What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Dean » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Some folks like a pineapple ring to go with gammon.
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 21452
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Dean wrote:Some folks like a pineapple ring to go with gammon.



egg or gammon ring with that

'fuckin both'
User avatar
HobbitFeet
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby McAz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Gammon, mexican rice with a dollop of Reggae Reggae + flatbread with green salad with lemon. :drool:
Last edited by McAz on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 22155
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:52 pm

jra served with pineapple and a fried egg...
a moment on the lips
a lifetime on the hips.....
:mrgreen:
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 15755
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:53 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:Parsley sauce is a classic accompaniment to gammon

not one I'd choose but classic none the less


I didn't know that, like Poka I only ever had it on fish..or over cauli.
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Parsley sauce is a classic accompaniment to gammon

not one I'd choose but classic none the less


I didn't know that, like Poka I only ever had it on fish..or over cauli.



no I wouldn't have it either

my mum was a chef so I just kinda know these things - all those 80's foods like beef olives, kidney turbigo, chicken marengo, I had the dubious honour of trying them all

the only one I loved and still love is black forest gateaux
User avatar
HobbitFeet
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Dean wrote:Some folks like a pineapple ring to go with gammon.


I suddenly feel the sound of fingernails on blackboards ... :ooer:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76925
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Parsley sauce is a classic accompaniment to gammon

not one I'd choose but classic none the less


I didn't know that, like Poka I only ever had it on fish..or over cauli.



no I wouldn't have it either

my mum was a chef so I just kinda know these things - all those 80's foods like beef olives, kidney turbigo, chicken marengo, I had the dubious honour of trying them all

the only one I loved and still love is black forest gateaux


LOL, I never heard of any of the dishes you listed ( except the black forest gateaux ) ...but I will google them.
.. I had a BF once who was a chef and he always did the cooking. To begin with it was fantastic eating all those fancy, posh restaurant meals every day, but the novelty soon wore off and I was starting to crave bangers and mash, a simple stew or just beans on toast.
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Goodwife » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 pm

Dean wrote:Some folks like a pineapple ring to go with gammon.



I am one of those people.

Partial to egg or both like Hobbit.
I know how this works. We're going to try and get into each other's heads, try and unnerve each other. Can I give you a little bit of advice? After the last seven months, I'm vaccinated.
User avatar
Goodwife
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Bella » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Pineapple or parsley sauce for me but not both together :smilin:

Pineapple and gammon always reminds me of Little Chef places you used to get whilst traveling, not sure they exist now. My Mum alwayd did the parsley sauce thing.
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 5501
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Get a whole pineapple, peel it and core it. Stick a couple of pork fillets into the pineapple,then wrap the whole thing in streaky bacon (making a lattice ) and stick it in the oven at 350f for 1hr 30 mins or until cooked. Rest for 10 mins then slice through about 1'' or so thick. serve with rice or your favourite side dish.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:08 am

Guest wrote:Get a whole pineapple, peel it and core it. Stick a couple of pork fillets into the pineapple,then wrap the whole thing in streaky bacon (making a lattice ) and stick it in the oven at 350f for 1hr 30 mins or until cooked. Rest for 10 mins then slice through about 1'' or so thick. serve with rice or your favourite side dish.



I love hearing other people's recipes but that sounds dreadful :yikes:
User avatar
HobbitFeet
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Canucklehead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:18 am

Love gammon with pineapple. :thumbsup:

Might do Caesar salad with some sides tonight. Chicken wings possibly.
Niiiii!!!!!!!
User avatar
Canucklehead
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:59 am

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Poca » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 am

Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Parsley sauce is a classic accompaniment to gammon

not one I'd choose but classic none the less


I didn't know that, like Poka I only ever had it on fish..or over cauli.


Cheese sauce over cauliflower for me...... I'm doing that tonight :thumbsup:
User avatar
Poca
 
Posts: 13032
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Poca » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 am

Guest wrote:Get a whole pineapple, peel it and core it. Stick a couple of pork fillets into the pineapple,then wrap the whole thing in streaky bacon (making a lattice ) and stick it in the oven at 350f for 1hr 30 mins or until cooked. Rest for 10 mins then slice through about 1'' or so thick. serve with rice or your favourite side dish.


Oooh sounds like a nice combo, with some brown or wild rice :grub: .... might have to give that a go :thumbsup:
User avatar
Poca
 
Posts: 13032
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests