My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 am

wutang wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.

I know what you mean..

Well I wasn't thinking so much about a few expenses here and there, I was thinking more like this lot who's Labour credentials appeared to evaporate the moment they jumped on the Eurostar.

Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby wutang » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 am

Trapper John wrote:
wutang wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.

I know what you mean..

Well I wasn't thinking so much about a few expenses here and there, I was thinking more like this lot who's Labour credentials appeared to evaporate the moment they jumped on the Eurostar.

farage has gourged himself on more than few expenses. Several million to be precise.

He fits the failed politician bill though - stood for uk parliament 7 times and lost them all
wutang

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I voted to leave the EU for many specific reasons and despite what the europhiles would lead you to believe, immigration wasn't high on my list.

Firstly, I hold a grudge, particularly after I've been lied to. Europhiles whinge on about lies from the Brexiteers - yet say nothing about the biggest lie the people of this country were ever fed, that voting to join a common market would mean just that, and thats all.

Secondly, I've seen first hand what being part of the EU has meant to British Industry and jobs. For 22 years, I watched the British papermaking and printing industry have the life choked out of it by cheap European imports flooding into our country because of the massive subsidies given to their manufacturers by their governments. It was the same story in hundreds of other industries too.

Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.

Lastly, but certainly not finally - If Tony Blair, the man/ traitor who is almost singlehandedly responsible for the destruction of Britain as we knew it, says "The UK must remain in the EU" then I can't think of any better reason than to get out of it as quickly as possible.

These were just a few of the things that made me vote the way I did, but in essence I can't see where being part of the EU for over 40 years has benefitted me whatsoever.

you blame tony blair for carrying on thatcher's and major's policies :pointlaugh:
link to foreign state intervention in cheap paper imports
which potless politicians bar lying farage have jumped on the alleged gravy train?
and errr we are a common market

do you know how border free trade works in the macro economic model?

I probably know more about running businesses in a European arena than you will ever know.

Why would I need to "link to foreign state intervention in cheap paper imports" I saw it first hand, didn't read it out of any comic, hence the title of the thread 'My reasons for voting the way I did'

I saw great paper makers like Bowaters, Wiggins Teape, John Dickinson, St Regis and many other large and small operations either go to the wall or frantically try to reinvent themselves against a backdrop of European papermakers from Scandinavia, Holland, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, invading the UK with paper produced in mills where the power supplies were either mostly or entirely subsidised by their governments to make them competitive, something which wasn't supposed to be allowed in any of the European incarnations.

All eventually folded, either as a whole or after Europeans took them over, cherry picked what they wanted and disgarded the rest. The same happened with the wholesale paper merchants. A £5 billion industry of large and small merchants went exactlty the same way.

This British industry employed tens of thousands of British workers either directly or indirectly, it's all gone now to all intents and purposes as a direct consequence of joining the European Union. Our motor industry and many others have followed suit for the same reasons.

None of that matters of course, it pales into insignificance when placed against the dreadful fact that liberal europhiles are having to pay a bit more for their three foreign holidays a year and the exchange rate is playing havoc with their spending plans. :grrrrr:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:30 am

wutang wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
wutang wrote:

I know what you mean..

farage has gourged himself on more than few expenses. Several million to be precise.

He fits the failed politician bill though - stood for uk parliament 7 times and lost them all

And Labour hero Kinnock doesn't? :roll: ..... At least Farage didn't make a secret of it and his greed is insignificant when compared to the Kinnock's gluttony. Scurry off to Brussels with their tails between their legs as Welsh paupers, emerge from the European chrysalis many years later as Lord and Lady muck with a fortune equal to that of any Tory. :shake head:

And don't get me started on Mandelson, though not exactly a pauper when he waddle off to Europe but his short spell there enriched him enormously, including a nice fat pension dependent on his continued promotion of the EU philosophy.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I voted to leave the EU for many specific reasons and despite what the europhiles would lead you to believe, immigration wasn't high on my list.

Firstly, I hold a grudge, particularly after I've been lied to. Europhiles whinge on about lies from the Brexiteers - yet say nothing about the biggest lie the people of this country were ever fed, that voting to join a common market would mean just that, and thats all.

Secondly, I've seen first hand what being part of the EU has meant to British Industry and jobs. For 22 years, I watched the British papermaking and printing industry have the life choked out of it by cheap European imports flooding into our country because of the massive subsidies given to their manufacturers by their governments. It was the same story in hundreds of other industries too.

Thirdly, I watched politicians, mostly failed ones jump on the EU gravy train virtually potless, only to step off again years later, richer than fucking Croesus.

Lastly, but certainly not finally - If Tony Blair, the man/ traitor who is almost singlehandedly responsible for the destruction of Britain as we knew it, says "The UK must remain in the EU" then I can't think of any better reason than to get out of it as quickly as possible.

These were just a few of the things that made me vote the way I did, but in essence I can't see where being part of the EU for over 40 years has benefitted me whatsoever.

you blame tony blair for carrying on thatcher's and major's policies :pointlaugh:
link to foreign state intervention in cheap paper imports
which potless politicians bar lying farage have jumped on the alleged gravy train?
and errr we are a common market

do you know how border free trade works in the macro economic model?

I probably know more about running businesses in a European arena than you will ever know.

Why would I need to "link to foreign state intervention in cheap paper imports" I saw it first hand, didn't read it out of any comic, hence the title of the thread 'My reasons for voting the way I did'

I saw great paper makers like Bowaters, Wiggins Teape, John Dickinson, St Regis and many other large and small operations either go to the wall or frantically try to reinvent themselves against a backdrop of European papermakers from Scandinavia, Holland, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, invading the UK with paper produced in mills where the power supplies were either mostly or entirely subsidised by their governments to make them competitive, something which wasn't supposed to be allowed in any of the European incarnations.

All eventually folded, either as a whole or after Europeans took them over, cherry picked what they wanted and disgarded the rest. The same happened with the wholesale paper merchants. A £5 billion industry of large and small merchants went exactlty the same way.

This British industry employed tens of thousands of British workers either directly or indirectly, it's all gone now to all intents and purposes as a direct consequence of joining the European Union. Our motor industry and many others have followed suit for the same reasons.

None of that matters of course, it pales into insignificance when placed against the dreadful fact that liberal europhiles are having to pay a bit more for their three foreign holidays a year and the exchange rate is playing havoc with their spending plans. :grrrrr:

The coal mines were similar.
Europe especially Germany subsidised every ton while we subsidised none.
The British miner dug out more per man than everywhere else but still couldn't compete against subsidised coal.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Self interest and money predominantly.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Trapper John wrote:
wutang wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
wutang wrote:

I know what you mean..

And Labour hero Kinnock doesn't? :roll: ..... At least Farage didn't make a secret of it and his greed is insignificant when compared to the Kinnock's gluttony. Scurry off to Brussels with their tails between their legs as Welsh paupers, emerge from the European chrysalis many years later as Lord and Lady muck with a fortune equal to that of any Tory. :shake head:

And don't get me started on Mandelson, though not exactly a pauper when he waddle off to Europe but his short spell there enriched him enormously, including a nice fat pension dependent on his continued promotion of the EU philosophy.

The Kinnocks like the Blairs are not Labour heroes by any stretch of the imagination.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:38 pm

My main reaso for wanting out was to get all the useless scrounging forunuz kicked out and the savings going to our own who are in need.
Major
Twat.

Postby megaera » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:
megaera wrote:I voted remain because there were many separate leave factions but no single consensus on what leaving would actually mean.

Are you old enough to remember voting for the 'common market?' - I am and as a green teenager swallowed all the lies and bollocks we were fed.

There was a concensus then, it was that 'A far more easily accessible market of hundreds of millions of people can only be a good thing for Britain'

I can't remember ever being told that "Of course, you must understand that this will lead to a federated Europe where the people of Britain will become inconsequential cogs in a massive machine run by a non elected elite who just 25 years earlier, tried to wipe us off the face of the Earth." do you?

It was a few years before I was born.
megaera

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:14 pm

My reasons for voting were because I'm an ardent federalist and a liberal. :twirl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:21 pm

megaera wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
megaera wrote:I voted remain because there were many separate leave factions but no single consensus on what leaving would actually mean.

Are you old enough to remember voting for the 'common market?' - I am and as a green teenager swallowed all the lies and bollocks we were fed.

There was a concensus then, it was that 'A far more easily accessible market of hundreds of millions of people can only be a good thing for Britain'

I can't remember ever being told that "Of course, you must understand that this will lead to a federated Europe where the people of Britain will become inconsequential cogs in a massive machine run by a non elected elite who just 25 years earlier, tried to wipe us off the face of the Earth." do you?

It was a few years before I was born.

That is indeed fortunate for you, as you haven't had to go 40+ years weighed down by the guilt of having added your mark to what was effectively a death warrant to British workers and jobs.

Knowing you were lied to has never assuaged that feeling.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Self interest and money predominantly.

At last an honest man, well done sir.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Kinnocks like the Blairs are not Labour heroes by any stretch of the imagination.

Sorry Jack you can't pick and choose. If they tarred themselves with the Labour brush then Labour they are.

Just like 'tighten your belts' Dennis Healey when he told us of hard times ahead, from a winged backed leather chair in front of a roaring log fire on his 30 acre £3 million smallholding in the late 70's
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Your posting history suggests it was very high on your list. Why play it down now?
Immigration was high on most leavers list, it was all they talked about for months, but seeing the holy hell of hate it unleashed has made a lot of them backtrack.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Once Britain was a rabble of warring tribal kingdoms - but over time a political and commercial union developed to the benefit of all. No doubt the primitives of the day opposed that too.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms