It's A Wonder Any Of Us Are Alive Today

A right load of bollocks...

Re: It's A Wonder Any Of Us Are Alive Today

Postby Bella » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 pm

I was thinking when I was young I used to climb trees very high when we were free to roam and had no fear, now I can't cope with heights at all and get all angsty near cliffs, heights etc. Is it an age thing? :ooer:
Bella

Postby Bella » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm

I Never had the need to sterilise any bottles ever :smilin:
Bella

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Bella wrote:I was thinking when I was young I used to climb trees very high when we were free to roam and had no fear, now I can't cope with heights at all and get all angsty near cliffs, heights etc. Is it an age thing? :ooer:

More a reality thing I think.
When you're young it's a different reality where you're going to live forever you're almost bullet proof.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Bella wrote:I was thinking when I was young I used to climb trees very high when we were free to roam and had no fear, now I can't cope with heights at all and get all angsty near cliffs, heights etc. Is it an age thing? :ooer:

More a reality thing I think.
When you're young it's a different reality where you're going to live forever you're almost bullet proof.

I think it is some sort protection mode you get when you have children. Parents in my day let us out to play for hours on end, unsupervised too. Now that would be very frowned upon today.
Bella

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:21 am

I just found out something which goes against everything I was brought up to believe.

For ever we were told that you must finish your course of antibiotics even if you think the problem has gone.

I was told it is important to finish the course for numerous reasons but most importantly, if you don't and the affliction returns, the liklihood is that the bacteria causing it will have become immune to that antibiotic and you'd have to be treated with another.

As there are a finite types of antibiotics available it's best to keep the usage of them to a minimum.

Now that always sounded reasonable and logical to me, but now I understand that the advice given by the medical profession is to stop taking antbiotics the moment the symptons appear to clear up, regardless of whether you still have antibiotics left.

I mean WTF :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms