DS and DTV Part 67.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm hearing from a friend in the know that DS lost more ad revenue this year than at any other point during its existence. The revamp has clearly failed. I wonder what happens next? do you think one day it might just cease to exist?

According to HypeStat Digital Spy should rake in around $2,750 per day in ad revenue. Not bad at all, that's about a million a year. I doubt the costs of running it come anywhere close to that.

Interestingly Alexa says that only around a quarter of visitors to the site use the forum.

None of this counts if people are using ad block. Which most people do.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm hearing from a friend in the know that DS lost more ad revenue this year than at any other point during its existence. The revamp has clearly failed. I wonder what happens next? do you think one day it might just cease to exist?

According to HypeStat Digital Spy should rake in around $2,750 per day in ad revenue. Not bad at all, that's about a million a year. I doubt the costs of running it come anywhere close to that.

Interestingly Alexa says that only around a quarter of visitors to the site use the forum.

Well then, they want to listen to the customer feedback, take control of their advertising coding and stop spread malware in their ads.

Postby Lambert » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

Of course it does. If ad blockers are interfering with their analytics then the visitor figures can be considered a rough minimum.

And in actual fact, most people don't use ad blockers.
Lambert

Postby Lambert » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm

laughing guest wrote:
Gùest wrote:
laughing guest wrote:Time for a laff.
'Businessman' Trevgo, the fantasist who spends his days clocking up posts on DS and other forums, has come up with a belter and calculated that Brexit is costing him £5000-£7000 a month.
No doubt annoying, but as he says, he's not someone who looks at price tags when shopping.
And what he's forgotten is that those he constantly accuses of being thick, lazy and ignorant would probably think their vote was worthwhile if the obnoxious prick was just losing £5-£7 a month in the real world.
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... -brexit/p1

:laughing:

trevgo is :off head:

He needs a good :slap:

The pompous DS Chief of the Remainers is a (cl)ass act.
Here he is end of 2014 on another forum:
Migrationwatch are right on this, as they have proved to be on most things. Their prediction for Romanians and Bulgarians was poopoo'd at the time but proved spot on.
Maybe if the Labour fools who were in charge back in the day had listened to them instead of the Lammys and the Abbotts we might be in a shallower shithole.
Exit from the EU is the only answer, I now believe. Bring on the referendum.

http://randombanter.net/index.php?topic ... #msg197886
:gigglesnshit:

Nice catch :thumbsup:
Lambert

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:34 pm

I've told you guys before about Trevgo. He is professional troll on a wind up. In 2014 all he ever did was post about how EU immigration was too high and thats why he was firmly UKIP at the time.

Anything he says cannot be taken seriously. He spends his whole day just trolling for a laugh.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:44 pm

I'd have thought a massive well known website and brand like digital spy would have had more turnover than just over two thousand pounds a day but I'm no expert. Comparisons with previous years so we can compare like with like would be useful but I don't know if that kind of information is available.

Hearst is a big company. I think digital spy is not a big earner for them in the grand scheme of things.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Lambert wrote:

Your quoting in dollars not pounds. In pounds it translates into much less than a million a year.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Guest wrote:I've told you guys before about Trevgo. He is professional troll on a wind up. In 2014 all he ever did was post about how EU immigration was too high and thats why he was firmly UKIP at the time.

Anything he says cannot be taken seriously. He spends his whole day just trolling for a laugh.

It would be interesting I suspect to see what reaction he gives if someone confronts him with those particular quotes in a politics forum debate!

Postby Lambert » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

Your quoting in dollars not pounds. In pounds it translates into much less than a million a year.

You don't say.

And it's you're, you thick cunt.
Lambert

Postby Lambert » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Guest wrote:I'd have thought a massive well known website and brand like digital spy would have had more turnover than just over two thousand pounds a day but I'm no expert. Comparisons with previous years so we can compare like with like would be useful but I don't know if that kind of information is available.

Hearst is a big company. I think digital spy is not a big earner for them in the grand scheme of things.

Two grand a day sounds like a lot to me, but then I don't really know much about ad revenue. They must be making a healthy profit from the site. Moderator wages can't be more than a couple of hundred quid per day. Hosting probably costs them a few thousand a year.
Lambert

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:

You don't say.

And it's you're, you thick cunt.

You sound rattled with your unnecessary rudeness.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:I'd have thought a massive well known website and brand like digital spy would have had more turnover than just over two thousand pounds a day but I'm no expert. Comparisons with previous years so we can compare like with like would be useful but I don't know if that kind of information is available.

Two grand a day sounds like a lot to me, but then I don't really know much about ad revenue. They must be making a healthy profit from the site. Moderator wages can't be more than a couple of hundred quid per day. Hosting probably costs them a few thousand a year.

Why must they be making a healthy profit? The upgrade wouldn't have been cheap and hasn't been factored into the figures as far as I can tell.
I wonder how much IMBD was making on their forums before they pulled the rug?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:So how does being blamed for oppressing women make you feel?

It doesn't affect me personally, but as a gender it does. Look at how some of the feminists views of men on DS. You've heard some feminists say all men are rapists.

I'm getting a bit tired of all these gender wars tbh. Men and women should work together as a team on the same side, not as opponents on different sides.

And white men are still getting blamed for the slave trade, the British Empire, the English for the Irish potato famine. How far back in time do we go. Blame modern day people for WW1, WW2, the invasions by the Romans, Normans, Danes, Anglo-Saxons etc.

You've got to move on.

My dad refused to buy anything Japanese because of WW2. I told him at the time you can't blame the vast majority of Japanese living today for what happened back then.

Dafuq? :dunno:

No one's ever blamed me for the British Empire. Or said I'm a rapist

You must hang out with some right oddballs in Luton, mate!!! :pmsl:

I think it’s more the oddball feminists/ feminazis on DS that make people think this way to be honest. Not Luton. It was always going to happen at some point when views like ‘all men are rapists’ which again was brought up in the recent thread, are accepted by some.
Some say the MRAs are batshit crazy and with many I could not agree more. What seems harder for many to accept is that also a lot of the feminists on DS are batshit crazy too.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Hearst has revenue of nearly eleven billion dollars a year so the amount digital spy makes is just a drop in the ocean and not something they'd miss or even notice if digital spy didn't exist.

Postby jra » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:58 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:If I were O'Chi I'd be suing right about now

Suing for using an avatar freely available in the public domain.

You are a card, hobbit. I'll give you that.

If anything I should be charging her for promoting her music.

:pmsl:

I was thinking more bringing her name and artistry into disrepute

but yeah wotevs

Hobbit. You really are clutching at straws in your desperation to bait me.
jra

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive