Postby Holly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:34 am

Vicky wrote:
Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vam wrote:
scan0003.jpg

IMG_1531.JPG

@ Nic...you said you're always on the lookout for something cute to work your magic on. You've already seen my tarts in the Cecil thread. Here are the twinnies I had before, when I lived in London. I cried for a year when I lost them, both within a month of each other.

Oh how cute are they?...are they Shih tzus?

Yes, it is devastating to lose a pet you had for years, especially when you had them right from when they were puppies. I totally understand the grief you felt, I so do too...it's been 17 month now since I lost my girl and I'm still just not over it. I miss her terribly, every time I speak of her, I burst into tears....Having said that, I'm so very glad I had her in my life, she gave me so much happiness, fun and love. Not sure I want another dog though once my last one is gone...it's just too painful to lose them.

The only pets I've had were goldfish, it was a shame when they died but not quite heartbreaking. I probably wouldn't cope well with losing a dog.

:gigglesnshit:

I also once had a fish tank with lots of lovely goldfish...however, for some reason they kept dying on me, and to be perfectly honest, I got rather sad every time I saw one floating upside down....but yeah, it's just not the same as losing a dog. They are almost like your children, everyone who ever lost a dog and is a true dog lover, will know how painful it is.

My brother was looking after his girlfriends fish, when she went on holiday.

She'd had him for about fourteen years and was very attached to him.

The plane was still up in the air, when the poor wee sod died.

Awwww, she would have been devastated :ooer: 14 years is a long time to have any pet, even a fish...but I suppose she forgave him ( although I would never let him forget it )

I had 2 turtles and a ferret once when I was in my 20s...My then boyfriend and I went to Spain on holiday and his mother offered to look after my little creatures. I gave her all the info she needed and she said she will be fine and to go and have a lovely time. Long story short, ..when we came back, the ferret ran away cos she left the door open, and she poisoned my turtles by feeding them too much each day and therefore poisoned the water ...I wanted to kill that fokn idiotic old woman...I was really, really upset and very sad...but what can you do???
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Our Pets

Postby Vicky » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Awwww, she would have been devastated :ooer: 14 years is a long time to have any pet, even a fish...but I suppose she forgave him ( although I would never let him forget it )

I had 2 turtles and a ferret once when I was in my 20s...My then boyfriend and I went to Spain on holiday and his mother offered to look after my little creatures. I gave her all the info she needed and she said she will be fine and to go and have a lovely time. Long story short, ..when we came back, the ferret ran away cos she left the door open, and she poisoned my turtles by feeding them too much each day and therefore poisoned the water ...I wanted to kill that fokn idiotic old woman...I was really, really upset and very sad...but what can you do???

That's just sheer carelessness, big or small you get very attached to all your pets.

My bruvs girlfriend was always a bit dubious about his story and had a suspicion his cat had eaten the fish.

:ooer:
Vicky

Postby Foxy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:04 pm

We had the class hamster when my kids were small. One of them (never found out who) fed it Shreddies and it died. We bought a new one but confessed to the teacher.

My partner is the fish man. He has a couple of tanks but I don't touch them. Nice to look at though of an evening. Better than some of the programmes on telly.
Foxy

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Vicky wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

That's just sheer carelessness, big or small you get very attached to all your pets.

My bruvs girlfriend was always a bit dubious about his story and had a suspicion his cat had eaten the fish.

:ooer:

It was quite some time ago, but I do remember coming back all happy from our holiday and then being told my little creatures are no longer around...I was especially upset about my ferret, she was really loving, cuddly and so cute. I really hated that woman from that day on.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Foxy wrote:We had the class hamster when my kids were small. One of them (never found out who) fed it Shreddies and it died. We bought a new one but confessed to the teacher.

My partner is the fish man. He has a couple of tanks but I don't touch them. Nice to look at though of an evening. Better than some of the programmes on telly.

That just reminded me of our pet hamster in school, Ringo. Somebody obviously hadn't closed the cage door properly, and when we arrived the next morning the poor little mite had drowned in a bucket of glue! :ooer:
Frankly

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:01 am

I’ve just had to book Bear into the kennels for 10 days :bawlin: i hate doing it, and this’ll be the second time this year she’s had to go in them. I’ve got a major attack of the guilts.
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:13 am

NastyNickers wrote:I’ve just had to book Bear into the kennels for 10 days :bawlin: i hate doing it, and this’ll be the second time this year she’s had to go in them. I’ve got a major attack of the guilts.

:bawlin: ....Can I ask why?
And who's going to watch her when you go on your hols soon?

Edit...I get it now - this is for when you're away, isn't it? Who gets your Rambocat?
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I’ve just had to book Bear into the kennels for 10 days :bawlin: i hate doing it, and this’ll be the second time this year she’s had to go in them. I’ve got a major attack of the guilts.

Edit...I get it now - this is for when you're away, isn't it? Who gets your Rambocat?

Yeah, it’s while we are away. We’re only gone for 7 nights, but with such a long flight and time differences it works out she’ll need to be gone for 10 days. For most of our little weekends away she goes to stay with a dog sitter, Sod’s law the sitter has had holidays when we have them this year.

The cat will stay at home and my parents will come feed him and entertain him. He’s a twat, he has an absolute meltdown if he is moved. He stayed at my nanna’s for a week once and spent it all hid under a tiny little cabinet. It’s less cruel leaving him alone for a week than it is sending him anywhere else.
NastyNickers

Postby Vicky » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 am

thumbnail_IMG_20171023_120851.jpg

His Nibs about half an hour ago, he's listening out for the man bringing the new carpet.
Vicky

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:45 am

Vicky wrote:

His Nibs about half an hour ago, he's listening out for the man bringing the new carpet.

he's got the gooiest eyes! how can you ever say no to that little face? i bet he's got you wrapped round his paw. :wubbers:

Postby Muser » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am

Vicky wrote:

I adore Golden Labs, the friendliest and most good natured of dogs when lovingly cared for.

He is beautiful Vicky.
Muser

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Vam wrote:

I've got one near to me. Posh pets howling and crying. How can anyone enjoy a holiday knowing they'd left their pet in one of those?

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Muser wrote:
Vicky wrote:

I adore Golden Labs, the friendliest and most good natured of dogs when lovingly cared for.

He is beautiful Vicky.

Thanks Guesty.

He's a very boisterous dog and throws himself at all humans (He did the same to Meas when she was here)

But he's very gentle with children and when he goes a walk all the children must pat or cuddled Jack or Dack as the tots call him.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Vicky wrote:

he's got the gooiest eyes! how can you ever say no to that little face? i bet he's got you wrapped round his paw. :wubbers:

The breeder we get his food off gave us a row and said stop looking at his eyes and start looking at his belly!!
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Here's Jack's Dad..

Jack's Half-Brother Blue

Willoughby is both lads dad, i never met Blue's mum.

Jack's mum was called Bramble.

:wubbers:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms