Do you believe in "Life after Death"...?

A right load of bollocks...

Do you believe in "Life after Death"...?

Postby Holly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 am

Nah, not really. I always wanted to, I really did, I always hoped my loved ones would get in touch, but no fucker ever did. So when I think about it now, and when I'm trying to be realistic, I have to say, no, I don't think there's life after death. I don't think there's anything after we die...how sad is that? What a waste of time. What is the point of living then? What is this whole shit about?

How do you guys feel about living and dying?... are you scared?...are you ready?

Morbid, I know, but it's everyone's destiny at the end of the day....so?...how do you all feel about it?
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Do you believe in "Life after Death"...?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:20 am

The point being, we should be kind to one and other help one and other and try to learn as much as we can to leave the world in a better place than when we entered onto it. Leaving memories is all we have. Let's make them good ones.

Postby Holly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:46 am

Guest wrote:The point being, we should be kind to one and other help one and other and try to learn as much as we can to leave the world in a better place than when we entered onto it. Leaving memories is all we have. Let's make them good ones.

Nice post Guest!...You know what?...you are right, we really should be nicer to each other, no point at all being nasty. There really is no pay off at the end. I have been nasty on occasions myself , I still am sometimes tbh :oops: but what does it actually achieve?? Nothing...absolutely nothing...Why do we want to hurt others? Why do some of us feel good about it? How bloody sad is that? ...I'm no exception ...anyway, we all only have ONE life to live, why are we wasting it on trivial shite????
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 am

Saw your thread, and this came to mind....

“We are born with two incurable diseases, life, from which we die, and hope, which says maybe death isn't the end.”

― Andrew M. Greeley
Vam

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:32 am

Guest wrote:The point being, we should be kind to one and other help one and other and try to learn as much as we can to leave the world in a better place than when we entered onto it. Leaving memories is all we have. Let's make them good ones.

:bell:
Post of the month, surely :smilin:

(I'll try! :oops: )
Vam

Postby Trapper John » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Holly, the upside to this question is, yes there is most certainly life after death. :hap:

The downside is, it will be unlikely to have any connection or bear relation to the one we experience now. :bawlin:

Like all living things, we are comprised of both energy and matter. Energy and Matter are industructable, they can be converted or changed into something else, they can never be destroyed.

Now Matter, our bodies in this case, thats easy. Whether buried, cremated or whatever, the matter which makes up your body will remain. At some point in a far future age it will most likely end up in a star to be reused again, it will return back to where it came from.

In fact the matter which comprises your body at this moment in time, could have been part of a myriad other forms before, you are just it's latest incarnation.

Energy Now thats a bit more difficult to explain, unlike matter, energy doesn't have substance in the way we know. Nevertheless it is real, our minds are the product of energy pulsing through our bodies and when our bodies die, that energy is released. A small part remains within the atoms of our matter, the rest is released and thats where things could become theological.

That energy might just dissipate into the universe to become part of the energy which makes it up, or the energy which in part is who we are, our mind, our thoughts, our memories might remain , either way our existence will be as far removed from this one as a single celled amoeba is from us today.

Something people might take some hope from, there are infinite possibilities for the energy we are today, when it leaves the confines of this body.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Someone clever once said: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." That being the case it would foolish to dismiss entirely life after death as we understand it (or life before birth for that matter) albeit it's a most unlikely probability.

Once thing is certain though, and as the old song has it:

Last edited by McAz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Vicky » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm

A lot of people are sceptical about psychic's and think they tell people a load of old crap, but my mum went to see one once and the things the psychic said were eerily accurate.

She got through to my mum's dad and several things he said, could only have come from him.

I mean he kept referring to my mum's mum as "Yer Ma" my Granda was Irish and he always said "Ma" he never said mum.

The woman had never met my mum before, so how could she possibly have known that?
Vicky

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:37 pm

I've always been a bit wishy washy on this. I can't dismiss any kind of life after death, but I find it difficult to buy into what makes us us goes beyond death. So when I die, I think I'll be gone forever. Me, my personality, what make me me. I won't be lingering around being me in another world. Dead. Finished. That's it.

However. I look at life after death as the life you live through your family and loved ones after you've died. So, though my brother is dead, he still 'lives' through us. Since his death my life has changed considerably, because of him, because of his death and because of the way he was during his life. His death also impacted my kids, so in a lesser sense he'll live through them, but more so because of his influences on me.

And I'm just going to stop there because I'm waffling and confusing even myself :pointlaugh:

Edited to add: I did the eulogy at my brothers funeral, and I included snippets of the "a physicists eulogy" quote that lingers on the web.
"no energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed. Not a bit of you is gone, you're just less organised".
Which is pretty much my view on life after death, explains it much better than I can.
Last edited by NastyNickers on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:38 pm

McAz wrote:Someone clever once said: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." That being the case it would foolish to dismiss entirely life after death as we understand it (or life before birth for that matter) albeit it's a most unlikely probability.

Clip won't play on my device, so I Googled the lyrics. Hardly a theme song for the Samaritans, is it?

....bloody hell - shoot me now! :shoot: :mrgreen:
Vam

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:43 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I've always been a bit wishy washy on this. I can't dismiss any kind of life after death, but I find it difficult to buy into what makes us us goes beyond death. So when I die, I think I'll be gone forever. Me, my personality, what make me me. I won't be lingering around being me in another world. Dead. Finished. That's it.

However. I look at life after death as the life you live through your family and loved ones after you've died. So, though my brother is dead, he still 'lives' through us. Since his death my life has changed considerably, because of him, because of his death and because of the way he was during his life. His death also impacted my kids, so in a lesser sense he'll live through them, but more so because of his influences on me.

And I'm just going to stop there because I'm waffling and confusing even myself :pointlaugh:

I think I'll be getting a bit teary-eyed before this thread goes much further :ooer:

Beautiful post, Nic. Of course, we DO live on in the hearts and minds of the people who loved us.
Vam

Postby Trapper John » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm

I have a tip for people when they die, I think it is reinforced by those who say they've had near death experiences.

Get yourself an idea of what your life is going to be like when you die, the lovelier the better and your mind will make you believe it is going to be just like that as you shuffle off this mortal coil ..... right up until the moment the dot disappears in the middle of the screen and blackness and infinity swallows you up.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:Someone clever once said: "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." That being the case it would foolish to dismiss entirely life after death as we understand it (or life before birth for that matter) albeit it's a most unlikely probability.

Clip won't play on my device, so I Googled the lyrics. Hardly a theme song for the Samaritans, is it?

....bloody hell - shoot me now! :shoot: :mrgreen:

Don't google the lyrics to this then. :yikes:

:laughing:
McAz

Postby Vam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:14 pm

In the 15 minutes or so prior to the morphine finally taking hold for the last time, my late husband was staring fixedly at a point somewhere beyond my shoulder, and he had quite a lively conversation with his long-dead Mum.

A one-sided conversation, of course, but he kept asking her stuff and then pausing, as though listening to her replies.
Vam

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Henry the eight was said to be haunted by the wives he murdered while on his death bed, they were meant to be coming for him and he was yelling at them to get away. Conscience. A lot of killers think/are haunted by the victims they murdered, usually through dreams, again it's the conscience coming through loud and clear

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms