My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

A right load of bollocks...

My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 am

I voted to leave the EU for many specific reasons and despite what the europhiles would lead you to believe, immigration wasn't high on my list.

Firstly, I hold a grudge, particularly after I've been lied to. Europhiles whinge on about lies from the Brexiteers - yet say nothing about the biggest lie the people of this country were ever fed, that voting to join a common market would mean just that, and thats all.

Secondly, I've seen first hand what being part of the EU has meant to British Industry and jobs. For 22 years, I watched the British papermaking and printing industry have the life choked out of it by cheap European imports flooding into our country because of the massive subsidies given to their manufacturers by their governments. It was the same story in hundreds of other industries too.

Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.

Lastly, but certainly not finally - If Tony Blair, the man/ traitor who is almost singlehandedly responsible for the destruction of Britain as we knew it, says "The UK must remain in the EU" then I can't think of any better reason than to get out of it as quickly as possible.

These were just a few of the things that made me vote the way I did, but in essence I can't see where being part of the EU for over 40 years has benefitted me whatsoever.
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 31381
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Markey mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am

, immigration want the main reason I voted to leave , I want uk to govern itself, I just felt when I voted at elections , it seem who ever has had my vote , I was voting for a parish council that was govern by Europe
User avatar
Markey mark
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:21 am

I didn't vote because what I was looking at or being offered was two dead ends and I had to choose which one I wanted to travel down.
I couldn't endorse either.
I also didn't believe and still don't that a mostly politically and economically ignorant population should not be asked to make decisions on matters they knew very little about.
We employ people to make these decisions and Cameron bottled it and showed he had no leadership skills.
Worst leader of this country ever.
At the front of the worst government ever.
I'm rather dismayed though that this country instead of leading in Europe has decided to run away.
As usual though I suspect there's more going on here than we the people are being told by our owners the bankers.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:02 pm

So you must be enjoying the collapse of the pound and the prices rises then, and the fact that it's far more expensive to travel abroad now because of that as well?

Ignorant little Englander :shoot:
User avatar
guest
 

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm

guest wrote:So you must be enjoying the collapse of the pound and the prices rises then, and the fact that it's far more expensive to travel abroad now because of that as well?

Ignorant little Englander :shoot:

What a stupid reply!
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
guest wrote:So you must be enjoying the collapse of the pound and the prices rises then, and the fact that it's far more expensive to travel abroad now because of that as well?

Ignorant little Englander :shoot:

What a stupid reply!


Well i wouldn't expect a stoner to understand, you stay out in space :pointlaugh:
User avatar
guest
 

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby wutang » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Trapper John wrote:Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.



I know what you mean..

Image
The problem with Margaret Thatcher quotes is you eventually run out of them cause she's dead."
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 4930
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby megaera » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:17 pm

I voted remain because there were many separate leave factions but no single consensus on what leaving would actually mean.
User avatar
megaera
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Trapper John wrote:I voted to leave the EU for many specific reasons and despite what the europhiles would lead you to believe, immigration wasn't high on my list.

Firstly, I hold a grudge, particularly after I've been lied to. Europhiles whinge on about lies from the Brexiteers - yet say nothing about the biggest lie the people of this country were ever fed, that voting to join a common market would mean just that, and thats all.

Secondly, I've seen first hand what being part of the EU has meant to British Industry and jobs. For 22 years, I watched the British papermaking and printing industry have the life choked out of it by cheap European imports flooding into our country because of the massive subsidies given to their manufacturers by their governments. It was the same story in hundreds of other industries too.

Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.

Lastly, but certainly not finally - If Tony Blair, the man/ traitor who is almost singlehandedly responsible for the destruction of Britain as we knew it, says "The UK must remain in the EU" then I can't think of any better reason than to get out of it as quickly as possible.

These were just a few of the things that made me vote the way I did, but in essence I can't see where being part of the EU for over 40 years has benefitted me whatsoever.


you blame tony blair for carrying on thatcher's and major's policies :pointlaugh:
link to foreign state intervention in cheap paper imports
which potless politicians bar lying farage have jumped on the alleged gravy train?
and errr we are a common market

do you know how border free trade works in the macro economic model?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:46 pm

guest wrote:So you must be enjoying the collapse of the pound and the prices rises then, and the fact that it's far more expensive to travel abroad now because of that as well?

Ignorant little Englander :shoot:


It is the Great British tolerance that allows morons to vote on the basis of lies and made up shit
Cunts like Jon Gaunt lying for 4 hours about the EU on TalkCrap
He got a payout from a previous employer thanks to EU legislation :whistle:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Keyser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:56 pm

I voted remain because the advantages of stating in far outweighed being an outsider - we do not run the world anymore and it is not the late 19th century.

Plus I did not believe in obvious bullshit like this.

Image
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7661
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Markey mark wrote:, immigration want the main reason I voted to leave , I want uk to govern itself, I just felt when I voted at elections , it seem who ever has had my vote , I was voting for a parish council that was govern by Europe


immigration is important to the uk
who's gonna pay your pension
we govern ourself
you thought that voting in the UK elections is akin to voting in a parish council :offhead:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 am

guest wrote:So you must be enjoying the collapse of the pound and the prices rises then, and the fact that it's far more expensive to travel abroad now because of that as well?

Ignorant little Englander :shoot:


You've just about confirmed everything I believed about remainers/ europhiles in one simple post. :thumbsup:

Difficult as it must be for you to believe, Britain isn't made up of 68 million middle class liberals who can afford 3 foreign holidays a year and to send their precious little offspring galavanting around the world on gap years between their media studies courses at uni and a 3 year wait to get on the BBC gravy train. :roll:

The vast majority of people in this country couldn't give a flying fuck if the costs of travelling and being abroad will affect metropolitan liberal Mummsy and Daddsy, little Georgie and Samantha, most are just trying to survive from day to day. Complaining about paying a pound for a cup of tea half way up a Himalayan mountain garners little sympathy amongst the great unwashed..... Yeah! shocking eh?

You see the EU is geared up for the likes of you and them, the selfish and entitled who believe everything should be engineered to ensure they get the best that is going. Of course that doesn't conflict with their faux liberal philosophy, there will always be some crumbs dropping off the table for the masses to scramble after, they might even flick some on the floor on purpose to make them feel good, of course thats only when and if they have everything they want first.

For working class Britons, the EU has been and will always be a disaster, one that is designed to keep the masses engaged in a life struggle whilst the rich control and laud it from above. The liberal middle classes are just their lackies used to keep a barrier between them and the vermin, kept onside with a regular supply of juicy bones and the promise of more to come.

I am a 'little englander' a phrase used wrongly as an insult. I'm all for a strong Britain that keeps itself well clear of Imperialism and the associated dead weight it drags along with it, in this day and age. Britain doesn't need a federated EU crutch to help it along, despite the best efforts of cunts like Blair to turn us into a nation of the needy.

We are 'Great Britian' not just in the geographical sense but because we became strong without outside interference.
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 31381
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 am

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:, immigration want the main reason I voted to leave , I want uk to govern itself, I just felt when I voted at elections , it seem who ever has had my vote , I was voting for a parish council that was govern by Europe


immigration is important to the uk
who's gonna pay your pension
we govern ourself
you thought that voting in the UK elections is akin to voting in a parish council :offhead:


Of course we need immigration, the right sort of immigration, the immigration we were supposed to get.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that 10 million people turning up on mass, one third of whom are illegal and not registered to pay anything into the coffers, one third who work and stay here just long enough each year to avoid paying any taxes whatsoever and one third who don't do anything except claim every benefit this country is obliged to give them under EU laws, are going to pay my pension.

Make a case for them if you can. :dunno:
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 31381
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 am

megaera wrote:I voted remain because there were many separate leave factions but no single consensus on what leaving would actually mean.


Are you old enough to remember voting for the 'common market?' - I am and as a green teenager swallowed all the lies and bollocks we were fed.

There was a concensus then, it was that 'A far more easily accessible market of hundreds of millions of people can only be a good thing for Britain'

I can't remember ever being told that "Of course, you must understand that this will lead to a federated Europe where the people of Britain will become inconsequential cogs in a massive machine run by a non elected elite who just 25 years earlier, tried to wipe us off the face of the Earth." do you?
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 31381
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Odessa Steps and 10 guests