cold, so there's nowt wrong with my appetite atm.
I'm stuffing my face good & proper.
Beef sandwiches and lemon cheesecake tonight.
User avatar
Canary
 
Posts: 18465
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Keyser » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:34 pm

These in a couple of large granary baps and plenty of black pepper and Coleman's mustard. :thumbsup:

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland- ... 4g/p/66580
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8770
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Canary » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:04 pm

Thanks for that, Keyser x.
Iceland's a very underrated store.
You will always find little gems dotted around if you look.
User avatar
Canary
 
Posts: 18465
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Keyser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Canary wrote:Thanks for that, Keyser x.
Iceland's a very underrated store.
You will always find little gems dotted around if you look.


Yes Iceland is a cracking store.

I got those burgers half price at £1 as well - and their ready meals and pizzas are always excellent value. :cuppaT:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8770
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests