My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: My reasons for voting the way I did. What were yours?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:29 pm

McAz wrote:Once Britain was a rabble of warring tribal kingdoms - but over time a political and commercial union developed to the benefit of all. No doubt the primitives of the day opposed that too.

Good point.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Text » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I voted to leave the EU for many specific reasons and despite what the europhiles would lead you to believe, immigration wasn't high on my list.

Your posting history suggests it was very high on your list. Why play it down now?
Immigration was high on most leavers list, it was all they talked about for months, but seeing the holy hell of hate it unleashed has made a lot of them backtrack.

You've probably seen this classic, LM. The caller to the chat show must literally be one of the most clueless brexiteers in Britain. He's self employed and he seems like a genuinely nice guy - not aggressive or anything, but my god he is cluelessness personified.

James O'Brien's brilliant deadpan ripostes & poker face add the exquisite finishing touches. :rofl:

Text

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:46 pm

Because I can

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Canary wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I voted to leave the EU for many specific reasons and despite what the europhiles would lead you to believe, immigration wasn't high on my list.

Your posting history suggests it was very high on your list. Why play it down now?
Immigration was high on most leavers list, it was all they talked about for months, but seeing the holy hell of hate it unleashed has made a lot of them backtrack.

You've probably seen this classic, LM. The caller to the chat show must literally be one of the most clueless brexiteers in Britain. He's self employed and he seems like a genuinely nice guy - not aggressive or anything, but my god he is cluelessness personified.

James O'Brien's brilliant deadpan ripostes & poker face add the exquisite finishing touches. :rofl:

:pmsl: Oh dear.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:53 pm

The taking back control thing gets me.
What control did anyone on this forum or even anyone at the polling booth ever have over the making of traffic laws?
The standardising of electrical equipment and so on.
Step up any of you who ever had any control.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
guest wrote:So you must be enjoying the collapse of the pound and the prices rises then, and the fact that it's far more expensive to travel abroad now because of that as well?

Ignorant little Englander :shoot:

What a stupid reply!

Well to be honest we were more informed about the Scottish referendum then we were about Brexit. The reason we voted our government in was because we expect them to make important decisions about our country, not ask a massive bunch of people where do they think our preference should be regarding all aspects of our association within Europe.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Canary wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Tbf, I think a lot of us were clueless to what Brexit really meant but people latched on to sound bites, false promises and blatant lies.
I'm for breaking away from the Eu hold on the one hand but the way it was done, playing on people's prejudices was sickening and ugly.
Lady Murasaki

Postby guest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:37 am

Canary wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

You are clueless personified you stroppy little madam :pointlaugh:

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:54 am

McAz wrote:Once Britain was a rabble of warring tribal kingdoms - but over time a political and commercial union developed to the benefit of all. No doubt the primitives of the day opposed that too.

I think the primitives of the day were opposed to an oppressive regime whose history was one of subjugation and self interest - and why not?

Being told we offer you Pax Romana but it will only extend to those who become our client kingdoms, puppet regimes who do exactly what we say and give us everything we want is hardly a 'political and commercial union for the benefit of all.'

Unwittingly, you have chosen an excellent parallel. There are always groups who will accept pretty much anything that is forced upon them if they can see a benefit for themselves, it starts at not being killed and ends with personal financial gain.

Of course, like all 'commercial unions' based on one power holding the upperhand, taking the best and lions share, people become disillusioned as their 'saviours' hold becomes ever stronger and theirs ever weaker, in effect they become little more than slaves.

Eventually, as history proved, even in the client states that disillusionment turned to anger and unrest culminating in the expulsion of these oppressors along with the supposed benefits they offered.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:07 am

Canary wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

What a dozy, shallow bitch you are. :shake head:

Wallowing in amusement at a professional radio pundit crammed up with pre planned responses which would have taken many hours if not days to formulate, tongue tying an off the cuff caller with no media experience or clue about how these things are engineered, then passing it off as an example of a typical Brexit voter.

Of course that is always supposing the bloke on the end of the line was a genuine caller and not a stooge lined up by either the radio station or other interested parties to give the impression they required. :hand:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:

What you mean is, the posting history you choose to highlight for your purposes might suggest that. :thumbsup:

In fact I am very much more than and not even the EDL,NF, BDL racist, xenophobe, misogynist, homophobe, bigot I am often accused of being on here because my viewpoint doesn't always fit the one which we have been drip fed and even forced to accept by laws.

I realise that having concern for other British people isn't the fashionable thing to do but putting self interest at the expense of others might be par for the course for some people (lots by the look of it) but it isn't something that sits easy with me and thats just the way I am, admittedly it has sometimes been to my personal detriment.

As far as immigration goes, no-one will ever convince me that opening our doors to more than 10million foreigners from every corner of the world in such a small space of time and without even the slightest planning or thought to the impact it will have on the British people and their lives, is good thing and something we should celebrate.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

I voted leave, for a lot of different reasons.
But mostly because I couldn't really get into the remain campaign. I tried to, but I think we need change, and it was a lot of staying the same.
NastyNickers

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:02 am

Here are just some of the job losses British industries have incurred since joing the EU. Of course not all of them can be blamed solely on the EU but less trade restrictions and EU countries allowed to personally 'massage' their industries where it suited, cost the UK dearly.

The first figure is the job totals upto the end of the first decade of 'European togetherness' or as someone else put it, 'The commercial union developed to the benefit of all' the second figure is job totals upto the end of 2015.

Textiles: 406,000 - 56,000 / Car Manufacturing: 492,000 - 126,000 / Basic Metal production: (incl. Steel) 386,000 - 71,000 /Coal Mining: 175,000 - 17,000 / Farming: 342,000 - 200,000 / Transport manufacturing: (ships, trains and planes) 270,000 - 132,000/ Metal mining: (tin, copper etc.) 74,000 - 22,000 / Fishing: - 17,000 - 8,000.

The 'good news' is that Retail, Food and Drink has brought 1.6million new jobs in that same time, proving two important things.

1. That some sections of society have benfitted from EU membership allowing them to spend on luxuries like food, clothes and drink.

2. That a huge market has been opened up for the unskilled, cheap labour of Europe and the rest of the world to take advantage of.

Another interesting point this highlights is that in the areas where the most devestation from job losses occurred in industries 'specific' or 'traditional' to those areas such as cars, mining, fishing and agriculture (primarily the Midlands, North, NE & SW) voted heavily for Brexit, whilst the more affulent South predomiantly voted remain, areas where the growth of service industries and jobs is strongest.

So you see, at best being part of the EU has done fuck all for most of us, at worst it has actively destroyed British industry and jobs and opened up a whole new market to satisfy the beggar states of an expanding European federation.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:27 am

Trapper John wrote:Here are just some of the job losses British industries have incurred since joing the EU. Of course not all of them can be blamed solely on the EU but less trade restrictions and EU countries allowed to personally 'massage' their industries where it suited, cost the UK dearly.

The first figure is the job totals upto the end of the first decade of 'European togetherness' or as someone else put it, 'The commercial union developed to the benefit of all' the second figure is job totals upto the end of 2015.

Textiles: 406,000 - 56,000 / Car Manufacturing: 492,000 - 126,000 / Basic Metal production: (incl. Steel) 386,000 - 71,000 /Coal Mining: 175,000 - 17,000 / Farming: 342,000 - 200,000 / Transport manufacturing: (ships, trains and planes) 270,000 - 132,000/ Metal mining: (tin, copper etc.) 74,000 - 22,000 / Fishing: - 17,000 - 8,000.

The 'good news' is that Retail, Food and Drink has brought 1.6million new jobs in that same time, proving two important things.

1. That some sections of society have benfitted from EU membership allowing them to spend on luxuries like food, clothes and drink.

2. That a huge market has been opened up for the unskilled, cheap labour of Europe and the rest of the world to take advantage of.

Another interesting point this highlights is that in the areas where the most devestation from job losses occurred in industries 'specific' or 'traditional' to those areas such as cars, mining, fishing and agriculture (primarily the Midlands, North, NE & SW) voted heavily for Brexit, whilst the more affulent South predomiantly voted remain, areas where the growth of service industries and jobs is strongest.

So you see, at best being part of the EU has done fuck all for most of us, at worst it has actively destroyed British industry and jobs and opened up a whole new market to satisfy the beggar states of an expanding European federation.

Spot on post. BTW it was my first vote and I voted NOT to join the Common Market, my view has not changed. I also deeply resent the accusations of racism/bigotry aimed at the majority of perfectly rational and educated people who voted leave.
Not joining the Eurozone was a smart move as far as I am concerned. What happened to Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Eire was absolutely disgusting. Whole swathes of most of those counties are in the hands of Germans. They moved in over ran them and subjugated them fiscally. Thank God it didn't happen here. We were fine before we joined and we will be fine once we get the hell out.

Postby McAz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

Post after post of bitterness and bile, TJ - you don't sound like you're on the winning side. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms