Our Pets

A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:Oh I forgot to post my personality, here it is :mrgreen:

Big personality, small body! You might look feisty, but you’re one of the most relaxed ones out there. It takes a lot to ruffle your feathers, and you’ve got great advice to offer. People gravitate toward your cool, fun, and understated personality!

Go ahead and continue being the king or queen of calm. No stress!


Sorry DS people for derailing your thread for a bit ...thread will get back to normal shortly :pmsl:


The one I looked at puts you with a Great Pyrenees

Image

'When not provoked it's calm and well mannered'

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/lifestyle/pet ... U#image=16



Now that's more like it :wubbers: ...although they grow to the size of a cow I believe :ooer:


Lol, more to love. :wubwub:
More or less.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 17362
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Kizzie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Vicky wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

I'm a Newfie too! I also have a Newfie. She's 12 stone of absolute love. Bloody wonderful dogs.


Nicks what's her daily diet?


She's on raw now, but 1.2kg a day over 2 servings.
On dry food it was about 2kg a day, and wet food two of the big tins a day.

The cat actually costs more to feed than the dog though :gigglesnshit:



This website is brilliant for raw food, their own brand 4.5kg boxes are fantastic, my boys all love it

http://www.rawpetsupplies.co.uk/

I actually started a thread on raw feeding on DS when I was new to it, but I think it was a bit squeamish for the delicates of DS :mrgreen:



Im lucky enough to have a raw food place not far from me. I started a thread on DS about wild rabbit and only got one reply and that was a bit of a telling off :oops:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... bit#latest
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Foxy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 am

There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.
I'm no angel and I know it.
User avatar
Foxy
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am

Holly wrote:
Vam wrote:That was a laugh....Boston Terrier :doggy:

Big personality, small body! You may look feisty, but you're one of the most relaxed ones out there. It takes a lot to ruffle your feathers, and you’ve got great advice to offer. People gravitate toward your cool, fun, and understated personality!
Go ahead and continue being the king or queen of calm. No stress!




Same as me :cheers:


Yep - that figures :wink: :Wiiiine!: what's your zodiac sign dog?

Gemini - Golden Retriever
Friendly and intelligent, Golden Retrievers will keep a Gemini entertained....and a playful Retriever will ensure that not a single moment is dull

Oops - better not tell my two Working Cockers that! :bawlin: :bawlin:
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 10947
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Kizzie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am

Foxy wrote:There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.


I have a butcher near me who sells 5kg bags of waste for £2. Totally forgot I had bought and bagged up 3 of his bags in my freezer. Thank you for reminding me

I also go to morrisons for bones as make huge pots of bone broth for me and the animls.
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:03 am

Foxy wrote:There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.



sadly it's much harder with cats, they need a far more complex cocktail of ingredients than dogs, they can't manufacture their own taurine so need a supplement, I add taurine powder and omega oils to a 80-10-5-5 rough chop mince and hopefully they get what they need, it's not so important for the other two as they eat Iams/Canin in addition to raw so get what they need from that, but the monster in my Avvie eats exclusively raw

I also mix it up a bit with cheap white fish, sardines, and bone in chicken portions
User avatar
HobbitFeet
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Vicky wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

I'm a Newfie too! I also have a Newfie. She's 12 stone of absolute love. Bloody wonderful dogs.


Nicks what's her daily diet?


She's on raw now, but 1.2kg a day over 2 servings.
On dry food it was about 2kg a day, and wet food two of the big tins a day.

The cat actually costs more to feed than the dog though :gigglesnshit:



This website is brilliant for raw food, their own brand 4.5kg boxes are fantastic, my boys all love it

http://www.rawpetsupplies.co.uk/

I actually started a thread on raw feeding on DS when I was new to it, but I think it was a bit squeamish for the delicates of DS :mrgreen:


I've never actually seen such big boxes! It's usually little 500g tubs. I'll have to have a gands and price up.
I use a mixture of a local(ish) supplier and a couple of butchers. I remember starting, and I couldn't even open half the shit without heaving, a year later and I have no issues shoving my fingers up eosophagus to stuff it with meat.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 am

Vam wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vam wrote:That was a laugh....Boston Terrier :doggy:

Big personality, small body! You may look feisty, but you're one of the most relaxed ones out there. It takes a lot to ruffle your feathers, and you’ve got great advice to offer. People gravitate toward your cool, fun, and understated personality!
Go ahead and continue being the king or queen of calm. No stress!




Same as me :cheers:


Yep - that figures :wink: :Wiiiine!: what's your zodiac sign dog?

Gemini - Golden Retriever
Friendly and intelligent, Golden Retrievers will keep a Gemini entertained....and a playful Retriever will ensure that not a single moment is dull

Oops - better not tell my two Working Cockers that! :bawlin: :bawlin:


Mine is the Great Pyrenees dog.

...A Great Pyrenees is a strong dog with a beautiful, thick coat. When not provoked, it is calm and well-mannered, but it may try to dominate a timid owner. This makes the dog a perfect match for Scorpios, who are usually outgoing and masterful.

Btw, I have a poodle girl, till last year I had two of them :cry:
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Foxy wrote:There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.



sadly it's much harder with cats, they need a far more complex cocktail of ingredients than dogs, they can't manufacture their own taurine so need a supplement, I add taurine powder and omega oils to a 80-10-5-5 rough chop mince and hopefully they get what they need, it's not so important for the other two as they eat Iams/Canin in addition to raw so get what they need from that, but the monster in my Avvie eats exclusively raw

I also mix it up a bit with cheap white fish, sardines, and bone in chicken portions


Yeah my cat flatly refuses raw. He'll rob my toast from my plate, or shove his head in the kids bowl of cereal, but will not entertain raw whichever way I give it him. I tried starving him hoping he'll get desperate and eat it, but nope, he decided he was going to eat his litter instead :roll:

@Vam. Newfies are absolutely wonderful! My fave breed. I don't know anyone who hasn't fallen in love with Bear as soon as they've met her.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 am

If you guys like, we could start a thread called 'Our Pets"...anyone interested?
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:16 am

@ Holls...I remember when you posted about that. Tears your heart in two when you lose one... :bawlin:
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 10947
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 am

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Kizzie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 am

NastyNickers wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Foxy wrote:There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.



sadly it's much harder with cats, they need a far more complex cocktail of ingredients than dogs, they can't manufacture their own taurine so need a supplement, I add taurine powder and omega oils to a 80-10-5-5 rough chop mince and hopefully they get what they need, it's not so important for the other two as they eat Iams/Canin in addition to raw so get what they need from that, but the monster in my Avvie eats exclusively raw

I also mix it up a bit with cheap white fish, sardines, and bone in chicken portions


Yeah my cat flatly refuses raw. He'll rob my toast from my plate, or shove his head in the kids bowl of cereal, but will not entertain raw whichever way I give it him. I tried starving him hoping he'll get desperate and eat it, but nope, he decided he was going to eat his litter instead :roll:

@Vam. Newfies are absolutely wonderful! My fave breed. I don't know anyone who hasn't fallen in love with Bear as soon as they've met her.


My cats (now 1 cat) wont touch raw as they catch thier own nice and warm.

but I do make my own kibble for the cat I have left,its not cooked just dried I also use it for dog treats
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Kizzie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 am

Holly wrote:If you guys like, we could start a thread called 'Our Pets"...anyone interested?

That would be lovely
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Our Pets

Postby Holly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 am

Post anything you like about your pets...from Goldfish to Elephants :mrgreen:
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Foxy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:33 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Foxy wrote:There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.



sadly it's much harder with cats, they need a far more complex cocktail of ingredients than dogs, they can't manufacture their own taurine so need a supplement, I add taurine powder and omega oils to a 80-10-5-5 rough chop mince and hopefully they get what they need, it's not so important for the other two as they eat Iams/Canin in addition to raw so get what they need from that, but the monster in my Avvie eats exclusively raw

I also mix it up a bit with cheap white fish, sardines, and bone in chicken portions


I mix the meat with Chudleys Classic.

I'm allergic to cats but there's a huge black and white boy that 'lives' in the garden. He's a bit of a scrapper, one torn ear and I took him to the vets once because he had a shotgun pellet lodged in his neck (no chip). My partner took a piece out of the shed wall, so there's a hidey hole under his workbench (if that makes sense), he sleeps in there in the day and prowls by night. He's used to me but I think he's semi wild, I doubt he'd be happy to be rehomed but he's fine where he is. His coat is beautiful. I'll get a picture if I can.
I'm no angel and I know it.
User avatar
Foxy
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests