What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm

malamute wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:Steak again, with salad.

I have beetroot in the fridge that I'm sick of seeing so might try to use it in some way as a dressing instead of mayo.

years ago we went to malta and we had a lovely yoghourt dip. The chef told me it was just beetroot (diced), natural yoghourt and chopped grapefruit. It was really good and I still make it. Ive even done it with drained tinned grapefruit and its lovely. Obviously its pink but lovely as a dip or on the side with salads and BBQ stuff.

I was hoping someone would help with a recipe. Thank you! I have all of the ingredients so will give it a go, its a big tin of grapefruit though so might replace that with some lemon juice.
Junglejayne

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:41 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:

I have beetroot in the fridge that I'm sick of seeing so might try to use it in some way as a dressing instead of mayo.

I do a thing with beetroot that we have with roast beef, the not pickled cooked beetroot

beetroot, spoon brown sugar, spoon balsamic vinegar, horseradish sauce (couple of spoons to taste) - I don't measure anything though just bung it in

blend and serve at room temp

it's like a cross between a side and a sauce

Sounds delicious, missing a few of the ingredients though but I will remember to try it. :smilin:
Junglejayne

Postby Cleopatra » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:01 pm

A takeaway. Either Indian or Chinese.
Cleopatra

Postby Star » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Star wrote:Low carb chicken curry

I’m making this tomorrow now. I don’t know what’s up with me lately :bawlin:

Ribeye steak and cauliflower cheese
Star

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:02 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
malamute wrote:

years ago we went to malta and we had a lovely yoghourt dip. The chef told me it was just beetroot (diced), natural yoghourt and chopped grapefruit. It was really good and I still make it. Ive even done it with drained tinned grapefruit and its lovely. Obviously its pink but lovely as a dip or on the side with salads and BBQ stuff.

I was hoping someone would help with a recipe. Thank you! I have all of the ingredients so will give it a go, its a big tin of grapefruit though so might replace that with some lemon juice.

Did this and added red onion. Very nice and a great alternative as a dip/side.
Junglejayne

Postby malamute » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
malamute wrote:

Did this and added red onion. Very nice and a great alternative as a dip/side.

Great! Sounds nice with the red onion too. I am going to try Hobbitfeets recipe. :more beer:

I make a nice Mango salsa you might like.

fresh mango, cubed. Chopped red onion, chopped roasted red pepper (in jar from Lidl and actually better than fresh in this case) chopped cucumber, fresh coriander and mint. It is lovely with BBQ, tuna or salmon steaks, jacket spuds etc.
malamute

Postby Gabby » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Mixed meat chow mein :ooer: .... not that great tbh.... my local Chinese I’ve always used have now retired and no one else can do it the same! :thud:
Gabby

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 am

Dahl with salmon & salad :oops:
Junglejayne

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 am

Not sure yet......might take my lovely sister out for lunch after the footy then watch the snooker later..........
Mickyboy

Postby Text » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Keyser wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Looks good - I bet it is excellent for (reasonably) healthy chips! :thumbsup:

As healthy as any other way you do your spuds. And more healthy than my mash, cos I add a fuck ton of butter and Dijon to that :gigglesnshit:

Yeah mash with butter... :drool:

Thinking about it, chips are the only way I do my spuds where I don’t add a fuck ton of butter. :ooer:

Chps are healthier than mash.

Some of you like chips, some like mash.
If you cannot decide, the compromise is fat chips. Those proper fat fookers that M&S does. Or you can make your own.
Gloriously crispy chips on the outside, soft & fluffy on the inside just like mash. Best of both worlds.
Text

Postby Text » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:35 pm

measurer wrote:Just getting everyone to eat the same thing would do for me! :grrrrr:

Hahaha Measurer get them to cook their own if they want something different. They'll learn to tone down their fussiness. :pointlaugh:
Text

Postby malamute » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 pm

Made potato pancakes for tea tonight, lovely with brown sauce.

my late MIL was German and made huge batches of them. Grated potato and onion, beaten egg, S and P. She used to fry hers but I just put the mixture in my toastie machine and they come out like sandwiches. :canny:
malamute

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Today would have been my son’s 22nd birthday, so I’m cooking something he would have liked. Perogies with butter and sautéed onions, dollops of sour cream, and grilled sausages. :wubbers:
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Nucks wrote:Today would have been my son’s 22nd birthday, so I’m cooking something he would have liked. Perogies with butter and sautéed onions, dollops of sour cream, and grilled sausages. :wubbers:

(((Nucks)))
Rockstar

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Nucks wrote:Today would have been my son’s 22nd birthday, so I’m cooking something he would have liked. Perogies with butter and sautéed onions, dollops of sour cream, and grilled sausages. :wubbers:

Sorry to read that.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive